No announcement yet.

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched again today. First time ive actually thought it was a great episode, but honestly its not to do with janets death, but rather the discussions about the responsibility of the press, and the secretive nature of the stargate. I also think that woolseys scene with hammond is excellent.

In fact i think don s davis did his best stargate work in this episode. He is suberb throughout.
    Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
    Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

I agree with you about Don...he was magnificent...

And the scenes between Bregman and Daniel are so very deep and touching and wonderfully acted by both actors..

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

It was the first time I watched this episode yesterday and I was stunned by it. This is so much more serious then SG1 use to be. A great script with the sillyness of episode 1 which completely turns in ep 2. It is an episode about the ordinary day of the SGC and at the same time it is unique. And not to mention how sad it is. Someone above complained that Fraiser wasnt in the episode much and that lessened the dramatic impact, which sound silly to my ears. And watching the two episodes back to back indeed give us plenty of Fraiser moments showing us that she is perhaps small in stature but she has a big heart. Very sad episode.
        I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
        -Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City part 1.

Comment

This has to be in my opinion one of the most touching Stargate eps ever done.

I was so emotional throughout the ep. One minute I would be sad with teary eyes. The next minute I would be feeling proud and happy.

It sucks that they had to kill off Janet.
          sigpic

Comment

A complete waste of a talented actress and a simply wonderful character...I am still angry now....

Deeds xx
            sigpic

Comment

It seems the shows producers or writers must really hate doctors.
              sigpic

Comment

Thank goodness my favourite doctor seems to have the knack of not staying dead!..

But yeah, Janet was a waste....her death was well handled in places and got some great scenes from it (one mentioned by me already in another post)...but I'm afraid for me, she was one of the best supporting characters in the whole series and I miss her terribly....

Deeds xx
                sigpic

Comment

Comment

Tuesday night...another ep of SG1...

1. I suppose Jack getting gunned down was effective for the casual viewer but boy did it look corny from a fan's perspective.

2. And again...Bergman is being a bleep! When he tried to compare the SGC to a police state he seemed to be making a mountain out of a molehill back in 03/04 and he sounds like a tabloid journo at the Leveson enquiry in 2012!

3. Having said that...we then get introduced to Richard Woolsey...and it's pretty obvious why Bergman is then considered the lesser of two evils.

4. And then you get the big reveal...and I remember a con that Teryl was at not long before the ep aired when someone asked her about Janet's death, and those that weren't involved in online fandom's jaws hit the floor! Looking back...what Teal'c came up with was pretty cool.

5. Didn't actually hear about Don trying to persude TPTB to kill off Hammond rather than Janet...problem is, with the greatest of respect to his memory, I'm not sure how Hammond could have been killed off in those circumstances.

Good ep.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Despite the absolutely sad end to Frasier, I loved this episode. The actors really did a tremendous job in portraying their grief, and Bregman was great as the journalist. I don't think I have ever cried as much when watching an SG-1 episode as I have while watching this one. I loved Frasier, she was my favorite supporting actress on this show.

Several scenes stood out to me:

The one where Bregman loses it, when he tells everyone that locking the press into a corner only creates lies and innuendo. (Paraphrasing here because I cannot remember word for word what he said) I thought that painted an exact picture of what the press can be like when they are denied access.

When Carter is in her lab crying her eyes out as Teal'c walks in. They came off as genuine tears, someone greiving deeply for their friend.

The scene where Janet is shot by the Jaffa took me by surprise because the first time I saw it, it took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting that. But I thought the scenes of Janet treating Wells, showed exactly what she was about. Someone who cared and did whatever it took to save lives. She was just so much more than a doctor. Hard to describe.

Good episode, I give it a 9/10 only because I thought the scene between Carter and Jack when she tells him shes glad hes okay seemed a little forced. Other wise it would have been a 10 for me.

Comment

The first time I saw this episode, I was stunned.

Still makes me teary.
                        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Great Episode.

It's amazing how one death brought the film crew and the SGC together. It was cool how they made us think it was Jack who died, and then revealed he was fine right after we found out Janet was the one who died.

Just like in the first part, Walter with the film crew was just amazing.

Monday, probably a boring episode as we march towards the end of Season 7 and the Lost City. Also the commentary for Monday's episode is one I've tried to listen to many times, but shut it off early on.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well written + well paced + well acted = One hell of an episode!

This is I guess the 'gritty' Stargate episode that stands out from all the rest until SGU for me. This is the reality of tragedy, it is a sad fact that you lose those that you get close to in the line of work of the military and you really feel the raw pain of loss with the characters. I'm glad Stargate did an episode like this. Everything came together so well showing tragedy, anger and anguish with trying to place the blame coming in the form of Wolsey thrown into the whole emotional mix. Everyone thrown off balance as a result of that moment Janet was felled by that staff blast. Not knowing if it was Jack was a great way of showing the confusion of the whole tragic event.

All eventually expressed on film as Bregman had wanted all along, truthful in every way.

Comment

Part I was okay. Part II is just awesome. What gets to me is the kind side of Bregmann in this episode. Its obvious that someone important is dead and I like seeing his compassion after seeing what a great loss the SGC experenced in this episode. I came across this judgement that Bregman was a terrible person in the first part but he grows on you in this episode seeing his sympathy on seeing Frasier die. Woosley comes off as another Kinsey in this episode. Further episodes down the line separate him but his jerk nature of an investigation about this mission comes very Kinsey like. Obviously the sad part is the Frasier funeral. It was different but sad none the less
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

My LiveJournal post

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X