Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS EPISODE WAS KICK A$$

Comment

what is this city? Is this city the atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin von Dragschtag
        what is this city? Is this city the atlantis?
        Yes and no.

Yes that's the city they were attempting to find...although they don't realize that Atlantis is the lost city they had been looking for since it was first mentioned (in Full Circle I believe) until this episode when Jack, filled with the knowledge of the Ancients, speaks its name.

The no part comes only from the fact that they don't find Atlantis in this episode although their actions in Lost City is the set up for it. That happens in the series premiere of Stargate: Atlantis.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I cant be certain, its been a while since ive seen the ep. but i think they named a ship in the Nimtz carrier group. i know it was one of the carrier groups.
          Yes, they do. In the episode transcript at Gatenoise it's called the Spruance:

MAYNARD: Mr President, we’ve managed to contact the captain of the Spruance, a destroyer in the Nimitz battle group. (He puts the receiver down so that the captain’s voice comes over the speakerphone.)

CAPTAIN: I repeat, some sort of beam just came out of the sky. There wasn’t any warning, but the entire carrier just went up in one big fireball.

HAYES: Captain, can you see the enemy?

CAPTAIN: Holy! Another cruiser just blew up. Where the hell’s the fire coming from? All ahead, flank ... (The line goes to static. Maynard snatches up the phone and listens, then puts the phone down. He looks at his watch.)
          That sounds a little odd though, so maybe it's been misheard by the transcriber. Or...it could be right. You'd probably have to take a look at that scene and decide for yourself.

Albion
          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

That was a great episode!! I cant wait for season 8 1st disc to come netflix on saturday. Wasn't earth part of the protected planets treaty that the azgard and ghould had? And where were the azgard? I remeber Thor saying earlier that he monitored all hyperspace activity around earth so shouldn't he have showed up to whip ass.

Comment

1. Anubis was so bad-a$$ that he didn't care about the treaty.

2. As for Thor...you'll find out later.

Comment

How come later the drones won't look as nice and as many... OTH he should have saved some, seems they weren't all needed.
                Still great to watch again.

Comment

I've been thinking of this for a short while, what did Anubis honestly think he could achieve from showing up as a hologram in Antartica, that they would just say "Oh dammit, oh well."?

Comment

He was probably just trying to by time or create fear. I believe me was trying to create a window for his troops to get to SG-1

Comment

this is by far the best episode of stargate sg1 ever, period.

Comment

On thinking about it, this is the episode I have watched more times than any other. This episode has everything that makes you sit back at the end and just say 'wow'!

Comment

It is a shame, that i have not seen this ep, actually i have not seen the whole season 7,
                          because MGM or SPHE did not launched this season on Volume DVDs in the Netherlands. :evil:

So now i am waiting, what FOX is doing with the new dvd box of season 7.

Comment

The action sequences were great I really loved this episode is in my favorite episodes from the show....

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                            Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                            http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Id have to agree with you there teal'c2006. This is my all time favorite ep. of stargate. It has everything you could want in an ep., great action, great team interraction, a crisis and a cliffhanger ending making you want more!
                              sigpic
                              By *E*K*R*

Comment

I loved these episodes but I wonder why some things were not explained about the outpost in Antarctica.

1. Why was the ZPM depleted?
                                2. Against whom did the Ancients use that ZPM to power the drones?

Comment

Working...
                                X