New Order, Part 2 (802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lil Naitch
    Now that the Asgaurd have an edge against the Replicators, maybe they can lend a hand against Baal. Also, how about they help us perfect the hyperdrive and sheils/weapons systems on the X-302/ X-303?
    Maybe they can tell us how to solve the naquadria problem with the X302!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Naitch
      Now that the Asgaurd have an edge against the Replicators, maybe they can lend a hand against Baal. Also, how about they help us perfect the hyperdrive and sheils/weapons systems on the X-302/ X-303?
      The Asgard have already help with the shields and weapons systems on the X-303. That was stated in the S6, in the ep Disclosure.

My favorite part is when Thor revives Jack and he asks Teal'c, "Teal'c, what's with the hair." He asks it twice and Teal's just grins.

Comment

Oooh we got's us a Goa'uld now!

I like the Celts and their history so I enjoyed hearing about him. I want him to live the entire season, I like him. I also want to see some "Jaffa revenge" related to him.

I found it funny Thor corrected no one about his rank:

"I'm Supreme Commander Thor, but my friends call me Commander Thor."

I loved all the new ships we got to see, Replicator ship #1 and #2, the Daniel Jackson...

Now I want to see a rep Sam - Sam switch episode.

I hope Baal dies at the hands of Fifth, or the other way around, or Rep Sam could...*rambles*

It occured to me, will we give Jack's weapon to the Goa-uld? Or at least the System Lords? I mean the enemy of my enemy and all that.
        Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
        Daniel: Niet.
        Jack: Daniel!
        Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
        -1969 (221)

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
          Hehe, lets see 'The Samantha Carter', 'The Teal'c', haha, i just love how they named the ships after them Hehe, makes me think, 'The Hammond', haha...
          In an episode with Hammond in control of the Prometheous:

'General Hammond, we have just recieved a message from... the Hammond?'
          Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
          Daniel: Niet.
          Jack: Daniel!
          Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
          -1969 (221)

Comment

Originally posted by Elmseeker
            Except, of course, for the hormones that flow through their bodies. It is a fact that women are moe emotional, outwardly at any rate, than men.
            Hum. I took a psych class a year ago, and one of the studies we looked at was aboutfemale hormones and outward emotionalism, as tied to the monthly cycle. They had women (and those around them) keep track of their emotions on a daily basis, and matched that up with where they were in their cycle. And found, to their surprise, that even for women who insisted that their cycle had a drastic effect on their emotions, when you looked at all the data, there was no general correlation between their monthly cycle (which is all hormonally governed) and their outward emotionalism. As to whether the mere presence of those hormones makes women inherently more emotional than men, well, I don't think there's any way to do a scientifically valid test of that given the differences between male and female social conditioning. I mean, it's ok for a girl to get emotional with her girlfriends. For a guy, in most cases, it's not. That has an affect on behavior, so determining how much is culture and how much is biology is probably impossible at this point.

And that's assuming that you can legitimately say that men generally are less outwardly emotional than women; even if that's true, you can't say that generalization applies to everybody. For example, my brother and my father are more outwardly emotional than either my Mom or I. So in my immediate family, that stereotype is reversed. Yes, I know many macho guys who don't show their feelings and plenty of women who wear their heart on their shoulder. But I also know many people who are exactly the opposite of that stereotype. I don't like generalizations. In my experience, they aren't very useful in dealing with real life, and are often counter-productive.
            My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
            -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
            -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
            -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

This was an awesome episode. The replicator arc has always been one of my favs. Near the end I thought that huge replicator ship was actually a giant replicator bug. I was just waiting for it to get up. I thought Fifth was going to be killed and the arc ended. I was never so glad to see the enemy get away. I was also kinda hoping to see some wooden replicators when they were in the forest.

I think the replicators might find a way to counter act the new weapon, just like they did for every other weapon that was created to defeat them. Maybe they'll form HUGE blocks that don't need to communicate between themselves GIANT LEGO BRICKS OF DOOM.

And regarding purple trees, I think there was an episode of the Outer Limits where some team was walking through a purple forest. I thought they filmed in Vancouver also, so it should be possible, although extremely ugly.

And one thing's bugging me fifth says he's had plenty of time to think about what sam did to him, but didn't the time bubble slow down time? To him, it would only be a matter of minutes, or seconds which passed by until he stopped the device and got out of the bubble. Unless he had to make it speed up time to get away from the black hole, or something else unexplained.

And I remember people arguing about Odin on another thread. It turns out the High-Council asgard with the neck pendant isn't Odin, so maybe he is missing an eye

And this is completely off topic, but this is really starting to bug me. Anubis can you please stop posting simple, almost pointless, one-line messages in practically every thread on this forum. There's more to life than getting a high post count.
              My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Hi All,

Long time fan, first time poster. Spent much time reading forums and what better time to join into some good discussion than with a new season opener after the anticipation.

Not wanting to rehash anything else though I'd like to make my comments on our good buddy Thor.

He's probably more energetic and moved around more and looked a bit glossier due to his newest clone body after his previous one was destroyed. It may also explain the slight difference in the sound of his voice. Sound plausible? Loved his interactions with Teal'c and all as well. Couldn't stop laughing at his eye-opening reaction when the weapon was used. On his supreme commander status, I think he's less likely to correct his subordinates than correcting Earth dignitaries for emphasis (loved that scene too). Kudos to the puppeteers.

I am a bit surprised that Thor would not christen his latest vessel O'Neil as well. Can't seem to recall the name of his last vessel that the replicators ate up and crashed into the ocean (other than Thor's Chariot). Let one of the other Asguard command the DJ.

Also been wondering what kind of position Odin will have in the Asguard society?

I don't think I'll be posting too frequently since I try to only post when I have something unique to say though I'll be reading along as time permits me to.

Comment

I can't wait to see the scenes of the replicators
                  __

__

Comment

So... I gotta say that Fifth kinda creeped me out. I dunno. During Season Six, I thought he looked like a kid kinda, but now he looks like a mature & vengeful adult. When AT said that he's "the prettiest bad guy we have" on The Lowdown, I was expecting little, exuberant, over-zealous, Fifth, not... FIFTH. He's so creepy to me. I definitely don't like him, and I definitely think that Sam's gonna get out of control, and become worse than him. I mean, look how much they've all "evolved." Plus, Sam has the utmost ability to kick some major tail when she wants to, so RepliCarter (The Best!!!!) is probably even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
                      And I remember people arguing about Odin on another thread. It turns out the High-Council asgard with the neck pendant isn't Odin, so maybe he is missing an eye
                      Odin wouldn't be missing an eye. If he even did lose an eye, he would have been given a new cloned body, complete with eye.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, those asgard can have too many bodies. Loose an arm and get a new body. Cool
                        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          Odin wouldn't be missing an eye. If he even did lose an eye, he would have been given a new cloned body, complete with eye.
                          Good point, haha...

Also, in a few posts up, i think it was Chevron who said something about the Replicators finding a way to counter the new weapon, although i agree, wouldn't they have to 'consume' the weapon first? And if they did find a way, i would think the Asgard would try to figure out how they did it, although yah, maybe they couldn't
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Yeah, the reps would have to 'eat' the weapon first
                            __

__

Comment

The weapon was made with the knowledge of the ancients

Unless the replicators eat a Library of the Ancients™ any time soon, I don't see them ever counteracting it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                                The weapon was made with the knowledge of the ancients

Unless the replicators eat a Library of the Ancients™ any time soon, I don't see them ever counteracting it.
                                Hmm, didn't the ancients put their little 'head suckers' on many different worlds? Could the Replicators just eat one of those and know all the secrets, or do you think the Ancients knew about them, and did something to it, so it couldn't be eaten, haha...
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X