Memento (620)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
    fantastic episode, i don't think these people are mentioned again are they?
    No, but I don't think there was much to go back to really. The episode itself was a good one. I really liked it too for the gate raising bit, it echoed the pulling up out of the sand of Earth's gate at Giza in the original movie, that was a nice touch.

It was great episode that explored many parallels that Earth went through. The Daniel like archaeologist who despite the beliefs of his world doggedly pursued the idea that the gate existed and their planet's history was older than officially recorded. The military leader who feared what the gate would bring, what the population would think learining of aliens visiting but the leadership deciding too to keep it from them.

Despite being one of the less popular episodes it is up there amongst my favourites. It captures the spirit of what I feel Stargate is all about, the awe and mystery of new discoveries.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
      No, but I don't think there was much to go back to really. The episode itself was a good one. I really liked it too for the gate raising bit, it echoed the pulling up out of the sand of Earth's gate at Giza in the original movie, that was a nice touch.

It was great episode that explored many parallels that Earth went through. The Daniel like archaeologist who despite the beliefs of his world doggedly pursued the idea that the gate existed and their planet's history was older than officially recorded. The military leader who feared what the gate would bring, what the population would think learining of aliens visiting but the leadership deciding too to keep it from them.

Despite being one of the less popular episodes it is up there amongst my favourites. It captures the spirit of what I feel Stargate is all about, the awe and mystery of new discoveries.
      i thought there was a lot to go back too, they could of been allies in battles with the gou'ld etc. they had similar technology and would of been worthy allies, not ones which always have their own problems or are too advanced to help us out on a regular basis.

Comment

i thought there was a lot to go back too, they could of been allies in battles with the gou'ld etc. they had similar technology and would of been worthy allies, not ones which always have their own problems or are too advanced to help us out on a regular basis.
        I guess so, unfortunately it ends up like it did with other potential allies, no time to revisit and they are just a note in the record of planets visited by SGC teams. You do make a good point that the people of this planet had the potential to be a good ally. It would have been interesting to see allies of similar technology joining in with the fight, but I think the leaders of Earth wanted more superior technology than theirs to use against the Goa'uld and that's why races like these were not approached again.

Comment

I wonder why it was Jack who broadcasted the message to the planet instead of Ronsen, who was the official commanding officer of the vessel. I am glad that Jack did that and totally agreed with the Chairman said about something in Jack's voice gave him confidence that the team is trustworthy.
          sigpic
          Sign by me

Comment

it was an ok ep. nothing more
            Some say that he has only one ear.
            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
            All we know is he's called
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
              it was an ok ep. nothing more
              It was the first stargate ep I ever saw. Lol, aliens with German uniforms.

7/10
              sigpic

Comment

fantastic episode, i don't think these people are mentioned again are they?
                Unfortunately no.
                I would have liked to see a joint mission.
                sigpic

Comment

This was a great episode!

A bit Star Trek to it in the beginning but loved the Prometheus scenes .
                  And when they found the stargate.

I wish we could see more from this planet later. Maybe new allies ?

Rating : 8 / 10

Comment

Good episode, sort of like back to the good old early days.
                    sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this one, great conflict and I think Prometheus is a great ship.
                      sigpic

Comment

From this episode, the speed of the Prometheus' original hyperdrive was 237,383.28c (40.62 Light-years in 90 minutes) and its maximum sublight speed is 1.14c (.38 Light-years in 4 months). I would truly have to congradulate the engineers for making a ship capable of achieving a faster-than-light speed using its sublight drive.
                        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

This is the type of episode I really like. I was intrigued to see Alex Diakun as Tarek, who of course is well-known from appearing in at least 3 or 4 episodes of the New Outer Limits. A reliable character actor always. He did a good job. I'd like to hear alot more about what happened in the case of planets such as Tagrea, Langara and Pangara, whose societies had evolved very close to our own, what their history was like, etc.

I also like this episode because there was nothing gruesome. I abstain from certain episodes that show too much gruesome scenes such as the episode where Baal was killing O'Neil and putting him in the sarcophagus repeatedly. I had to pass on that episode.
                          Last edited by Dave2; 19 December 2011, 02:24 PM.

Comment

This is the type of episode I really dislike. Frustrating, dull, bland and predictable with no ultimate lasting impact on either the show as a whole, or myself as a viewer. And boy, I HATE the Prometheus as a story device.

I wasn't a fan of most of the actors in this one either, nor the characters they portrayed. The Prometheus' commander was utterly unnatural and stilted in his performance, the Tagrean commander was a dick and the professor from the library was really creepy. However, Robert Foxworth, who played the chairman, is always good in whatever I see him in.

How fortunate that Teal'c and Jonas uncovered the small piece of the Stargate cover stone which had the explanation of what had happened(!)

I don't think I can sit through the commentary track for this one - it will be the first one I've skipped, so that's a pretty decent run.

On the upside, the episode did have a brilliant dialogue exchange at the start:
                            - "Teal'c, prepare to assist with damage control."
                            - "I am prepared, O'Neill."
                            but, after that's it's all downhill!

RATING: 5 out of 10
                            Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; 07 January 2012, 08:30 AM.
                            Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

I like this episode!

It made me think of how our world would react if the same thing happened to us. Mind you, we haven't hidden our history, but still, what would happen if intelligent aliens (conveniently speaking our language) came for a visit. Would we try to shoot them out of the sky?
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I stuck a VHS in my Halls of Res machine...(I think...)

1. First look at a properly crewed Prometheus.

2. If those aliens mathpiglet was talking about had accidentally set off an EMP in our atmosphere I think we'd be a bit narked!

3. I don't think that professor could have been 'that' devout a follower of Horus.

4. Did we ever seen Col Ronson again?

Decent enough ep.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X