Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like it needed more sadness.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
      I really thought Cassie should have made an appearance.
      Yeah me too, I guess the actress wasn't available or something.

Originally posted by jack and sam 4eva 2getha
      same here! it would've been even sadder imo
      Yes, goodness, the episode would have been even worse to watch, it was upsetting enough already! But to have Janet's daughter there... Oh, I'd have been way gone
      Uncontrolled Destiny
      My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

COOL battle scene always love that when i watch it
        "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
          I really thought Cassie should have made an appearance.
          Agree
          Really sad but good ep. Nice battle seens and explosions but they killed Janet I cryed. That was the worst part of that ep. everything else was pretty good

Comment

I've watched the episode when it aired and now on dvd and I cry every time.

Comment

Just a reminder for US fans -- Stargate SG-1's "Heroes - Part Two" premieres in Syndication this weekend (April 23/24th). Check your local listings for channel, date and time.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
              http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
              http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
              http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I watched Heroes 2 last night (Sat. @ 11pm), and it never fails. Everytime I watch this episode, I lose it everytime. This has to be the saddest episode. I watched this ep so many times, and yet it still makes me cry. I just miss Janet Fraiser so much.

The scenes that I cried at the most.....
                • seeing Janet get shot on the tape and hearing that she didn't make it
                • the scene with Sam trying to write a eulogy for Janet and Teal'c comforting her
                • seeing Daniel sit in the dark ICU crying and talking about Janet and how she wouldn't give up on him
                • the moment when Taps was played and throughout the whole memorial scene.
                sigpic
                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Well, I saw Heroes 2 for the first time yesterday (I'm relatively new to SG-1) and I went through a box of Puffs before it ended. Thanks to spoilers, I knew what was coming----if I hadn't known, it would've been much worse....What an emotionally wrenching episode! (I'm glad my husband wasn't around while I was watching it! He likes SG-1 but I don't think he would have understood my grief-stricken sobs throughout most of the show.....)

I still don't understand why TPTB felt it necessary to have Janet die----she was such a solid addition to SG-1; Teryl Rothery did an amazing job every time she showed up on the screen. Why let go of an actor of that quality?

I don't think I'll be able to watch this episode again for a long while.......(although, once again, I was dazzled by both Tapping's and Shanks' performances!)

Comment

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
                    I still don't understand why TPTB felt it necessary to have Janet die----she was such a solid addition to SG-1; Teryl Rothery did an amazing job every time she showed up on the screen. Why let go of an actor of that quality?
                    Because she was such a great character. What would create a larger response from fans: killing a beloved character or killing an extra (a red shirt, if you will )

I still cry every time I see this episode, especially during the eulogy. I hear taps, whether it's on TV or in real life and I lose it every time. I still believe that the eulogy Sam gives at the end is perfect in its simplicity.
                    It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor
                    --Sandman "The Kindly Ones"

"Security clearance?"

Comment

Yes, agreed----the eulogy was perfect in every way!

Comment

I've just finished watching this episode on HBO channel here in Poland. Good ep. And I'm gonna miss Janet very much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheScorpionsSting
                          That guy who was crying like a little baby that Daniel was video tapping killed Dr.Frasier. If it wasn't for his winning like a little B**** she wouldn't be dead because Daniel would have been on the lookout
                          I don't see how you can blame that guy, he felt he was going to die, and would never see his wife or unborn child. When you're in that situation you get very emotional, and that added to the pain he must have been experiencing I'm not surprised he was reduced to tears.

Anyway, I thought this was a great episode, it dealt with a lot of issues like how valid "reality" tv actually is and what pictures of what happens actually represent. I thought the scene where the tape was replayed and Janet was seen dying was very painful, even though I had been spoiled beforehand. Her memorial was perfect and I thought the episode was very clever indeed.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

All i can say is well done to all the actors, beautifully acted by all.

I cant believe Janets gone!!!!!

No how can it be

Comment

This must be one of the most moving Stargate episodes ever.. it really cuts into the heart and guts of the programme. It shamelessly pushes all the right emotional buttons but the reality is, these people live in constant danger and any day could be their last. After seven years, we expect the team to go into a new place, explore it, make friends or enemies and come out of it alive. But not everyone comes out of it in one piece and that has to be acknowledged.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I can't wait until they play this one again. This is most definitely one of the highest points in the series.
                                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X