Death Knell (716)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pretty good ep. One I enjoyed anyway.

It's always good to see the super soldiers. And now we have a weapon to fight them with. Sam sure showed us the survivor that she is.

That Delek from the Tok'ra sure was an ass.
    sigpic

Comment

Tuesday night...another up of SG1 ep...

1. Cool opening scene between Sam and Jacob...and then the Kull warrior shows up.

2. In fact this is probably the best Kull Warrior ep, full stop.

3. The Tok'ra High Council are morons.

4. Great Hammond ep.

5. The Alliance seemed to fall to pieces all of a sudden though.

Still, best up for a while!
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

really enjoyed this episode alot. its definitely up there on my top ten. it was definitely suitably titled. Death Knell or the death of the alliance between the tok'ra, the jaffa, and the tau'ri (US). and we get to see the first use of the Kull Weapon Distruptor. Now that was pretty cool.

Comment

Good episode.

We now have a weapon against the Kull Warriors, but at the (partial) cost of our alliance with the Free Jaffa and the Tok'ra.

We won't be seeing Jacob until Reckoning Part 1 (next season)...*checks ep guide*... Yep Reckoning.

Tomorrow, episode 149 and the Heroes of the SGC.
          sigpic

Comment

A dramatic end to the alliance, blown up literally!

Loved how Jack & Co had the foresight to take a ladder with them to climb out of the hole the forming wormhole made!

Sam was great in this, calmly using her survival skills to avoid detection by the Supersoldier. It's a good thing it didn't have thermal imaging built in, made the hunt a little more interesting in that the Supersoldier didn't find her that easily!

Always a great re-watch episode.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Loved this episode. Amanda did a great job as someone who was running for their life. The scene where she is leaning against the tree as the super soldier approaches threw me as I thought she was gonna bite the dust until you see the person the super soldier is approaching is someone else.

At the end after she fires the rocket, and that soldier gets back up, you can see Sam visibly give up and that was haunting to think she had decided to resign herself to her fate. Then Teal'c and O'Neill show up! Loved the ending where Jack just puts his arm around her and then the camera pulls away.

Comment

This a pretty good episode. It showcases the military resourcessfulness Sam has while trying to outrun a super soilder. I never really saw her the greatest in that capacity. It always seemed more of Jack's thing to have a military mind. But still it was interesting to see her fight like that. A big compliant is how easy we got a technology to fight off the super soliders. It happened too soon and too fast. The Jaffa and Tok'ra fighting is nothing new and I am glad that it was followed up on. Kind of sad to see everyone going thier separate but that happening was obvious. I am also disappointed we never truly found out where the leak was from
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Where did the MALP disappear to when SG-1 gated in to the alpha site? It was in the foxhole just moments before...

Comment

The kawoosh got it.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        The kawoosh got it.

Seaboe
                        Ahh. Makes sense.

Comment

This ep was creepy, and Amanda did a great job...

Comment

Didn't really like this one. The warrior with his super bad aim against targets a few feet away but able to shoot down flying drones ruin it for me. If you don't want the main characters to get hit then don't put them in these situations. The show is starting to get boring knowing there is no real danger. Might be one of the reasons I stopped watching the show the first time.

Breaking up the alliance was kind of dumb. Everyone had some valid concerns but there was nothing that couldn't be worked out. Tokra can't replenish there numbers so we keep them off of the front lines and use them mainly for science and tech support. Jaffa feel like they aren't free give them a base, home, world to do whatever they want. When it is time to fight send some guys over and rock and roll. Their problems were so small in the face of pending doom.

Horrible writing, horrible plot, horrible warrior. This is second episode so far where I didn't like anything about the episode.

Comment

This episode is Carter whump galore, and we get the family discount too. Kick-ass Carter trying to blow Kull warrior (Dan Payne rocks it good!) to kingdom come, and it almost works. That scene where he rises from the sand is just awesome. Carter's so frakked in that moment.

Other Carter is out cold under half a tree but I'm sure he got his kicks in too.

And the alliance between the Tok'ra, the Jaffa and the Tauri is now officially kaput! Well, it's not entirely dead but they do go each their separate ways. I do agree with the Jaffa that they need to find their place again, he does have a good point. The Tok'ra are just arrogant little weasels who haven't changed a bit since we first met them.

Anyhow, lots of explosions in this one... lots of whump which I lurve! And then some. Not bad.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Apart from the alliance plot this was a weak ep. But then, I generally do not like eps. that focus on Carter.
                                Looking back, season 7 might well be the one with the most disliked eps.
                                Thank God for "Heroes".

Comment

Working...
                                X