No announcement yet.

Grace (713)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not one of my favourites since it's largely introspection and very little action.

But I suppose the shippers are happy!
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Thought it was kind of a boring episode. But the ending was cool.

Monday, Jonas Quinn is back (for the last time )
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
        1. First question, who the hell was Grace? Still not 100% sure.
        Glad you raised that question... there may be something buried earlier in the thread... but I'm pretty sure that the clues indicate Grace is the nebula - or rather, the incarnation of the nebula. Thinking this as the dialogue indicates its a new kind of nebula never studied - and since in Star Trek they were always running into space based creatures with a consciousness, this concept was borrowed here.

One flaw in my theory is that if Grace is the nebula, then it would be odd the nebula would have sufficient understanding of hyperspace drives to have the idea to create the bubble/shift in space time. Perhaps its a clever, problem-solving type of nebula.

Could have done without the ship. Was well-done though.

Comment

One of the most boring and dreary episodes of S.7 for me....not quite in my "watched only once and will never watch again" group, but definitely a "background noise only" one from now on for me...

Deeds xx
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

My LiveJournal post

I hate that we never find out who was in that great big ship. It looks so cool I want to see some funky aliens to go with it.
            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I like this episode, another of the surreal creations of characters' minds when being affected by alien forces that I've enjoyed through Stargate's history, 'The Changeling', SGA's 'Remnants','The Real World, 'Phantoms', and SGU's 'Cloverdale'

It was all about Sam and it was good to see into her mind and learn of her hopes and fears. Unfortunately the "you deserve to love someone, and be loved in return" gave us Pete Shanahan!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma De Salad View Post
                I'm pretty sure that the clues indicate Grace is the nebula - or rather, the incarnation of the nebula.
                Interesting theory. I'm not sure I agree, though, as the actions of the nebula on the ship (corrosion) don't in my mind mesh with the little girl trying to help Sam figure out a way out. I believe the writers deliberately did not identify Grace herself in order to create just this kind of debate.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

This episode is just plain boring. Thier is no conflict and no action and barely a story. All it is is vechile to descibe Carter's different mindsets and emotions. It just gets dull real fast watching her walking around Prometheus interacting with her different aspects of her psychie as she suffers the dilema. I would be more interested in seeing what makes the nebula so unique or where the mysterious alien vessel came from.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                    Interesting theory. I'm not sure I agree, though, as the actions of the nebula on the ship (corrosion) don't in my mind mesh with the little girl trying to help Sam figure out a way out. I believe the writers deliberately did not identify Grace herself in order to create just this kind of debate.

Seaboe
                    That makes sense. I don't think the focus of this ep was for the space geeks [like me] anyways - more of a device to setup the SC story than to have more fun and excitement with aliens and spaceships. Like in ST DS9 when Sisko met the wormhole aliens and had a life changing epiphany and we get to see some key backstory to understand the character.

Comment

I liked this episode even though it left many questions nanswered... It's nice to be able to speculate and to decide for oneself who was Grace. I took her to represent Sam's childhood that she had lost..

About the aliens and the alien ship... I actually don't care who they were.. As far as I'm concerned, they were there to take away the rest of the crew so we could have an episode that focuses on Sam...

It was interesting to see the other characters a bit out of character.. I liked the shippy moment between Sam and Jack, but I didn' like te outcome of it.. Of course from the series point of view Sam couldn't quit the air force and I don't think she is te kind of person who would do that.. But obviously it's something she would consider, because here she asks that from HERSELF.. I actually think that contradicts the "I'm a safe bet" argument. He would be a safe bet, if her feelings were "lighter", if it was a question some flirting sometimes and her just finding her superior officer attractive and thinking it's good enough wouldn't have time for deeper relationships right now... But her thinking about choosing between her career in the airforce and him... It shows a deep dilemma that I don't think will protect her from hurt...

Comment

Well, like you said, neither could quit the air force, because it would hurt the television series. In RL, Jack could easily retire (again) to be with Sam. He could even retire and be re-hired (if he wished) in some capacity as a civilian contractor. Joint (civilian) CIA & military teams conduct operations, so there's no reason the SGC couldn't do the same. As a television production, there's just no way.

Comment

I'm just going to put my two cents in here, I've only just seen this episode so please forgive me if I get somethings wrong.

I actually love this episode. Not trying to sound snarky or be offensive but I don't understand how anyone could find this episode boring! Maybe I'm just bias because of my love for anything Sam or Sam/Jack related but I found this episode to be one of the best this season!
                          Okay, so it didn't have any big action things, nothing blowing up and yeah, it did have a bunch of scenes of Sam walking around the Prometheus but I think its nice to have a change every now and then. You know what they say, a change is as good as a holiday!

First of all, I saw this episode as a way to see what really goes on in Sam's head. Like Jack said, she's the complex one. Teal'c was like the warrior in her, Daniel the theoretical scientist, her father and Jack were herself (probably Jack more) forcing herself to believe that she only uses her love for him as an excuse not to get hurt. She does love him but she's scared for what happened to her parents to happen to them. She could give up her career but she doesn't know if that will work. It was basically listening to a conversation in her head (I do it all the time)

As for Grace, I think she could be the child she could've been if her Mother didn't die and she hadn't blamed her Father. Hence Grace singing 'Twinkle, Twinkle' and Sam saying her Mum sung it to her and also the bit with the bubbles.

To me, this episode is really deep and I'll probably have to watch it a few times to really understand it but I really, really, REALLY enjoyed it
                          sigpic
                          "For All Eternity"
                          The Five | Multi-shpper
                          SamxJack | JohnxHelen
                          Currently watching: Stargate SG1 Season3. Currently reading: Broken Wings by L Stoddard Hancock.
                          Banner courtesy of couplechemestry.livejournal.com

Comment

Really liked this episode. I didn't think it matter who the aliens were or what the nebula was. My guess is the visions were the nebula though. In fact I think the nebula was many aliens not just one and each alien took a different form to try to help Sam.

Can't think of anything I didn't like about it.

Comment

Carter bangs her head against the wall, and as a result lots of figments of her own making start to appear, except for the girl who keeps singing Twinkle, twinkle, little star ... now I'm stuck with it, and I don't even know the text passed the first line.

So, she's stuck in a nebula... If I'm not mistaken, this has been done before in Star Trek, loads of times, in Farscape so I guess Stargate couldn't stay behind. Nebula's really are tricky places to be in.
                              But oh look, the attackers managed to get themselves stuck along with the Prometheus. Nice flying there, dudes!

It's a very uneventful episode really... there's Carter, concussed and slowly going cuckoo.

And they had to repeat that whole business in Atlantis three or so years later... Why?

Fun to see Grodin as the weapons officer. Was he Grodin back then too? He isn't credited under a name, just as a weapons officer. Nevertheless, cool to catch his cameo.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Carter bangs her head against the wall, and as a result lots of figments of her own making start to appear, except for the girl who keeps singing Twinkle, twinkle, little star ... now I'm stuck with it, and I don't even know the text passed the first line.
                                i'd still like to know who 'grace' really was. was she a part of sam's mind and spirit, or some*thing* from the nebula itself?
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X