No announcement yet.

Chimera (715)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also find it strange we never see or even hear of Sarah again, which is strange since htey did so much to build up her character... If nothing else, they should have had a snippet in one of the later episodes where daniel mentions her.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      I also find it strange we never see or even hear of Sarah again, which is strange since htey did so much to build up her character... If nothing else, they should have had a snippet in one of the later episodes where daniel mentions her.
      Yeah, there was a large build up for the character. And in this episode it's like one minute she's dream-attacking Daniel, the next she's fully human again and Goa'uld Osiris is nowhere to be seen then WHOOSH it's the end of the episode and the end of the character! All very fast.
      "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeShipper View Post
        LOVED Tea'lcs discussion on dreams with Daniel: "well, that conversation was disturbing on many levels.."
        Sorta like the whole episode, actually. Grump, I detested this one. I want that hour of my life back.

Hi, Sarah! Welcome back to humanity. Watch out for that plot hole! ...oop, too late, you fell into the "cool characters we forgot about" vault. TPTB really missed the boat on this one.

On the other hand, they sunk the boat with the Pete thing. He's in town for a case, and poor widdle intimacy-starved Sam pulls out all the stops and beds the guy. Oh, and he gets injured. That part I agreed with, anyways.

Really, this story only served to make Sam look desperate and hormonal. I know, sex is the coin of the realm these days, but it cheapens a character. Maybe she really is that emotionally retarded that she jumps into bed with the first guy she settles on after Grace, but that really undermines the moral strength that the character has displayed previously. It also illustrates that she's not all that interested in a real relationship, but merely in the shell of one, with all the intimate trappings and PDAs and such.

In my little alternate SG-1 universe that I just made up, the Pete storyline never existed, and Sarah's redemption sets the scene for a happy Daniel and some inside information on defeating the nefarious Anubis. Gee, wouldn't that make for some intelligent storytelling, instead of Soapgate S(am)C(arter)-1?

Meh. This is one of only two or three episodes that I actively dislike, and would scrape off the DVDs if I could. I suppose that I can take solace that Pete finally saw through Sam's emotional constipation and bailed instead of trying to salvage the wreck.
        Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
        http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

haha, it took me a few times to watch the episode to finally realize carter was humming the sg1 theme, i loved that, aswell as with the elevator scene with o'neill.
          btw.. does anyone have any idea what kind of donuts teal'c picked out????
          I am Thor, Sumpreme Commander of The Asgard Fleet.

"We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall.

Comment

Looked like a ma and pa type shops donughts..

Comment

Very true. I have seen people arrested for 'stalking' for doing anywhere close to what Pete did. I would also liked to have seen him busted for his definate abuse of power (calling a favor to have a work buddy backround check her), as well as his getting involved with the stakeout..

Comment

A couple of thing on this episode bother me.

1) Pete the stalker. I think this was quite a mistake by the writers to have him take that step of doing a background check on her (altho these days, who doesn't Google a new girlfriend or boyfriend?... but he went to the FBI to get the goods), and then he followed her. That's just wrong. If Pete hadn't done that, his character might have been saved and looked on a lot more favorably by the fans.

2) Daniel supposedly lives in a generic-looking suburban ranch house. previously we'd seen his apartment in a nice urban apartment building. Yeah, it's possible he could have moved, but does anyone really think Daniel's the homeowner type? (For that matter, why would Sam have a house-- with a yard-- if she's never home?) And by the way, when Sam drove away from her house.... her car was parked on the street in front of the house!! Really, who does that?? There are no driveways in Colorado Springs??

3) David DeLuise did a good job in portraying Pete as a sweet guy, but I still think that, as other posters may have mentioned, he was miscast in this role. I'm not sure who (or what type of guy) would have been better, but maybe someone a little more believable as a rough-edged, hard-nosed cop.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh View Post
                  1) Pete the stalker. I think this was quite a mistake by the writers to have him take that step of doing a background check on her (altho these days, who doesn't Google a new girlfriend or boyfriend?... but he went to the FBI to get the goods), and then he followed her. That's just wrong. If Pete hadn't done that, his character might have been saved and looked on a lot more favorably by the fans.
                  i have hashed and rehashed on this ep more than any other. i think i'll *never* get over it.

anyhoo, the only things i could see pete doing a background check on her for are, 1- he was worried about her safety, 2- he was worried about 'his' safety, and 3- he wondered if she was doing something illegal. so if none of these applied, then why did he do it? seems to me is was because she wouldn't tell him what she really did.

pete was upset when she didn't tell him, so he left her rather abruptly in the morning. (((sam))) if he'd only not called his fbi friend, or at least when his buddy called back, told him to forget it... that might have saved his character. well, he'd never really be accepted ('others' never are ), but at least he wouldn't have been thought of as the guy that stalked sam carter. personally, i think he just treated her with disrespect.

and going to the stake out!? oy vey! he's watching her through binoculars and seeing her and others in black clothing and weapons go stealthily around. does that not give his cop insticts a clue?

i'm telling you, the scene where he decides to approach sam, just strolling up to her while she's gotten out of the van to help in the house... just the way that scene was shot, i was really expecting to find out pete was working with the goauld woman! just when he called her name and sam quickly turned to see him, that's when goauld woman (name?) came out. it distracted sam and she could have gotten her head shot off! it was filmed so oddly...

3) David DeLuise did a good job in portraying Pete as a sweet guy, but I still think that, as other posters may have mentioned, he was miscast in this role. I'm not sure who (or what type of guy) would have been better, but maybe someone a little more believable as a rough-edged, hard-nosed cop.
                  i totally agree with this. while david is nice enough, he just did *not* fit into what kind of guy i'd see sam with. it's like loving steak and ending up with chicken mcnuggets.

wow, that felt good to let loose with my always irked chimera feelings.

sally
                  Last edited by majorsal; 01 July 2008, 07:08 PM.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

pete was upset when she didn't tell him, so he left her rather abruptly in the morning. (((sam))) if he'd only not called his fbi friend, or at least when his buddy called back, told him to forget it... that might have saved his character. well, he'd never really be accepted ('others' never are ), but at least he wouldn't have been thought of as the guy that stalked sam carter. personally, i think he just treated her with disrespect.

i'm telling you, the scene where he decides to approach sam, just strolling up to her while she's gotten out of the van to help in the house... just the way that scene was shot, i was really expecting to find out pete was working with the goauld woman! just when he called her name and sam quickly turned to see him, that's when goauld woman (name?) came out. it distracted sam and she could have gotten her head shot off! it was filmed so oddly...
                    I just can't "forgive" him for the way he treated Sam. He didn't listen or give her a chance to explain. Clearly her work was "classified"--why was that so hard for him to believe? Says more about his problems, imho.

i totally agree with this. while david is nice enough, he just did *not* fit into what kind of guy i'd see sam with. it's like loving steak and ending up with chicken mcnuggets.
                    wow, that felt good to let loose with my always irked chimera feelings.

sally
                    It was good to see Sam loosening up and having fun, but Pete didn't turn out to be so great.

On a non-Pete issue, I wish we had seen some followup on Sarah's recovery. maybe the actress wasn't available later. Osiris was a great goa'uld, imho. So charmingly evil.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I just can't "forgive" him for the way he treated Sam. He didn't listen or give her a chance to explain. Clearly her work was "classified"--why was that so hard for him to believe? Says more about his problems, imho.
                      *nods*

and how could the writers have thought this was alright? i mean, why even put it in in the first place, if it had no real consequences to their relationship??? it was almost like a red herring.

It was good to see Sam loosening up and having fun, but Pete didn't turn out to be so great.
                      *you* know me and my s/j shippiness, so you know what some of my issues with him were. but i think if they'd taken out the second half of the episode shenanigans, and recast the character with someone more like , it might have made sense that sam could go for someone (that wasn't jack o'neill).

On a non-Pete issue, I wish we had seen some followup on Sarah's recovery. maybe the actress wasn't available later. Osiris was a great goa'uld, imho. So charmingly evil.
                      osiris! i couldn't remember her goauld name, but i remembered sarah.

but yes, what happened to her? i didn't mind that she didn't end up with daniel, because i really didn't find them attractive together, but he was still her friend and, like, what happened to this woman?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

It's not that I don't think that Pete is a good guy, I just have a hard time imagining Sam having a serious relationship with someone like that. In my opinion the character of Sam Carter has to remain unattached to the regular world. She can't do that if the writers keep trying to hook her up with some guy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sam likes stalkers? The dude did a background check on her and then stalked her. And she's okay with it? What?! Just because he's the first guy that didn't die on her doesn't mean she has to hook up with him.

Anyway, the Daniel part of the story was fascinating. I thought Osiris is a very devious goauld. Osiris seems to really enjoy being in a female body.

The elevator scene with the humming is kinda funny. But the awkwardness afterwards if funnier.

Comment

The absolute worst part for me about Pete interrupting (which is bad enough on its own) is that he did it WHILE Osiris was attacking Daniel, Jack and Teal'c. Pete's a cop--he knows what a stakeout looks like, so he knew something was going on. And that Sam wasn't upset with him for endangering her team (who are also her best friends) due to his curiosity really angered me. This whole episode was a bad introduction to a character they probably wanted us to like.

The A plot and the B plot in this episode really should have been switched. More focus should have been put on Sarah/Osiris and Daniel, and the team working together to figure it all out.
                            sigpic
                            Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                            I'm a 60%er!
                            ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I hated Pete and refuse to ever watch this ep again on my DVD lol. He was too short for Sam and did not fit. and I agree it made her look too desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                                Sam likes stalkers? The dude did a background check on her and then stalked her. And she's okay with it? What?! Just because he's the first guy that didn't die on her doesn't mean she has to hook up with him.

Anyway, the Daniel part of the story was fascinating. I thought Osiris is a very devious goauld. Osiris seems to really enjoy being in a female body.

The elevator scene with the humming is kinda funny. But the awkwardness afterwards if funnier.
                                I love the elevator humming!! At first I was like, "Oh! I know that song from somewhere. Dangit where do I know that song????" And then it hit me and I felt ashamed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                                MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Working...
                                X