X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Mitchell? Isn't he the current leader of sg-1

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
      Parents evenings must also have been interesting.
      Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      A nice episode with Jack and Sam having to act as his parents for a PTA meeting.
      Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      That would be total and complete awkwardness for Jack, Sam, and mini-Jack.
      I would've loved to have seen that.
      Originally posted by Meshakhad View Post
      What I want to know is this: did Jack Jr. decide to retrace his career path? Perhaps he could even assume command of SG-1 once he gets out of the Air Force Academy.

That would be interesting to see in a novel.
      Well right out of the Academy he wouldn't have the rank. Besides, I think that maybe he went with a different career. Going back to the Air Force would've been a "been there, done that" kind of thing.

Comment

Okay, I loved the episode, right from the get-go.

Yeah, he's perhaps a bit snarkier and harsh than usual... but don't forget, in addition to being stuck in a 'scrawny little body', he had to deal with the requisite hormones that go with being a fifteen-year-old boy.... and I'm not just referring to the 'libidinous' ones. There's a reason teenagers tend to be moody and sullen...

According to the novel 'Roswell', young Jonathan O'Neill was preparing to enter university - this was at the beginning of Season 10. I'd love to know what he chose to study... Physics, maybe? Just to have one up on his 'other' self?

Michael Welch did a wonderful job - I was kinda smitten, so I kept an eye out for him. I spotted him in NCIS and Cold Case.... but the biggest thing was seeing him in Twilight!

Sitting there in the cinema with my friend... the volleyball bounces off the back of this guy's head... he turns around.... I was literally bouncing in my seat going "Holy ****, it's Michael Welch!" My friend turns to me and goes.... "Who?"

Comment

Michael Welch did a great job as the young O'Neill. He had the mannerisms down pat, and there's a definite similarity in their looks as well, particularly in the eyes and nose.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
            I would've loved to have seen that.

Well right out of the Academy he wouldn't have the rank. Besides, I think that maybe he went with a different career. Going back to the Air Force would've been a "been there, done that" kind of thing.
            I'm sure that the people running the SGC and Homeworld Command would be able to rustle up a rank with some fake papers or something, perhaps after a small "refresher" course that is.
            I don't think MiniJack would say no to the SGC given the opportunity, I mean how can you say no to that? After all he's done to save the world. Though he might not go back to leading teams through the gate, perhaps something in a quieter position.

As for the last scene with him ogling the highschool girls, it was either that or he could get someone his "own" (read: mental age) age into trouble by getting into a relationship with them. It is a bit weird either way though.

Comment

The kid did an outstanding job of mimicking O'Neill.........
              Now did he mean to say at tahe end that the Air Force arranged for him to live with some family or something like Cassandra?
              But HOW was he allowed to go "free" carrying all the knowledge he had of the secret Stargate and SG1 program? He'd be a walking "timebomb" to leak or reveal even slight amounts of knowledge and potentially imperil the Stargate program.........

Comment

The same way every other person who knows about the Stargate program. They hold to the law of nondisclosure agreements. Further more Jack regardless of the age is not going to disclose the Stargate program. They may look differerent physically but he has the same mentality and (lack of) maturity as the real Jack
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh my God, I'd completely forgotten this episode existed! The kid imitates Richard Dean Anderson so well, this is an absolute delight of an episode. The ending kind of bums me out a bit, though; the thought of repeating school makes me break out in a cold sweat.

Given that Daniel has just rejoined the team and his memory had to be regained, it was a slightly poor choice to have him reel off a bunch of past mission experiences at the start of the show. Like I said in 'Homecoming', I think his reintegration should have been spread out through the first third/half of the season.

Best line: "There's no easy way to tell you this, so ... Sam's just gonna come right out and say it."

RATING: 9 out of 10
                  Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Why didn't the Asgard test Jonas Quinn for their cloning problems since he was more advanced on the evolutionary scale?

Comment

And the SG1 marathon concluded...

1. Looking back, this was the first Jack-light ep of the season...but it worked...cos Michael Welch was on the money from the word go.

2. Those guys buying Jack junior as Jack...hmmm...not sure...he carried it off with enough bravado though.

3. Unlucky about not being about to booze...

4. Loki, the first Norse god I ever heard of...finally shows up in SG1.

Solid and fun ep.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I thought it was an average episode.

Good to see Thor back.

We also have some Stargate history, licensed music. Something that would only be done 2 more times before SGU (see what I did there)

Monday, a Goa'uld death camp (yeah).
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kmac45 View Post
                          Why didn't the Asgard test Jonas Quinn for their cloning problems since he was more advanced on the evolutionary scale?
                          Possibly because Jonas was no longer on earth.

I loved this episode. I did find the ending kind of odd, with many of the same reservations as already posted on the last few pages. Listening to the commentary did little to answer the questions.

However, it would have been nice to see Young Jack again.
                          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

i just finished watching this episode and it made me think back to when this episode aired that june, i just finished eighth grade and was going to enter high school that august. boy did this episode bring back memories. Michael Welch really does a very good job at portraying a young jack o'neill.

Comment

When I first saw this I really amused by how well the young actor imitated O'Neill.

I did wonder why O'Neill didn't recognise his younger self. Maybe because he 'didn't embrace high school' as he said, he just forgot about that part of his life and had no photos or real memories of what he looked like at the age of 15!

I found it interesting to see how O'Neill was already behaving differently as a result of being in a different situation when he discovered he was a clone, and that as a 'child' he could never go back to the way things were. There is always a element of fear and sadness in that thought and is covered up by the 'O'Neill bravado' displayed wonderfully by the 'young' O'Neill.

I loved the way the phenomenon of 'alien abductions' was used in this episode. Daniel and Teal'c (an alien, lol) going out to interview 'abductees' with a view to getting more information about the nature of young O'Neill's experience and try to learn more about who was responsible.

Comment

This was a very enjoyable episode. I wish we knew what had become of the young clone of Jack.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X