Grace (713)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vzzzzzbx View Post
    I still can't quite decide if I like this episode or not. Strange how the SGC asked the Tok'ra to conduct a search but no mention of contacting the Asgard? What happened to the rest of the crew? Were they interrogated, tortured, invited to a 4-day alien orgy, what? And whoever the hell those aliens were, how did they get so advanced without being wiped out by the Goa'uld (unless they were Space Pirates from another dimension or something, preying on primitive vessels, er, for fun) how else to explain their identity.
    I guess not knowing who they are is part of the charm of the episode, often unknown things are scarier than the scary things you do know...

That was profound....

Anyway,Just saw the episode nice stuff it was a star trek like episode kind of liked it...
    Last edited by nmmb; 05 July 2009, 03:40 PM.
    My blog:Nuno Barreto's Blog

Comment

well, for me Grace belongs to my most favourite episodes of SG1 and I believe, there are a lot of people who love this episode as well. In my country there were a lot of problems with the script translations of Grace (there were a lot of mistakes and a lot of parts of the czech version didn´t make any sense - that´s why I don´t want to watch SG in my native language but in original :-D),

I think that the incorrect translations are the reason why Grace isn´t so popular in the CZR - especially among people who have seen Grace only with czech dubbing. That´s really pity ´cause I think Grace can be counted to the better part of StarGate episodes

Comment

It's very much a character exploration and those who don't like that sort of thing (and prefer big guns and explosions) don't like this episode. But those of us who enjoyed seeing Sam's character relationships being explored really do love this episode. I believe its a catalyst for her decisions later on in the show (ie deciding to date Pete and let Jack go).
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Hi Joli, and indeed all
          Joli I have to agree, because in our country to translate awful.
          And this is just one of the favorite parts of the spinal cord, so I'm sorry even more.
          Last edited by LEKY; 08 September 2009, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LEKY View Post
            Hi Joli, and indeed all
            Joli I have to agree, because in our country to translate awful.
            And this is just one of the favorite parts of the spinal cord, so I'm sorry even more.
            Oh hi my dear friend :-) (it´s little weird to speak English with you after the long time of being a friend of yours and speaking Czech with you :-D but never mind :-D)

I agree, there are lot of episodes which are terribly translated to Czech... that´s pretty bad and I don´t think it´s going to be better in the future :-( I regret the new generation of czech fans who watch SG the first time nowadays... I hope there will be a lot of them who (will) do the same we (the 1st wave of SG fans who watch SG since its beginning :-D) do - watch it in original as possible and mainly - they urge the TV NOVA channel to improve the broadcast of this show...
            Last edited by sgjoli; 08 September 2009, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sgjoli View Post
              Oh hi my dear friend :-) (it´s little weird to speak English with you after the long time of being a friend of yours and speaking Czech with you :-D but never mind :-D)

I agree, there are lot of episodes which are terribly translated to Czech... that´s pretty bad and I don´t think it´s going to be better in the future :-( I regret the new generation of czech fans who watch SG the first time nowadays... I hope there will be a lot of them who (will) do the same we (the 1st wave of SG fans who watch SG since its beginning :-D) do - watch it in original as possible and mainly - they urge the TV NOVA channel to improve the broadcast of this show...

(it's damn funny to talk with English)

Yes our "beloved" TV Nova's all pretty spoiled. When I'm so sorry for such a wonderful part.
              She new generation to come, what is good and what is not.

I love Jack and Sam

Comment

This is our spaceship and Grace is Solaris
                Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by sgjoli View Post
                  well, for me Grace belongs to my most favourite episodes of SG1 and I believe, there are a lot of people who love this episode as well. In my country there were a lot of problems with the script translations of Grace (there were a lot of mistakes and a lot of parts of the czech version didn´t make any sense - that´s why I don´t want to watch SG in my native language but in original :-D),

I think that the incorrect translations are the reason why Grace isn´t so popular in the CZR - especially among people who have seen Grace only with czech dubbing. That´s really pity ´cause I think Grace can be counted to the better part of StarGate episodes
                  Russian easier. We have an official translation made by people with some humor and complete lack of understanding about what he would do the show and they look fun. And a fan-made translation is made very accurately. Well, I can watch and English.
                  Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                  SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Just watched this episode again and after all these years it's still one of my favourites. A fantastic character introspection for Sam, and some intricate layers in terms of thematic approach. SG-1 doesn't always have to be about war, about the military and seriously over the top bad guys.. 'Grace' shows a more gentle side to the series, a side which I believe true fans will love and appreciate.
                    sigpic

Comment

A good episode. Gotta like it also because it is Sam-centric. Tee hee.

Comment

I think this episode is not so bad. I TOTALLY LOVE THIS EPISODE
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I think this episode is not so bad.I TOTALLY LOVE THIS EPISODE
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

i like this episode.
                            sigpic

Comment

I loved the contrast between Jack in Sam's dream and the real one in the infirmary. The kiss was hot too Apart from that, it was a rather weak ep plot-wise. I wish they would elaborate on the nebulae and the aliens but alas.
                              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Yeah - the nebula was really "Star Trek" for me. Grace in an alright episode for me. Since Sam is my favorite character of the show, watching this episode ain't painful for me. Tee hee.

Comment

Working...
                                X