Lost City, Part 1 (721)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timdalton007
    It comes just after Teal'c and Bra'tac leave the SGC. As for why it's on the DVD as a single episode my guess is it was in honor to those who were disapointed by it not being the movie. So they edited it together into a film as too at least give the fans an idea of what it would have been like as a film.

timdalton007
    Actually, I think two-parters are always on the DVD as a single episode. I could be wrong of course, but I don't think Lost City is the only time this has happened.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
      Actually, I think two-parters are always on the DVD as a single episode. I could be wrong of course, but I don't think Lost City is the only time this has happened.
      Only LOST CITY is edited together (the other exception might be CHILDREN OF THE GODS but I don't have it on DVD so soembody will have to check on that.)

Anyway, does anyone else rank this two part epsidoe as the best episode of the series?

Comment

Second best. Absolute best is Reckoning to Threads.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Ooh, that's difficult. For reasons of my own, I'd vote for it. I also love "Children of the Gods", and "Exodus/Enemies".
          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
            Actually, i have the Season 7 DVD'd and if you pause it at the right moment, according to the commentators of the episode, and can get a good veiw of the crossword, its actually a Stargate crossword with all stargate terms and names on it.
            I was wondering about that. What newspaper crossword would ask for both the atomic weight of boron (which is closer to 11 than 10 for that matter), and the name of quark flavors (up, down, charmed, strange, top, bottom)?

I don't have a dvd. Would it be a violation of copyright to put up a screenshot somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
              That may be true, but "The Lost City" was intended to be shown all together. The Sci Fi channel decided to air it in two parts.
              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

love the idea of the croos word and daniel and jack where written very well
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ok I just saw this ep for the first time (don't worry I love spoilers)
                  & I sssooooooooooo wanna strap Kinsey to a Naquada enhanced nuclear warhead and fire him into outer space, lol *mimes strangling motion* gosh he was annoying, that actor is good
                  "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                  "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                  Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

If there were no sound effects in the scene where O'Neill heals Bra'tac, it would just be silence and Bra'tac suddenly saying "The pain.....is fading!" For some reason, I think it's funny. And why did Teal'c say "O'Neill possesses the healing power of the Ancients." It doesn't sound like him, sounds more like a "Daniel" line to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                      love the idea of the croos word and daniel and jack where written very well
                      thats one of my fav scenes. i thought it was great, and the part when he gives the crossword to carter. i loved lost city 1 and 2.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

My favorite scene was the Death Glider and Alkesh attack scene!

EXPLOSIVE!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
                          That may be true, but "The Lost City" was intended to be shown all together. The Sci Fi channel decided to air it in two parts.
                          Ok here's a stupid question. Since it was split up on air, I see why they had it as a movie on DVD but then ehy is Fallen/Homecomming spliet up when it was aired as one ep?
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06 View Post
                            My favorite scene was the Death Glider and Alkesh attack scene!

EXPLOSIVE!
                            Me too but I just love the scene of Anubis being owned!
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Mods: if this is the wrong place, sorry.

Does anyone know what the team is talking about in 721 at Jack's house? They are making a comparison about something and the Gouald. Its always bother me on what it was. I think it was a cartoon of some sort.

BWT, I know there are alot of inside jokes within the crew, such as Skyler and the giant wrench. In 200, I know there are alot of references they make. (being cloaked) Anyone wanna point out more of them?

Comment

Mr. Burns from the simpsons if i remember correctly
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X