No announcement yet.

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know when you get the results I am really interested to see if it is any good the second time around. There just must have been a specific shipment that had faulty disc's I wonder if MGM knows about this.

Perhaps I should call customer service.
    sigpic

Comment

This episode appears to pay tribute to our armed forces.
      THIS is SG-1 at its absolute best! You will never
      find a episode better than "Heroes Part 2".
      sigpic

Comment

I love the message that this episode has but its so sad that we had to lose Janet. She was my favourite Stargate character. She was like a little ray of sunshine hehe. I haven't really watched since she died. Its just not the same.

Comment

i miss janet, she was a really good character

sig by starlover1990

Comment

This has always bugged me about this episode so im hoping someone will clear it up a bit for me:

How come Janet died immediately after being hit with the blast? We've seen tons of people in the past live and even survive after taking a direct hit from one.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

How come Janet died immediately after being hit with the blast? We've seen tons of people in the past live and even survive after taking a direct hit from one.
              A lot of people get hit directly with a bullet and survive. Others take a direct hit and die. I can't imagine it's any different with a staff blast. Just because others survived in the past doesn't mean everyone hit with a staff blast ever will also survive. Depends on the circumstances, where she was hit....

Albion
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Teryl wants to come back and seriously, the show just hasn't been the same without her...so I say let her come back!
                I agree! I like Fraiser a lot more than Lam! But if she does come back, I don't think she'd play the same character. :/

It was nice to see her back in Ripple Effect in season 9 though. Loved her hairdo. ^^;

Incidentally, there was no foreshadowing to her death, was there? (Like maybe something she may have said to the reporter guy.) It was just so sudden. ._.
                :3!

Comment

Actually, I thought her talking to the reporter about personal things like that was a bit foreshadowish, but then again I watched Heroes for the first time a couple months ago, so...myeh.
                  But on the whole, I think it was difficult to figure out, especially with the O'neill red herring, who had died. Well done.
                  But I do so wish they would bring her back. Sigh. It's just not the same without her, as so many have said.

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

I came about as close to crying in this episode as i have in any tv show or movie. (i never actually have ever.. but sometimes i can come close!)

Janet was easily one of my favorite chars,

Comment

Originally posted by kharaa
                      Janet was easily one of my favorite chars,
                      Ditto. She was a good part of the team, but at least she went out in style. This is my equal favourite SG ep
                      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
                        Ditto. She was a good part of the team, but at least she went out in style. This is my equal favourite SG ep
                        I watched this last night and it totally blew me away! It is definitely my favorite episode! And I loved the way that actress played Weir's character - they should have kept her!

Comment

Originally posted by pattirose
                          I watched this last night and it totally blew me away! It is definitely my favorite episode! And I loved the way that actress played Weir's character - they should have kept her!
                          Weir? Are you talking about Heroes or Lost City here?
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                            Weir? Are you talking about Heroes or Lost City here?
                            Sorry, rereading this I just confused myself. I was reading both threads and I guess I posted in the wrong one. I was talking about Lost City.

Comment

This episode appears to pay tribute to
                              all of our armed forces. This episode actually made
                              me cry because of its astonishing relevance to real
                              military life: The fact that young men and women,
                              like you and I, are fighting, and even dying, in the
                              name of freedom. Yet, we must always bear in mind
                              that the previous generations had to give their lives for
                              the freedom that we enjoy today. Once in a while, we
                              must take a moment to remember the sacrifices
                              that have been made to honor them and their accomplishments.

May they never be forgotten.
                              sigpic

Comment

AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!! I've been watching Stargate pretty much non-stop for the last few weeks and I just got to this episode. (I bought seasons 1-8 in a box set recently.) I'm about 30 minutes into the episode and THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE DISC!!! The image is pixelized or something and it looks like the rest of the episode looks like this. The sound is a little off, too, but I got the basic gist. I just read the transcript of the episode, so I could find out what I missed. I think I'm going to cry.

Looks like none of the extras are accessible - Director's Series: Lost City or Beyond the Gate: Amanda Tapping - something I was *so* looking forward to!

It's really late and I shouldn't stay up to watch yet another episode, but part of me is just itching to find out if all the episodes on this disc are messed up or if that was it.

Last edited by meredithchandler73; 23 October 2006, 09:44 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Working...
                                X