Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder why they didn't used F-22's, F-15's and so on... over antarctica
    These planes can't fly in space but they sure can beat the crap out of those death gliders. They should have used them, then we would have superior numbers
    Just a thought

Really works, pm me with questions

Comment

Originally posted by Vimy
      I wonder why they didn't used F-22's, F-15's and so on... over antarctica
      These planes can't fly in space but they sure can beat the crap out of those death gliders. They should have used them, then we would have superior numbers
      Just a thought
      Probably because we didn't find out about the outpost in Antarctica until right before the battle. Remember that regular fighter planes take hours to get to Antarctica. McMerdo (I think that's how you spell it) is more of a research base then a military base and the nearest Air Force Base is several hours flying time from where the outpost is.

Hope that answer's your question.

timdalton007

Comment

Just Curious. . .

Did anyone else think that the beam weapon sound effect of the battleship in the Nimitz battlegroup being destroyed (heard on the phone by the president) sounded like the beam weapons from Mars Attacks and War of the Worlds. This has caught my attention every time I watch this episode. Maybe these are not the movies that the sound comes from. I just cannot seem to put my finger on where I have heard that exact sound effect before.

I know it is not the sound effect from the new WotWs squidies because I just checked (close but not quite). At the same time I cannot figure out what it is.

Help. I need a life. Actually I need to study for my income tax mid-term tommorow morning. This sucks, Friday night and I can't go out with my fiance because of an 8AM exam tommorow.

Let me know when you have a chance to listen to it.

Comment

I have sat back and watched the debate over the "failure" of earth ships design. The prometheous was about 1/10th the size of a gouald Ha'tak yet they were able to single handedly take on massive fire from a fleet of Al'keshs and Gliders. It was a part where one of the bridge members say the shields are failing so Hammond tells the guy to set a course for Anubis's mothership. The prometheous's shield takes direct hits from Anubis's mothership which is like 10 times the size of Ha'taks and then after all that the shield fails completely. Those posters that said the earth ships have been a success is right if you ask me. Our Earth ships are tiny compared to advanced races ships but we can take multiple hits even when we are outnumbered and keep on ticking. I think the fact that our ships are almost always outnumbered at least 3 to 1 in battles make it seem like out ships shields are weak but in fact they are great.

Another thing I noticed in the episode is that O'Neill used a naqueda generator to power that energy beam used to melt the ice so I would have hoped Sam would've took special note of that and found a way to use like 4 or 5 naqueda generators to power energy cannons on our Earth ships. That darn energy beam penetrated a mile of ice. That would be so cool to have weapons like that.

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
            I have sat back and watched the debate over the "failure" of earth ships design. The prometheous was about 1/10th the size of a gouald Ha'tak yet they were able to single handedly take on massive fire from a fleet of Al'keshs and Gliders. It was a part where one of the bridge members say the shields are failing so Hammond tells the guy to set a course for Anubis's mothership. The prometheous's shield takes direct hits from Anubis's mothership which is like 10 times the size of Ha'taks and then after all that the shield fails completely. Those posters that said the earth ships have been a success is right if you ask me. Our Earth ships are tiny compared to advanced races ships but we can take multiple hits even when we are outnumbered and keep on ticking. I think the fact that our ships are almost always outnumbered at least 3 to 1 in battles make it seem like out ships shields are weak but in fact they are great.
            Indeed - you can't doubt the strength of the shields ... mainly becase they're Asgard. People say the Prommie was a failure however because it's weapons are useless. So whilst it can take multiple hits, it can't actually do much damage to opposing ships.
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint

Another thing I noticed in the episode is that O'Neill used a naqueda generator to power that energy beam used to melt the ice so I would have hoped Sam would've took special note of that and found a way to use like 4 or 5 naqueda generators to power energy cannons on our Earth ships. That darn energy beam penetrated a mile of ice. That would be so cool to have weapons like that.
              I also always wondered why Sam didn't take notes, and also that device Jack made when in The Fifth Race he went to the IDA galaxy, the device for extra power, that was kinda like a ZPM (maybe a bit less powerfull) but enough power to boost it up, why hasn't Sam examened that either!?

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                Indeed - you can't doubt the strength of the shields ... mainly becase they're Asgard. People say the Prommie was a failure however because it's weapons are useless. So whilst it can take multiple hits, it can't actually do much damage to opposing ships.
                And because...

Spoiler:
                Prometheus couldn't take a single shot from the Ori-designed satellite weapon the Rand Protectorate built in the season nine episode "Ethon." The end result was the destruction of Earth's first mothership.

Comment

Cos she gave it away to the alternate dimension! Plus, i wouldn't let people hear you say it's a ZPM... they get a bit testie.
                  Last edited by Anubis69; 15 March 2006, 03:30 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl
                    I also always wondered why Sam didn't take notes, and also that device Jack made when in The Fifth Race he went to the IDA galaxy, the device for extra power, that was kinda like a ZPM (maybe a bit less powerfull) but enough power to boost it up, why hasn't Sam examened that either!?
                    Who said she hasn't?
                    WELL SPANK ME ROSY!

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                      And because...

Spoiler:
                      Prometheus couldn't take a single shot from the Ori-designed satellite weapon the Rand Protectorate built in the season nine episode "Ethon." The end result was the destruction of Earth's first mothership.
                      Well the Wraith couldn't take a single hit either. Heck there are alot of ships that couldn't take that hit so thats not exactly a strong point.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                        And because...

Spoiler:
                        Hello?

I think you already explained it...

Spoiler:
                        Ori-designed sateliite weapon. Knowing that it was probably "powered up" by a Prior. So the Earth ship is STILL powerful... I think even a Ha'Tak would have gone BOOM from a few hits of that satellite.

Comment

of course it is one of the best episode for me, may be THE best... there is all that make stargate: little of humour, discovering, action, space battle...
                          a must!
                          Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

I'll keep it short; This is the Best Stargate Episode of all time!!
                            Not only that, but the best aliens-attack-Earth scenario ever!!
                            The battle over Antarctica is just timeless!!

Long live STARGATE SG-1!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Pardon me if this has been answered before, but did they ever name any of the naval ships in this ep? I could have sworn they named at least one of them...

Comment

I cant be certain, its been a while since ive seen the ep. but i think they named a ship in the Nimtz carrier group. i know it was one of the carrier groups.

And ill have to agree with Falcon_06, this was the BEST stargate ep. ever!!!
                                sigpic
                                By *E*K*R*

Comment

Working...
                                X