New Order, Part 2 (802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elmseeker
    Except, of course, for the hormones that flow through their bodies. It is a fact that women are moe emotional, outwardly at any rate, than men.
    Sorry, but that is purely social conditioning and has nothing to do with biology. Men are taught to "be strong" "boys don't cry" and all that BS. So, only because it's *okay* for a girl to show her emotions in our society does it APPEAR that women are more emotional.

Oh, and BTW, men have hormones coursing through their bodies constantly (all humans do!). Don't you remember your high school biology classes?
    sigpic

Comment

I have a feeling that, depending on how TPTB decide to play this, Repli-Sam could be the most fearsome enemy SG-1 has ever faced.

Comment

Wow - isn't that the truth!?! Repli-Sam, with the smarts of Sam Carter and the near invulnerability of the Replicators and an emotional attachment to Fifth could be truly fearsome!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STG-1
          <snip>
          And lastly, what's with the "repeat after me.." ceremony right after Jack pins on silver oak leaves on Sam? No one ever does that after a promotion. Its a totally different ceremony that one goes through when one enters a new office of responsibility, NOT rank.
          Yeah, could someone please explain that to me as well? Did that happen when she was promoted to Major?

Token ~

Comment

best part of the episode by far was the interaction with O'Neill and the ship
            testing ,testing

lights on lights off lights on lights off that cracked me up god I have a feeling this season will surpass all my expectations

Comment

Sounds like everyone enjoyed everything apart from everyone not in the US! lol
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                Repli-Sam, with the smarts of Sam Carter and the near invulnerability of the Replicators and an emotional attachment to Fifth could be truly fearsome!
                Oh, I dunno about that. I think Fifth might discover that Repli-Sam is just as impossible to control as the real thing. Just because he created her to love him doesn't mean she will...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Oh, I dunno about that. I think Fifth might discover that Repli-Sam is just as impossible to control as the real thing. Just because he created her to love him doesn't mean she will...
                  exactly

you can lead a horse to water but u cant make it drink, its a theme that is common in literature as well in Frankenstein the creature that the monster forces the good doctor to create as his mate does not fall in love with him, so we could see the same kind of thing where she rebels that would be amazing

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    Before this ep, I had my worries. But this has proved to me that Stargate SG-1 still rocks. Like in the previous thread, I was totally gung ho, but seriously... This premiere was very cool.

And, you know, it wasn't that shippy. It was team-y. I loved the team scene at the end. Very good. It's like setting the tone for the rest of the season. Team-y... Yeah...
                    "Team-y" is exactly the right word for the feeling from the show last night. Nice, comfortable and team-y. Genuine emotion and feeling for the other members of the team and between friends but not in a 'shippy' way. Everything and everyone working together, just like it's suppose to. Loved it.

"Team -y." Very nice. Thanks for the new word, D of S.
                    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                    it has it's own laws and beats about things
                    which the intellect scorns."
                    - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                      "Team-y" is exactly the right word for the feeling from the show last night. Nice, comfortable and team-y.
                      But the team was only all in the same room at the end. This was what I was trying to point out when I sort of bashed the team concept a while back...I appreciated that there were several great interactions of the characters, all of them had a role to play, there was a good story, etc. It didn't matter to me that the team wasn't really together. "Team" just isn't important to me if there are good interactions between all the members in any various combinations.

As for Repli-Sam, I think it would actually be a little cliché if she wasn't in love with Fifth because Sam's personality was just "too strong" and "overrode" her programming. Sam is already a strong character; if Repli-Sam has different reactions coming from a different environment, that shouldn't threaten our view of Sam.
                      It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicarius
                        I definitely liked the episode over all, though I was a bit impatient in the first half waiting for them to unfreeze Jack. I loved his interaction with the ship. And the bit at the end where he's deciding whether to take the job or not.

I did groan inwardly when they beamed down to the Asgard planet and it looked just like Vancouver... I know, I know, it's a money thing, but come on, it's a whole different galaxy. You'd at least expect some purple trees or something.
                        LOL!!! I thought the same thing about the Asgard planet. A purple tree, a blue bush....somethin'
                        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Whoa, in another thread, someone suggested "RepliCarter" instead of RepliSam. Maybe someone said that already in this thread (I skipped a few pages), but "RepliCarter" is way better.
                          It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

I like both. I think they both have their good sayings
                            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Adamixoye
                              Whoa, in another thread, someone suggested "RepliCarter" instead of RepliSam. Maybe someone said that already in this thread (I skipped a few pages), but "RepliCarter" is way better.
                              I'll call her whatever I feel like calling her. How 'bout FooFoo?

Dunno about the clichedness factor, but since SG generally seems to play up to cliches anyway, I don't see a conflict. I will say that if Repli-Sam () is some wishy-washy little wisp of a thing cowering beside Big, Strong Fifth, I shall be disappointed and disgusted. No matter what her origins, she's still a reflection of Sam and I, for one, would like to see an echo of that in her.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamixoye
                                But the team was only all in the same room at the end. This was what I was trying to point out when I sort of bashed the team concept a while back...I appreciated that there were several great interactions of the characters, all of them had a role to play, there was a good story, etc. It didn't matter to me that the team wasn't really together. "Team" just isn't important to me if there are good interactions between all the members in any various combinations...
                                You don't have to have all the people on the team in the same room to have a since of teamwork. Indeed, everyone working towards the same goal woulkd have a sense of teamwork with others working towards the same goal even if they're not in the same physical area. The interactions between the team members, whether two or ten at a time, is what produces that 'team-y' feeling.

I'm sorry but that's just how I feel about it...what do you think?
                                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                                X