No announcement yet.

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One emotional episode. It says soemthing for how good a Tv show is when you can still get tension from an episode two seasons old and still feel the tension. I saw this for the first time yesterday and I completly forgot this was the episode where Janet dies. I spent much of the episode trying to foigure out who had died and for a while I thought maybe O'Neill had been the one (that speaks for how powerful the episode is). But the entire last two acts is enough to bring one to tears. Janet was oe of those characters that while we might not have seen very much oif her (she really wasn't that developed of a character if you think about it) her loss was enough to bring one to near tears. Hats off to Robert C. Cooper for one of the all-time best SG-1 episodes.

timdalton007

Comment

This was a very emotional episode for me. The death of Janet was very sad.
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

This is one of the best Stargate episodes I have ever seen. It's a huge mess at the SGC and honestly, I can't blame Hammond for what happend. Jack getting shot was his own fault. And somebody should have guarded Janet n Danny while they were helping Wells. They were wide open for attack.

But I'm glad Jack's okay. He's the king of the Stargate world, after all!
        sigpic
        Past | LJ | Last.FM | IG

Comment

I cried on this episode, Daniel and Sam upset, thought Jack was dead, which was really bad, but then I got caught off guard and found out Janet died, that really, really sucked...

Comment

Poor Frasier, she got nailed good. Really liked the part where Jack got hit with how the scene went slow-mo and all of SG-1 turned their attention to him despite what was going on. Maybe not what they were supposed to do, but anyone in their position would have done the same after being together for seven years like that.

Though I think Amanda Tapping should get the nod for best acting this episode for her scene when she goes in to see Jack and says "I'm just really glad you're okay..." If she had lost Jack I think she would have lost it seeing as how upset she was over Frasier's death.

The whole tape thing was a nice touch. The director got a hell of a tape though, don't think he was quite expecting what he saw.

Though I think the death of Frasier came out of nowhere and maybe wasn't really necessary, it provided for a damn good episode. This episode was one of those quieting ones, where the last half anyone watching in a group who follows SG probably isn't going to say anything to break the silence. This one definitely has some replay value.

R.I.P. Janet Frasier.
            "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

one of the finest episode ideas in stargate so far, a rather unexpected two part, but the emotion was great, i still think that season 7 was the best, but other seasons do come close i just have a soft spot for 7
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I'd like to thank the writers and the actors for this wonderful episode.

They gave such 'Honor' to our men and women who serve in all the branches of the military for our country and to keep us free!

Comment

Yup a great episode ( probably one of the best ever )... But I'm still missing Janet's character two years after... Thanks for her short appearence in season 9...
                  Save Earth it's the only planet with Chocolate

Dance as though no one is watching you, love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth. - Souza

Comment

Originally posted by dorien
                    As SG-1's resident linguist/archeologist, Daniel wasn't needed on the rescue mission. As a seasoned veteran of offworld combat situations, he was needed. But he didn't act in that capacity. While he should have had his eyes up and scanning the area for threats, he was busy playing medic and filming.

So...was he responsible for Dr Frasier's death?
                    what makes you think daniel was responsible for dr fraiser's death of all the stupid things you could have said that was the stupidest if that's even a word.

Comment

I hated this episode. (That's "hated" in an I-love-to-hate way, not a I-don't-like-this-episode way.)

The only episode of Stargate ever to make me cry. For real.

Even thinking about the end makes me feel sad. The part where they explain the Baby's name gets me every time.

Maybe I'm just too emotional... still, I would want to get this episode on DVD so I can watch it whenever I'm in the mood for a weepy.
                      What's spongey, topped in chocolate with an orange jelly centre and serves the Goa'uld?

A Jaffa cake!

Comment

The only critisim of this AMAZING episode, is that daniels line it was the Jaffas fault that fraisure died, when actualy he was just a soider following orders, It was the Goa'uld who sent him there's fault!
                        But it was a really good 2 parter, very real and emotional!
                        Also loved the big ground battle, shame about the casualties.
                        Last edited by BC - 303; 30 April 2006, 02:48 PM.
                        Hola

Hello

Comment

I think we all know it wasn't daniels fault.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                            I think we all know it wasn't daniels fault.
                            That's true. If he hadn't taken his camcorder then nothing bad would have happened as he wouldn't have had any reason to need/use it.
                            What's spongey, topped in chocolate with an orange jelly centre and serves the Goa'uld?

A Jaffa cake!

Comment

Wait you just contridicted what I said, yet you agreed with me im confused.
                              sigpic

Comment

One quote I must say.
                                "There should be cake."

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Working...
                                X