Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    I loved these episodes but I wonder why some things were not explained about the outpost in Antarctica.

1. Why was the ZPM depleted?
    2. Against whom did the Ancients use that ZPM to power the drones?
    Well technically they didnt run out of drones but it does pose the question how the ZPM ran out of power but my theory is that the shield was running over time when atlantis left the outpost in Antarctica after 10,000 years you would expect the ZPM run out power

Comment

Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
      Well technically they didnt run out of drones but it does pose the question how the ZPM ran out of power but my theory is that the shield was running over time when atlantis left the outpost in Antarctica after 10,000 years you would expect the ZPM run out power

Okay, why would they leave the shield running if nobody was there?

Maybe you are right, to quarantine the area, where the plague was...who knows . I think things would be a lot easier if we could find some evidence that they encountered other problems on Earth apart from the plague.

After seeing all the episodes regarding the Lost City, i tend to think that they used the ZPM in order to give the star drive sufficient power to take off. One might say now that they had enough ZPMs and they did not need the outpost ZPM, but can we know for sure? Another idea could be that they were suffering badly from the plague and had no clue where they would go and what will happen, so they figured they should save the 3 ZPMs and drain the outpost one.

Just an idea, I don't even think this happened .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        Okay, why would they leave the shield running if nobody was there?

Maybe you are right, to quarantine the area, where the plague was...who knows . I think things would be a lot easier if we could find some evidence that they encountered other problems on Earth apart from the plague.

After seeing all the episodes regarding the Lost City, i tend to think that they used the ZPM in order to give the star drive sufficient power to take off. One might say now that they had enough ZPMs and they did not need the outpost ZPM, but can we know for sure? Another idea could be that they were suffering badly from the plague and had no clue where they would go and what will happen, so they figured they should save the 3 ZPMs and drain the outpost one.

Just an idea, I don't even think this happened .
        What sort of plague are you talking about? The Black Plague?

They probably left the shield running so that no else could get their hands on the outpost.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Falcon View Post
          What sort of plague are you talking about? The Black Plague?

They probably left the shield running so that no else could get their hands on the outpost.

Who would want the outpost?

Comment

Earth might want it or atleast the Chair and any potential drones they have laying around in storage down there might be nice aswell. All of it could be beamed right out by a 304.

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferhailey View Post
              Oh wow I loved the ending to this ep.

The look on Sam's face when she touches the ice and sees Jack frozen, awww! Angst-o-rama!
              And the rest of the teams.... Was for me, a 'flip' of meridian when they were all watching danny die..

Originally posted by Bacardi View Post
              you just gave me the BEST idea..!!

an SG-1 exibit in Madam Toussauds (sp?) in London waxwork models of the team hehe
              I am actually surprised they have not done that... I know i would go there..

Originally posted by CkiCki View Post
              One of my favorite parts of this ep can be said in two words: KINSEY FIRED. I'm liking this new president, he's got some class. =)
              And some balls.... Especially after what he said in 'inauguration'..

Originally posted by DownFallAngel View Post
              Both her and Uma Therman are celestial bodies IMO.
              Her, yes. Uma no... i cannot stand her...

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin View Post
              And besides, I think the jelly-fish kinda went with the jelly-pad O'neill used to control the weapon.
              ROTFLMAO...... That is a cool visualization.

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferhailey View Post
                Oh wow I loved the ending to this ep.

SPOILER:

The look on Sam's face when she touches the ice and sees Jack frozen, awww! Angst-o-rama!
                The ending of this ep always makes me cry, even though I know SG-1 will find a way to save O'Neill. The look on Sam, Daniel and Teal'c's faces as they look at frozen Jack are so sad.

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                Id have to agree with you there teal'c2006. This is my all time favorite ep. of stargate. It has everything you could want in an ep., great action, great team interraction, a crisis and a cliffhanger ending making you want more!
                I agree too. The Lost City was an awesome episode because it had a little bit of everything that makes Stargate so fantastic to watch. Loved it.
                "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                S/J all the way!
                Big Honkin' Resolution!
                sigpic
                John/Teyla Shipper!
                SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

While the scene with jack going into the chamber to be frozen was a tear jerker, to me the music is what made me cry...

Comment

Ohh, great episode! That was a hell of a season finale! Stargate writters/directors sure know what they're doing! (Though I almost broke my television when I read "the end") LMAO ;D

I did cry at end. When he said "aveo amacuse" or something like that... ;\
                    Sam touching the icy chamber was sad too... The bitter taste of saying goodbye to someone you love. Arrg, just to see them looking into each other eyes as if was the last time... ;\\
                    sigpic

Comment

it was the end of the sg-1 as we had known it for years.

Comment

I've notice something that i wanted point out. In the ep Lost City pt.2 we see that the outpost uses drones. Now with everything you've seen - stargate and atlantis, the anicents were using, to roughly put it "lasers", energy weapons to defend themselves. But, this is what i want to point out where the weapon system defending teh outpost is the drone system. The 'drone waepon system' gives the user, in the chair, precision and accuracy when comes to what shoots and destroys. Now lookin at the way the Ancients philosophy has change over the time, due on part of enlightment - being good and all that..., you'll notice the weapon doesn't just indiscriminately kill whatever is in its way. The nature of the weapon is very controlled. the 'drones' must have delevolped during or following 'Ascension'.

Well just wanted to put that out there...

Comment

One of the best eps ever. When those drones start firing, cutting through the unstoppable enemy fleet and save the day...that's just awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by 5thraceusher View Post
                            the 'drones' must have delevolped during or following 'Ascension'.
                            Well just wanted to put that out there...
                            The drones are simply a "smart" weapon that can distinguish between friend or foe. It's just like something we would develop, like a video camera in a guided missile, only far superior.
                            A laser is just as discriminating, if there is someone controlling what is shoots at.
                            I don't think it's a philosophical thing, more about precision targeting of your enemies without damaging friends. I don't think you need to reach enlightenment to realise hurting friends is bad.

Comment

Oh, now that i think about it, ur right First. Umm... thnx i do see it that way. Makes sense.

Comment

By far one of the best episodes. Anubis's fleet stood no chance against the Ancient Drones. I've got to admit he could scream
                                Wise as an Asgard

Comment

Working...
                                X