No announcement yet.

New Order, Part 2 (802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually sort of avoiding this thread because I've only made one pass at viewing New Order (with many pauses for annoying RL stuff). I'll check in again after I've taken another look, but...

My first impression: YAY! What fun! What a great ending/cliffhanger! Loved the scene of the team discussing Jack's promotion...that's classic!
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      is it jsut me or do daniel and weir have a wee bit of chemistry going on?
      I wondered about that, myself, but decided to ignore it because I really don't wanna go there. Besides, if the pics from Rising are right, the "chemistry" could have been a little misdirection.

I definitely hope that Sam suffers from SOME fallout after what happened- maybe those nightmares that Hallucination Pete mentioned. Although traditionally, SG characters never seem to suffer from any fallout no matter WHAT kind of horrible things happen to them. Unless it's a relevant plot point, like in Fire & Water.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        I just object to being told that I have to use a specific nickname because it is obviously "cooler" than any others.
        I didn't tell you that you had to use it. That it is obviously cooler is only my opinion. It just so happens my opinion is right in this case.

...and, just in case you didn't catch it, that's called being tongue-in-cheek.
        It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

Oh, I dunno about that. I think Fifth might discover that Repli-Sam is just as impossible to control as the real thing. Just because he created her to love him doesn't mean she will...
          Yah, the whole repli-sam thing about 'it maybe' impossible to control her like the real Sam, reminds me a little bit about the Buffy-bot from obviously Buffy the vampire slayer, haha... But anyway, it'll be crazy if Repli-Sam became 'renegade' -ish and parted away from Fifth, and make her own trouble, that would be interesting, well to me at least
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Another thing to keep in mind is that Fifth had, as the others said, a "design flaw". Just because he's creating his own humanoid replicators doesn't mean that he'll pass that flaw on to others...

Comment

I wonder if we'll get any of Ba'al's territory...

who can see O'neill being a system lord? hehehe
              sigpic

Comment

Another thing to keep in mind is that Fifth had, as the others said, a "design flaw". Just because he's creating his own humanoid replicators doesn't mean that he'll pass that flaw on to others...
                Then that means, replicator sam will be like 90 percent like the regular sam, haha... Well maybe not 90 percent I wonder if replicator sam will be more evil than fifth or any other bad guy, but maybe she won't be evil at all , now that would just be boring then ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  I wonder if we'll get any of Ba'al's territory...

who can see O'neill being a system lord? hehehe
                  Not so much O'Neill, but I do think Weir would make a great one! My respect for her went way up after she put that on the table! I really like this incarnation of Weir.
                  "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                  it has it's own laws and beats about things
                  which the intellect scorns."
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

I'm usually a lurker but anyways, I liked the episode a lot.

a) As someone else mentioned previously, the Asgard finally get a weapon to protect them from Replicator threats. I'm asssuming the Prometheus will be upgraded aswell since the technology doesn't seem to have any other purpose than to destroy Replicators. Granted, the weapon was built by Ancient knowledge, but it didn't seem like an overpowered solution in dealing with the Replicators. I was worried that the writers wrote themselves into a hole by making the Replicators absorb all kinds of energy blasts and be able to construct other Replicators from anything, making them virtually impossible to deal with.

As for speculation of what will happen to the Replicators. It seems apparent that they're heading to the Milky Way. For future speculation though, maybe the Replicators will have to fight on the same terms as every other race in the universe when faced with the Ancient weapon and have to build androids and ships without using replicator blocks.

It would be cool if we had seen android Sam (from Season 1 and 4 provided Harlan has made another copy) and human Sam face off against Replicator Sam.

b) Could Camalus be the fourth SG1 member when Jack isn't around?

c) Baal is getting stronger and he's taken over Anubis supersoldiers. Has no Gould thought of solution that they could escape their need to control another host by melding with the supersoldier body? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Anubis was using go'uld without any sentience or ego associated with the Go'uld. So what happens if a Tokra or Gould take use the supersoldier outfit instead of relying on human hosts? The Tokra could mass produce and the Gould probably would have no need of enslaving humans to ensure they have hosts. And since Gould can join Tokra forces (Malek from season 6 and mentioned in season 4 I believe) I'm going to conclude that this will be the positive resolution to the Tokra arc in the series where Gould and Tokra become their own distinct society without dependence on host species.

As an aside, can Tokra/Gould meld with animal lifeforms? The spider creature in season 5 was one instance and it would seem that they wouldn't have quite the moral problem of controlling a nonperson than by controlling a person.

d) How are the other races in the Milky Way going to deal with the Replicator threat. Granted, we don't care about the Aschen but the Asgard would likely share their Replicator technology with the Nox outpost, the Cerileans/ hybridians, the Xe'ls, and other benevolent advanced civilizations since they can't end up patrolling all of the Milky Way. I'm assuming the Crystal Skull aliens can defend for themselves though.

Comment

I might be shooting myself in the foot here, but do you think we'll see more Asgard ships in the future named after SG-1 (or even SGC) members?

I know The O'Neill and The Daniel Jackson are taken. What's next? The Samantha Carter?

(ducks, so as not to get zatted)
                      I am on a mission to acquire the SG-1 DVDs, since I wish to know all about this great universe...

I have the original movie and Season 1 on DVD.

Update: I also have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD.

I have seen the light! Please help me learn more!

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron 1
                        I might be shooting myself in the foot here, but do you think we'll see more Asgard ships in the future named after SG-1 (or even SGC) members?

I know The O'Neill and The Daniel Jackson are taken. What's next? The Samantha Carter?

(ducks, so as not to get zatted)
                        Hehe, lets see 'The Samantha Carter', 'The Teal'c', haha, i just love how they named the ships after them Hehe, makes me think, 'The Hammond', haha...

Comment

*off topic : i think it's some kind of mouse with fashionable clothes*
                          __

__

Comment

Much as it truly pains me to admit... the ep wasn't bad. Nice to know the writers can still pull off a good ep once in a while.

Of course, the ep was also overwhelmingly, vomit-inducingly shippy to the point where I wanted to scream and put my fist through the TV, but that vile, irritating, horribly nasty Takes Away From My Enjoyment of the Show With Its Stupid Nasty Pointless Stupid Vomitous Ship stuff aside, the actiony and plot elements were good.

I want an Amaterasu av.
                            So you don't like the "ship", eh?

I thought it was great. I was glad that that "THE DANIEL JACKSON" didn't get destroyed like "THE JACK O'NIELL".

I think that it was the best season opener that we had in a few years. There was no underlining issues to complicate things. By this I mean that in S6 you had DJ gone and Jonas starting. In S7 you had DJ returning and Jonas leaving. This year you had none of that. I felt you had a great story that wasn't trying to do too much. It didn't feel forced or rushed. It was just a straight forward action packed ep.

Did anyone else find it amusing that on Thor's ship, thor said that (paraphasing here) Jack's mind was joining with "THE DANIEL JACKSON"? Subtexts?
                            sigpic
                            Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Many say it was the best episode ever or best opener. Anticipating the return in UK...
                              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                                Going waaaay off topic but Skydiver, what in the world is your avatar? It looks like Lambchops in sunglasses....
                                it's hammy

as in
                                http://witwigh.sesaworuban.net/

don davis even signed him a couple of years ago
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X