Grace (713)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anja View Post
    I think a lot of people do that - if a partner behaves strangely or suspiciously or whatever. It' human curiosity - IMO.
    You ask them about it. That's the normal way for me anyway.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      You ask them about it. That's the normal way for me anyway.
      I did and will - see, I also follow the normal path.
      By the way - if the writers hadn't written his characters that way he would have been quite boring and not much of a policeman, wouldn't he?
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Officers of the law can be normal and interesting. I never really understood why TPTW felt the need to make Pete the way he was.

I mean, a relationship is partly built on trust, or so I think.

Comment

Officers of the law can be normal and interesting. I never really understood why TPTW felt the need to make Pete the way he was.

I mean, a relationship is partly built on trust, or so I think.
          Yes, partly, that's right. But the other part(s) can be curiosity, longing, caring and - maybe - love, can't they?
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

Yes, partly, that's right. But the other part(s) can be curiosity, longing, caring and - maybe - love, can't they?
            Yes, but not stalking and possibly jealousy (can be but in a healthy sort of way).

Comment

Yes, but not stalking and possibly jealousy (can be but in a healthy sort of way).
              Stalking means to follow sb for weeks or months to come, not just once or twice - IMO.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Stalking means to follow sb for weeks or months to come, not just once or twice - IMO.
                Even once or twice shows you do not trust your partner.

In my opinion, that would be grounds to break off a relationship.

Comment

Even once or twice shows you do not trust your partner.

In my opinion, that would be grounds to break off a relationship.
                  In my opinion it also depends on the behaviour of the person being followed.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

How so?

Comment

Anja, to my mind, that's called "blaming the victim."

Pete knew she worked on classified material. He knew she was not allowed to discuss it (with him or anyone else). So he goes behind her back and pries, and follows her. He didn't care that she could lose her job (or worse) for telling him.

Her behavior was irrelevant to my judgment of his.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Sam being the person being followed, is there something about her behavior (other than she can't tell him what she does) that would justify him following her? What behavior of hers is in question?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Sam being the person being followed, is there something about her behavior (other than she can't tell him what she does) that would justify him following her? What behavior of hers is in question?
                          None, it's his curiosity and being a cop that makes him do this just in combination with the biiiiig secret she is hiding and he senses that. I don't think he must be judged that negatively.
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

He was doing a background check, and he followed her getting in the way of them catching Osiris.

He's an idiot.

Comment

He was doing a background check, and he followed her getting in the way of them catching Osiris.

He's an idiot.
                              If you ignore the alien aspect its pretty standard police work for a cop to gain intel.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                If you ignore the alien aspect its pretty standard police work for a cop to gain intel.
                                But not a boyfriend - that's bordering on creepy.

Edit: not creepy, stalkery

If any girlfriend of mine would be doing what he did, and I don't even work in top secret projects, she'd be out the door faster than she could walk out herself.

Comment

Working...
                                X