No announcement yet.

Fallen (701)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just re-watching this last night. I always chuckle at the scene where Sam & Jack are flying in the F-302:

Jack: I want to see what this thing is made of.
    Sam: I can tell you exactly, sir
    Jack: Later...maybe

I'd love to see that "later" scene - it would be cute to see Carter do a full technobabble run-down on everything that's in the F-302, and Jack rolling his eyes, then putting his head in his hands, then doodling on a sheet of paper, then wadding pieces of paper & throwing them at her to distract her, then... oh can you imagine his frustration?! LOL
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Riamichele View Post
      I liked the episode for the most part. I would really have liked it if at the end of the briefing when Sam walks off leaving Daniel and Jonas alone if Daniel said,"How long have those two been together?" It would've been a kind of funny way to poke fun at the non-relationship between Jack and Sam.
      Originally posted by Tachyon View Post
      This.
      I would've liked to have seen that too. It would've a good way to end the scene & not showing Jonas' response to the question. Which could've gone any number of ways. I flustered; "I-I-I don't know what you mean." A plain "They aren't." and walking away. Or just a quizzical look.

Comment

Loved this one! Daniel's back and the entire Star Wars sequence. "Red Leader" had me in stitches.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          Loved this one! Daniel's back and the entire Star Wars sequence. "Red Leader" had me in stitches.
          The Star Wars sequence was the only good part in this episode.
          But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

I think its because they knew Daniel really didn't die in the first place, he just ascended to a higher plane of existance, so he was neve really "dead" per se. I was escstatic that Daniel was back.

Comment

Ok, I'm asking this while I remember, then I'll look and see if it was answered already. In the scene where Janet gives Daniel back his glasses, he says something to Jack that I couldn't make out. Is he asking Jack if they had a relationship like he did Sam?
              Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
              Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                But do we know how long the time line was for this ep? ( 3 days or a week or.....)
                Carter says it will take at least a week to search the ruins, which gives them enough time to ship the F-302 to the other planet and reassemble it. Hammond even goes off world and hangs out at the base camp!
                Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

i just finished with this ep (on netflix). i'm going to miss jonas quinn... he was a good character... :/
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

A couple of things in the story just don't make sense. First, the idea of fooling Anubis with the fake tablet while the people of Abydos basically remain his hostages. Second, when he was going to attack the Earth base on Abydos, how would evacuating the camp help? Anubis could simply trace their signatures and bomb them wherever they were, just as Skaara was suggesting at the very beginning in his case.

Then there was the idea of giving him the Eye of Ra in exchange for sparing Abydos. IF this was the final crystal to operate his weapon against all the system lords and anyone else, effectively making him THE KING, what would be gained EVEN if he agreed to spare Abydos? He would use his new weapon to attain primacy, probably wipe out alot of other worlds, and then eventually renege on his agreement with Daniel.

And once in any case Anubis would realize he was fooled he would take revenge on Abydos and other worlds as well. So I didn't see the logic here.

Comment

A teamwork relationship between Daniel and Jonas could be a great story in its own right in a subplot or a new SG series. They are terrific, and Jonas takes the edge off of Daniel's very frequent sour puss personality with Jonas' smiles and happy-go-lucky but not cynical (like O'Neill) personality. Too bad Jonas was discontinued. Budget, budget......the bottom line.

Comment

I'm watching this episode now, and I'll point out what I like and don't as I go.

- Jonas talking to Sam and Hammond, they are both mean toward Jonas, like they are irritated and want him off the show. I love Jonas, so it is sad to see him treated poorly.
                        - Too many Jack lines where he drags the scene out with pointless garbage that made daniel's return too quick to the SGC
                        -I like Daniel and Teal'c remembering together
                        -Daniel seems ... cocky, when proving Jonas wrong
                        -good to see hammond off world and good space battle
                        Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                          the idea of fooling Anubis with the fake tablet while the people of Abydos basically remain his hostages.
                          Where did you get that from?

Second, when he was going to attack the Earth base on Abydos, how would evacuating the camp help? Anubis could simply trace their signatures and bomb them wherever they were
                          The planet is named as Vis Uban, and they would evacuate through the gate.

I really enjoyed this episode, there's a lot of good humour and nice character moments. The second half with the Return of the Jedi sequences is visually fantastic. I also really enjoyed the Jonas/Daniel teamup, they have a great dynamic.

The only part I was a little confused about was what exactly lured Anubis to the planet where they had planted the fake tablet.

RATING: 8.5 out of 10
                          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                            The only part I was a little confused about was what exactly lured Anubis to the planet where they had planted the fake tablet.

RATING: 8.5 out of 10
                            I think they had a spy tell someone who told someone who told Anubis that it was there. Something like that. So he came to get the fake tablet that he thought was real. Either that, or he knew it was fake, but wanted to destroy the taur'i there anyways lol
                            Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Great episode, but a little rushed. Daniel's story alone should have been given a little more time.
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Summer 2003: At this point in time my life was pretty crappy, I was doing summer work at the London office of Evilcorp and not sure where my long term future was going. However, there was a big Gateworld meet somewhere in the centre of London and I hauled myself in from Teddington to catch recordings of the first three eps of S7 before they aired on Sky One. So...

1. Well we knew roughly how Daniel would be found but Daniel and Jonas mistranslating the tablet was an interesting oops.

2. Teal'c having explain about Shar're - ouch!

3. Surprised Hammond played the classified card with Daniel.

4. "I could tell you. Exactly". She's known him too long!

5. And then...ouch...I think Jonas knows what that is...

Solid enough opening up.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X