No announcement yet.

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new season 7 vol. 5 disc arrived last night and I watched the end of Heroes Part 2. It was well-worth purchasing this single disc to make sure I had this in the collection. A wonderful two-parter. I was in tears at the end.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Going into this episode I knew Janet was going to die, but it's the first TV show I ever cried in - even though I knew what would happen I was bawling at the end. Janet was just such an awesome character - and she did go out in style .

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

So true. I had more or less figured out that Jack being shot was a red herring before the episode began, and that it was Janet who was the likely 'real' death - but even so, it was still a shock when it happened. Probably thanks to the brilliant way that it was revealed to us through the grainy images of a camcorder in the heat of battle.

The memorial service at the end was also magnificently done. There were no words that could have sensibly conveyed how big a hole had been blown in the lives of everyone at the SGC by Janet's loss - not without sounding trite and recycled. What better way to commemorate her life than by listing the names of everyone who was alive that day because of her determination and dedication? That's one heck of a tribute. If I recall, wasn't it Teal'c's idea to do that? Clever chap, that Teal'c fellow.

Sheesh, I needed tissues at the end of this episode - and lots of them.
        sigpic

Comment

This was such sad episode and was very well done....... I cried when she died..... And the service was very well done to..........

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
          Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
          http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

The scene where jack got hit was pretty cool, with him falling o the ground and that ship in the sky. I knew he wasn't going to die, though. I'm not sure if that's good thing. The only thing that kinda bothered me about the episode was that they didn't actually show the interview with Jack. Cause I would've liked to hear what he'd say. No tears from me, but this was a great episode.

Oh yeah, in the short video the reporter (can't remember his name) made.. The American flag was a little too.. American, for my taste. Yeah, I'm biased..
            "I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." - Jaim Lannister, a Song of Ice and Fire.

Comment

Still makes me cry, this one. Impact is lessened slightly when you've seen it before, but Heroes I and II are so well-crafted as episodes, nicely paced, full of action, character insights, Wolsey as bad guy. Great stuff.
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Was there a behind the scenes reason why they killed off Fraser? Seems like a dumb idea to kill off a seasoned character.

Comment

Originally posted by Slade 155 View Post
                  The scene where jack got hit was pretty cool, with him falling o the ground and that ship in the sky. I knew he wasn't going to die, though. I'm not sure if that's good thing. The only thing that kinda bothered me about the episode was that they didn't actually show the interview with Jack. Cause I would've liked to hear what he'd say. No tears from me, but this was a great episode.

Oh yeah, in the short video the reporter (can't remember his name) made.. The American flag was a little too.. American, for my taste. Yeah, I'm biased..
                  I'd have loved to see that Jack interview.

As for the flag, well... the Stargate program at that time was American. Seems appropriate enough. Now Atlantis, that's better. An international expedition would have room for plenty of other good characters.
                  Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                  http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

when i first watched this episode i thought jack had died. i am watching the repeat now on sky one- this ep is so sad. i couldnt stop crying near the end
                    Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                    sigpic
                    sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by dorien View Post
                      As SG-1's resident linguist/archeologist, Daniel wasn't needed on the rescue mission. As a seasoned veteran of offworld combat situations, he was needed. But he didn't act in that capacity. While he should have had his eyes up and scanning the area for threats, he was busy playing medic and filming.

So...was he responsible for Dr Frasier's death?
                      Actually, that is an interesting point. And i would also like to know why Dr frasier was off world. Never have we seen her go of world before..

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                      I saw it, and it brought tears to my eyes. I don't know which was sadder. That tape footage of Janet getting shot, and the sound of Daniel crying was just devestating. That's what started it for me. After that, there was just almost no end to my weeping. When Sam was crying in her lab preparing the eulogy for Janet, I was crying too. I thought it was touching when Teal'c came into the Sam's lab to help her with the eulogy. That was such nice moment. Then, I felt so bad for Daniel when he was in the ICU, and it looked like he was crying. Then, he started talking about how he died/ascended in that room, and Janet wouldn't leave his side. That made me tear up too.
                      Agreed. I was almost to tears with that too... And teal'cs jesture of helping out with the Euology was outstanding... especially since to my knowledge he has not done something like that before.

Oh.....and then the memorial service.....that's when flood gates opened, and I was just teary mess. The memorial service was just so beautifully done. Sam gave a very nice eulogy which I'm sure was partly from Teal'c. Then, that documentary that Bregman put together was done very well, and was really impressed.
                      Yes it was. And i cannot help but like hammond more, for his "i am man enough to admit when i am wrong" comment to Bregman..

Also, I can't help but think that this episode is sort of like a tribute to all those real people who serve in the armed forces (of any nation) whom have made great sacrifices to fight for what is right.
                      I felt that way too, when i saw the end.

Originally posted by Boobala View Post
                      2. When Danny visits the baby Janet
                      When that soldier did that i thought it was priceless, honoring someone like janet, by naming the kid..

Comment

Also, I can't help but think that this episode is sort of like a tribute to all those real people who serve in the armed forces (of any nation) whom have made great sacrifices to fight for what is right.
                        Yes, I got that feeling too. Particularly at the end when we see part of Bregman's tape with Carter.

Originally posted by Liebestraume View Post
                        Not only did it provide some "character moment" for Daniel, the recorded video footage also led to Bregman telling his story, which gave some insight to the character's motivation. In the end, this plot-device served the overall story line very well.
                        I loved that story Bregman told. I thought it was quite powerful and it was from that moment on I came to respect and like his character and I understood what he was trying to do, whereas before that I found him quite annoying.

Originally posted by Verthandi View Post
                        I still cry every time I see this episode, especially during the eulogy. I still believe that the eulogy Sam gives at the end is perfect in its simplicity.
                        I cried so much in this episode, when we find out it was Janet, when Sam is glad Jack is ok and they hug, when she can't write the speech, when Daniel is upset and, of course, the memorial service. And yes, it was 'perfect in its simplicity.'

Originally posted by zats View Post
                        And point of interest, I cried more during this ep than the end of Return of the King.
                        Wow. I know how much I cry at the end of ROTK, so you must have cried a lot!

Originally posted by BigGator5 View Post
                        When that dude says the baby girl's name is Janet, I just break down.[/color]
                        I also cried here. It is just so beautiful that the soldier names his daughter after Janet as a tribute to her risking her life to save his.

Even though this was a really emotional ep, I thought it was really clever the way they make the audience think it is Jack, and also the way it is revealed that it was actually Janet, is also great. Awesome two parter, even though the first is funny and the second part sad. I'll miss Janet.
                        "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                        S/J all the way!
                        Big Honkin' Resolution!
                        sigpic
                        John/Teyla Shipper!
                        SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

I'll miss Janet too... Sad but beautiful episode! Makes us wonders, I guess, how hard it'd be to have such a job. How hard and precious.

Uuh... Sweet huging scene though! ;D Dunno, it seemed to me that even if Sam and Jack don't ever get together, there's this beautiful friendship they'll always share. It's a nice thought, specially for shippers. They hardly have the time to show some emotional moments...
                          sigpic

Comment

I have the impression that Jack kissed Sam's neck at the hugging scene...

(just a thought)
                            sigpic

Comment

I was mad when I got the DK Official Guide to Stargate SG-1, because although Janet Frasier has her own page in the SG members section, the Season 7 section did not have mention of this episode. I was dissapointed. Although to be fair thatr book was pretty skimpy on many areas. But I felt that her character deserved more recognition than that. But thats just me, this was my favourite episode so far.
                              "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Comment

i think it was one of the best episode i have seen yet. well im not finished with the seasons, but i liked fraiser a lot although she was not a regular cast. Well, I dont know yet who will replace her, but like SG1 no one is good as fraiser. that was the same problem with Jonas. I liked Jonas but he was like a copie of Daniel Jackson therefore i did not like season 6 so much. but anyway both of them did a good job.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X