No announcement yet.

Full Circle (622)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a good episode indeed...thanks to oma...the abydos people are new ascended...how nice of daniel to offer help agenist the rules...
    he really is an amazing character...
    too bad he could'nt destroy anubis...the others or oma stopped him...tooooo baddddd

Comment

Indeed there was a distinct feeling of Star Wars in this episode. Loved the effects and firefight inside pyramid.

Comment

What gave the feel of star wars?
        sigpic

Comment

Daniel was dressed like old Obi-Wan Kenobi His struggle in mothership with Anubis was similar to Force Lightining fight we have seen in Episode III and Episode VI. The whole planet of Abydos was nearly a copy of Tatooine from Episode IV.

Comment

Because it was a desert?

So they copied star wars when they created the tok'ra home world?
            sigpic

Comment

This is officially my new favourite episode, I loved every second of it. Daniel was definately my favrourite character in it - Jedi Danny Boy - yayy!!!
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

One of my favourite episodes in the series. It has everything you would want in a SG1 episode. Brilliant! I think the only season finale I have enjoyed more was "Lost City".

Comment

Originally posted by desert fox
                  Daniel was dressed like old Obi-Wan Kenobi His struggle in mothership with Anubis was similar to Force Lightining fight we have seen in Episode III and Episode VI. The whole planet of Abydos was nearly a copy of Tatooine from Episode IV.
                  I know what you mean. I wouldn't go as far as saying that there are reffed/borrowed/ripped-off Star Wars themes in the ep, because I'm not sure there are any - at least not deliberate ones, anyway. If I'm going to be totally honest, I hadn't really seen a connection myself until I read about it on here and found that others had. However, on reflection, there are little Star Wars-y tinges here and there. It is indeed more a 'feel' than an actual deliberate setup. It may be that I'm not taking this analogy as far as some, but that's just my take on it.

Have to say that I particularly enjoyed that moment when Jack has to hand over the Eye of Ra to Herak, and can't quite let go. Saw it on Sky Two last night.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is actually my favourate Season ending ever, it has always held a special place for me, it was the end of an era and with the abidonians gone, daniel left in limbo and a massive revelation about the Ascended it was a perfect ending for Sg1 if they had stopped here...
                    The Lost city was intended to be a followup movie and ive recently watched FC and then TLC in succession and it would have been a great ending.
                    yeah this is one of my favourate SG episodes ever, the only episode that really get to the core of SG1 S1-6 and sums everything up to this point... truely brilliant.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Anyone notice this silly consistency error? One moment Teal'c is firing an M249 and right after he's using an M16 with an M203 grenade launcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                        Interesting, i thoguh it was generally bad with a few redeeming points.

SG-1's defense of the temple was rubbish, where were the claymores, the machinguns covering chokepoints? Where were the multiple SG teams, handing out better guns to abydoians than eight year old MP5s?
                        I agree, they should have had some more 'defenses' like a few of those 50 cal mounted MALPS like we saw in forever in a day. And with all the interaction we have had, i am surprised we don't keep a permenant mil presense there, for their defense.

Danny giveing Anubis the Eye of Ra made no sense, he perfectly laid out the reasons why he shouldn't, the eye allowed Anubis to whip the System lords' Colective asses without it he would tens times weaker and would have been drawn into a runnig conflict wear they would have been properly well matched.
                        That is true, i would have rather he had 'told' lord yu about the eye and that anubis had not completed it.. BUT i loved the chatter back and fourth between daniel and jack over the giving over of the eye.

And last but not at all least: The ascension of the abydonians was a complete and utter cop-out.
                        At first, when it happened i was 'GOOD GOLLY, has danny turned into another Oma, but later when i heard daniel saying (and smiling) "oma is watching us", i was happy... though i do admit, all being ascended was a little wierd. Kasuf and Skara i could see, being their familial ties to the group, but all... it was strange..

On the plus side it did have some funny lighter moments.

And the Jack/Danny interaction at the beginning.
                        My fave of those moments, was when they were inside the temple/tomb, and jack was telling daniel to dross that line. Then later when Harak (sp??) was telling the team to surrender, and jack told him "failin up i see"..

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                        Weren't they smashed in the flashback from the photon torpedo down the exhaust port? I believe that was the plan, although my memory is hazy; there was a little, ZX Spectrum computer graphic and talk of womp rats.
                        IIRC that was to destory the power supply FOR the eye..

Originally posted by elhSG1 View Post
                        Good episode, that elevator scene between Jack and Daniel was great. I did get a Star Wars feeling when Daniel confronted Anubis, don't ask me why but I just did.
                        Same here, but i did love it when Harak told apophis "truely you are all mighty my lord| and apophis replied "that was not me.."
                        Originally posted by Anubis View Post
                        What I can't figure out is why Daniel was stopped from doing what he did despite the actions that Oma done towards the end.
                        Agreed. I find it strange she could ascend all those abydonians (and even keep the gate there) but could not let daniel lay the smack down on Anubis.. BUT was it her or the others that stopped him.??

Originally posted by Anubis View Post
                        I agree. I enjoy David Palffy as Sokar and more so as Anubis. If only Sokar could have stayed on longer.
                        Agreed. Next to Ba'al and Lord Yu, he was imo the best gou'ald... Though his death was a little cool.. blowing up his "hell" world, right on top of his 'mother ship.
                        Though that gets me. Sokar had a regular Hatak for his mother ship, when all the others seem to have those big ones... like anubis did..

Originally posted by Metarock Sam View Post
                        How couldAnubis get the eye of Tiamat wasn't it destroyed in S5's 'The Tomb'.
                        Maybe his eye was different than the Tiamat one..

Originally posted by Leandros View Post
                        Anyone notice this silly consistency error? One moment Teal'c is firing an M249 and right after he's using an M16 with an M203 grenade launcher.
                        LOL... No i did not..

Comment

Originally posted by elhSG1 View Post
                          I did get a Star Wars feeling when Daniel confronted Anubis, don't ask me why but I just did.
                          I've never really watched any Star Wars films, but it still definately reminded me of it.

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                          Have to say that I particularly enjoyed that moment when Jack has to hand over the Eye of Ra to Herak, and can't quite let go. Saw it on Sky Two last night.
                          It was hilarious to see Jack clenching it tightly in his hand so that Herak has to pull it harder from him.

I loved this episode! The whole elevator scene at the beginning between Jack and Daniel was great. The conversation between Jack, Sam and Skaraa about going to his wedding was also pretty funny. It was sad that Skaraa had to die though, but at least he got to ascend. The pyramid blowing up was a really good effect and I thought the ending was really nice, where you can just see the stargate in the distance. Excellent ep!
                          "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                          S/J all the way!
                          Big Honkin' Resolution!
                          sigpic
                          John/Teyla Shipper!
                          SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

i love this episode i love the bit between daniel and jonas where jonas has his stuff very funny, as well the start is very funny with daniel and jack i could not stop laughing

sigpic

Comment

Here's the thing that I find really interesting about this episode:

Anubus was an ascended being interfering with the lower plains of existence. According to the rules just talking to lowers is agansed the rules, but I guess blowing up entire planets isn't?

So here we have an ascended being about to blow up a planet in the lower plains then another ascended being (Daniel) tries to stop him.

Isn't Daniel the one following the rules by stopping him?

I mean if Daniel had attacked Harak or Anubus' Jaffa that would be one thing but Daniel V.S. Anubus is just One Ascended vs. another isn't it?

What's the dif between Daniel fighting Anubus and Oma doing it?

Correct me if I'm wrong somehow.
                              Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Anubis is partly descended and has no powers beyond his ability to move from body to body, hence his panic when Daniel breaks the rules and goes for him directly.
                                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                                X