Chimera (715)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I think Majorsal (and many others, myself included) knew Sam Carter extremely well. And she did lower her standards in getting involved with Pete. He wasn't a bad guy; he was just immature and didn't take any part of her job seriously and made jokes about what she did for a living. In the end, I don't think either one of them (Sam or Pete) knew the other one well enough to even consider marriage. Pete was not in love with the Sam Carter that we all saw, because he never got to see that side of her. Personally, I think he was more infatuated with her than he was in love with her.
    That seems like fan bias and interpertation to me. Everyone sees characters differently. That is why shipper wars errupt.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

This episode is a meh to me. Its not overall great but at the same time I don't hate it. I quite like the Osris-Daniel story because it answers a lot of things. I was always hoping that S7 had more development into the search for the Lost City instead of having no development from Fallen until now. So I like the learning of the little bit about the Lost City even if it was only a tiny bit. Plus we got to see Sarah being saved. The only compliant I wished we had learned about the aftermath. Sarah now knows quite about the Stargate and the SGC. Seems like a significant security question. Unlike a lot of fans I have a meh approach about Sam meeting Pete. I don't hate it but I don't like. I just overall don't care about her finding a love life
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I could see Sam having one date with Pete as a favor to her brother, having a nice time at dinner and then never seeing him again.

Comment

..and yet they did! I think they made a cute couple. I could see her being interested in someone who made her laugh and forget about the seriousness of her job...someone with whom she could talk about something else for a change. By the end of the episode she was able to explain about her job.

Yeah, he used jokes a lot - probably a defense mechanism.
          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I just couldn't see anything in the character or the actor that I found attractive and thought they were totally mismatched.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Fair enough. We are all entitled to our own opinion. For me, this is one of my favourite episodes.
              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Loved the Osiris/Daniel storyline. But then again I was always partial to Osiris. I thought the actress portrayed her fabulously. A true baddie!

I absolutely hated Pete. I think if I found out my boyfriend was following me I would be more than a little concerned. The two just didn't look right together and there was no chemistry. But I was kinda bothered that Jack didn't show more emotion or at least a look that he was a little jealous of Pete. I know the whole military thing would mean you would not really show emotion like that, but even a little twitch woulda been nice.

Loved that Teal'c has the whole donut thing down for stakeouts. Wonder if he got that from watching earth tv cop shows.

Comment

i think Sarah should've come back for a guest appearence and helped Daniel solve mystery, or something cool like that ^.^
                  sigpic

Comment

They should have called this episode "Tapping Amanda."

Comment

Loved this:
                      TEAL'C:Most often dreams are the minds way of dealing with desires that cannot be fulfilled.

JACKSON: So basically I'm never going to get another good nights sleep ever again.

TEAL'C:With all of your past experiences Daniel Jackson, I do not know how you have slept well before now.

JACKSON: Thank you Teal'c, this session has been disturbing on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by liminoid View Post
                        Loved this:
                        TEAL'C:Most often dreams are the minds way of dealing with desires that cannot be fulfilled.

JACKSON: So basically I'm never going to get another good nights sleep ever again.

TEAL'C:With all of your past experiences Daniel Jackson, I do not know how you have slept well before now.

JACKSON: Thank you Teal'c, this session has been disturbing on many levels.
                        It was funny, but also too true... with all the horrors he has seen, the mind fraks he has dealt with.. it is a wonder he gets a decent nights sleep.

Comment

Maybe this has been discussed, but why is this episode titled "Chimera"? One of the little things I like about Stargate is the way you sometimes have to figure out what the title means.....

Comment

"Chimera: The term chimera has also come to describe any mythical animal with parts taken from various animals and, more generally, an impossible or foolish fantasy."

I would think the term applies appropriately to both Daniel's situation with Sarah/Osiris, and Sam's with Pete.

Comment

I have heard that chimera's are often linked with dreams as well..

Comment

Yes, that kind of makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X