Fallen (701)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great opener to the new season.

Daniel's back, but he doesn't remember a lot, at least now he doesn't.

I loved the whole Daniel thinks Jack's name is Jim

Tomorrow, the conclusion, and Jonas leaves SG-1
    sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

First time round after totally enjoying the 6th season I was really looking forward to starting on the 7th. It was about this time that my obsession with Stargate really kicked in!!!

The only other 'nude' scene in Stargate!!! Always amused by the extremely carefully posed Daniel in the opening scene!

...and who can forget the exchange of those wise sayings.....

O'NEILL: Ah, but birds of a feather…
        SHAMDA: I'm unfamiliar with that story. What lesson does it teach?
        O'NEILL: It has to do with flocking…and togetherness…

It's always good to see how well Jonas and Daniel worked together. It was a nice touch to have them go on the mission to Anubis' ship together.

I agree that Daniel seemed to get his memory back very quickly, spending more time on that would have been more fun. Especially with him calling Jack, Jim all the time!

Comment

The episode is too fractured. The first half has Daniel reclaiming his memory and sense of who is and the second half is about SG1 striking back at Anubis with borderline Star Wars copyright infringement. Both stories seem like things that need to be addressed but I find the whole Daniel reclaiming who is too drawn out in this episode and should have been more in the background then front and center for half an episode I kind of think it should have been more in the background and gradual through out the episode instead of all the sudden. By the end of Fallen he can suddenly translate Ancient again. That is too much of a jump for me. Besides that I love it. I love the complexity and insanity of the plan to give Anubis a cripling blow. It was crazy and insane. Something that has become more common as the series progressed. I have always liked how things do not always go as plan
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
            Great opener to the new season.

Daniel's back, but he doesn't remember a lot, at least now he doesn't.

I loved the whole Daniel thinks Jack's name is Jim

Tomorrow, the conclusion, and Jonas leaves SG-1
            Perhaps cause he acts like kirk!

Comment

A good season opener. Although a bit over the place.

Daniel and Jonas working together is so good. I wish they did more of it instead of just getting rid of Jonas.

The Star Wars tribute at the end was kind of cool.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                Ok, I'm asking this while I remember, then I'll look and see if it was answered already. In the scene where Janet gives Daniel back his glasses, he says something to Jack that I couldn't make out. Is he asking Jack if they had a relationship like he did Sam?
                No, he says something about Jack's hair and has he (Jack) always worn it like that. Some people interpret this as a MacGyver reference.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                  No, he says something about Jack's hair and has he (Jack) always worn it like that. Some people interpret this as a MacGyver reference.

Seaboe
                  I thought it was a humorous comment on Jack's hair being more gray than S5... LOL
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I liked this one. Seems that Daniels quick recovery worked for me, and I enjoyed the last half a lot

Comment

Season 7 --> Hello Action!Jackson! Bye bye Jonas!

After all this time, I'm still peeved over losing Jonas Quinn. Damn you, Michael Shanks!

Anyway... Fallen...

Nekkid!Daniel in the field, who can't remember anything about who is.

Anubis still being all powerful and in possession of all the eyes, which is a problem. He's too powerful. They need to do something about that. So, with the help of the Tok'ra which can be useful at times they come up with the wackiest plan ever to accomplish that. Due to some bumps in the road (Yu losing his marbles for one - Jonas getting caught) it takes two episodes to accomplish that.

Jonas and Daniel work pretty well together. That's a plus.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Strange, coincidences and a new SGC.
                        A naked Jackson - well, I don't think that was absolutely necessary.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Oma couldn't be bothered to find him an outfit when dropping him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                            A naked Jackson - well, I don't think that was absolutely necessary.
                            It was apropos as a symbol for Jackson's re-birth. The writers did well, there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                              It was apropos as a symbol for Jackson's re-birth. The writers did well, there.
                              Oma stated it was her decision to tease him - I think. Even in sci-fi there is no re-birth, there is a reanimation. Having been reborn would have meant he would have reappeared as a new-born baby, wouldn't it?
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                                Having been reborn would have meant he would have reappeared as a new-born baby, wouldn't it?
                                In scifi anything is possible...
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X