No announcement yet.

Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is my favorite episode by far for SG-1 The Lost City was a very good episode. We had all of the elements-team moments, a little romance, a big space battle, and we had anubis get his butt handed to him by O'Neill via drones. My Rating 10/10!

Comment

grr.... I never actually got to see the lost city part 1 and 2 because the disc always messes up on that part...grr

~Sig by the wonderful ElephantGirl~ FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by mrs.Jackson982 View Post
        grr.... I never actually got to see the lost city part 1 and 2 because the disc always messes up on that part...grr
        you HAVE to watch LC! it's the best season finale ever imo
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mrs.Jackson982 View Post
          That's what happened with my first set, much to my dismay. Luckily, I was able to exchange it for a new set without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
            This has probably been brought up before and I missed it, but after watching The Lost City, Part II again, just now, I heard the Atlantis theme, once, when they were on the planet where they find the the ZPM and again, when Jack is in the Antarctic and he sits in the chair, releasing the drones. I can't believe I never recognized the melody before this.....it was written before SGA even premiered. Amazing....
            I noticed it too and like someone else in this thread said, it gave me chills just hearing it. The Atlantis music can actually be heard in at least three places:

1. On Proclarush Taonas after O'Neil utters the words "Terra . . . Atlantis". (This scene is my favorite from the entire series.)

2. Aboard the Al'kesh just after O'Neil heals Bra'tac's wound.

3. At the Antarctic outpost just after Daniel tells them this is not the Lost City.

Too bad that anyone watching the series for the first time in the correct timeline order wouldn't notice the familiarity of the music in these scenes.
            My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

I think the battle scene was absolutely awesome
              Finally seen it from start to finish and the episode on a whole is ok
              Some bits could have been a bit better but as i said... over all i think it was ok
              Last edited by Teddybrown; 13 June 2008, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Best Ep Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Sphere…planet. Label…name.
                Following…still…you…not!

Comment

Hmmm... How can I comment on Lost City. It's not split into 2 parts in the DVD that I have. I'll just have to combine my comments for Part 1 and 2 then. So here it is. Warning for randomness.

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!!! That battle scene with the F-302s and Prometheus was amazing!!! I love love love it! Now this is sci-fi! It looked so cool when the F-302s are coming from one direction and the Alkesh and gliders from another then wham! Especially when the Prometheus is covering the shuttle. And another wow for the Prometheus shields. They are almost close to the main mothership and their shields are still holding up. That is some shields. Was it Asgard? The weapons are kinda weak though. I have to watch again to see if they hit anything.

The entire episode is amazing. But that battle scene, for me, makes up for all the other bad episodes in this season.

Jack has once again proven his leadership skill by taking on the ancient device. I know it's not good for him, but I kinda like Ancient Jack. The healing thing is a bit meh though.

I love that scene where SG1 and Hammond are having drinks. Daniel is sooo drunk but funny. How many has he had? Burns as goauld. Guinness as substitute for food. What an idea.

Ancient weapon are glowy jellyfish/squid? Uh-huh. Whatever works. For all we know, it may be Jack's imagination that formed the shape of the weapon.

If Anubis knew where to send his hologram in that ice cavern, why didn't he just transport himself?

Kinsey got fired! Yes! He is such a coward. Where does he think he's going? The Alpha site? Doesn't he need authorisation for going through the gate?

With all those alien ships orbiting the planet, would the meteor showers alibi really work?
                  Last edited by L E E; 29 July 2008, 09:04 AM.

Comment

wheres cameron mitchell in it?....
                    he's kinda missing ^^
                    sigpic

Comment

So O'Neill is the one who let his get sucked. Was he the only one who would be able to do it? If daniel had done it would it have been succesful on him. I ask because carter was near the wall when the headsucker came out of the wall. In the Fifth race, it came out when Jack crossed the circle. So is anyone able to access the repository or only those with ancient genes?

Oops sorry this was supposed to go in Lost City part 1
                      Last edited by gatechick; 19 October 2008, 03:03 PM.

Comment

I think it's the ATA gene. The Asgard had trouble getting info from one, and the Asgard said Jack was 'advanced'.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

This episode would have made a GREAT movie. It ahd all the elements. Action, effects, team building moments and relationship angst. Something like this is what I hope the third SG-1 movie will be.

Everyone argues that Jack shouldn't have been the one to have his head sucked again, but maybe he was the only one who could have done it because of the ATA gene?

Though Daniel uses one of those things in season 9 or 10 in Merlin's cave, though it doesn't work quite the same way.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Yea, it was definity one of the most exciteing episodes of the SG-1 series. It was funny to xD When they looked at the crossword puzzle and

Sam said "For 14 down the question was Celestial Body and you wrote the answer Uma Therman?"

Jack : "Ahh yes.."

LoL hurray for JACK!

Comment

Well, he couldn't very well admit that it was SAM, now, could he? Pesky frat regs and all . . .

It was genius that he started filling out the crossword in Ancient. Ahh , I love Lost City so much!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

i love when he filled out the cross word in Ancient i also lied when he started talking in ancient. i can't believe he actually put the library of knowledge back in his brain when it almost killed him the first time
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X