No announcement yet.

Revisions (705)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was an average episode, not one of the best of season 7 in my opinion. Funny how quickly and easily they managed to interface a powerful advanced alien computer with an earth laptop, did it have a USB port?

Comment

I really liked this episode it had a creepy vibe that was not scary but it was something you could not put your finger on. Although I have to say this episode Jack and Teal'c almost seemed to have nothing to do while Sam and Dr. Jackson did most of the research. I almost laughed as Teal'c and jack kept "checking things". Amanda Tapping and CH had great chemistry and I was not shocked at all to find he was on her new show with her.

I found the ending sad when CH's character wanted Sam to tell him about the wife that was gone that he could no longer remember. All in all I would say a 7 out of 10 for me.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
      Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Pallen (the scientist guy) sounds like Todd the Wraith (from Atlantis) at the end of the eposide - uncannily similar O_O

Also the "Link" is very similar to the Replicator subspace network, when they update/sync, everyone freezes!

Comment

Originally posted by sgfan View Post
          Pallen (the scientist guy) sounds like Todd the Wraith (from Atlantis) at the end of the eposide - uncannily similar O_O

Also the "Link" is very similar to the Replicator subspace network, when they update/sync, everyone freezes!
          Thats because Christopher Heridyall played both Pallen and Todd. He also played Hailing
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I like this episode and SGA episode one of the "Irr's" was filmed on that location.
            sigpic

Comment

Did anyone assume that the people in the dome were midgets when they first saw the little guy at the start?

Comment

Well, the location for Revisions is disappearing in real life!

Demolition started last week.......

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/eat...807/story.html

Comment

This wasn't very original, computer mind control has been around since at least Star Trek TOS. Not a bad ep for all that, even if Teal'c and O'Neill didn't have much to do.
                  sigpic

Comment

I always enjoyed this episode. While it's not thrilling, it has a great group of guest actors and the story is one of the most original I've come across in sci-fi (I'm aware of the posts above saying the opposite!). While I can't claim to have read or watched all the sci-fi that ever existed, I'm aware of a lot and this story really stood out to me as something not seen before. Computers controlling people has certainly been done, but the particulars of this episode are very interesting - a computer that is not malevolent or evil at all, but is just trying to help the community survive (ironically, by killing people). For all intents and purposes it gives everybody a "software update" (or firmware upgrade!) which changes their perceptions and memories. I thought it was fascinating stuff, and I can't think of any other place I've seen a plot like that.

Also notable is the first appearance of the very cool Christopher Heyerdahl within the Stargate franchise. And I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought, "Look out! It's the ashrak!" when Peter Lacroix appeared.

RATING: 7 out of 10
                    Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

To me, this episode could have plucked straight from the annals of The Twilight Zone. Especially those very weighty scenes where the thoughts, memories, and perceptions of certain characters change before our eyes. Very solid writing even if the directing was a bit cheesy.

As far as repeat performances, Evalla the wife of Pallen was also cast before in the episode where they found the weather control device. She's the same actress who plays the Hybrid in the reimagined BSG.

Comment

Tuesday night...another ep of SG1...

1. Pretty standard plot, obvious filler ep.

2. First appearance of Christopher Heyerdahl in the Stargate universe.

3. "You're sick, being disconnected from the link has messed with your mind". *snorts*

S7 was a hit and miss season. This was a miss.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Thought it was an average episode.

Christopher Heyerdahl makes his first Franchise appearance, this is one of a handful of characters he'll play over the years.

Tomorrow, Daniel has mind overload.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've always liked this episode for its creepy element. The idea of a shrinking dome and a computer that compensates by killing off the occupants is a horrible thought. Makes it worse that the people are living a comfortable life in blissful ignorance in a lovely garden and town whilst outside their dome are the corroded remains of their people and civilisation in the poisoned environment of their planet.

Comment

An enjoyable stand alone episode. I liked that the whole team was together on a new planet figuring things out.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                                Well, the location for Revisions is disappearing in real life!

Demolition started last week.......

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/eat...807/story.html
                                Oh, that's a shame. I loved that little place.

My LiveJournal post
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X