No announcement yet.

Forsaken (618)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was average episode for the 6th season.

It was cool how Jonas tricked the liars (specifically the woman).

The sequel to this story will be next season's "Space Race."

Tomorrow, a very important episode for the Free Jaffa Rebellion.
    sigpic

Comment

I have always thought this was a pretty decent episode.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by liminoid View Post
        Are we really to believe that the stereotypical Scottish love for strong drink has survived in thousands of years of isolation on another planet? This was almost as bad as the Native American stereotypes used in the "Spirits" episode. Except there the ugly aliens were afraid to show their true appearance to the humans they protected, while here they also played the role of protector to humans but seemed to have no shame in their hideousness. Anyone else see a parallel between these episodes?

Or maybe the aliens don't look so bad after you've had a few, making the coincidence of Scottish drunkenness and the ugliness of the native aliens fortuitous indeed.
        I'm not sure how you even drew that conclusion. The humanish aliens were thought to come from the Celts, not stereotypical Scottish drunkenness as you put it. You're stereotype is a relatively modern viewpoint, and not from the "ancient" so to speak civilization where the ancestors were thought to come from. And where are you getting drunkenness from? One character had a couple of sips of a drink, that was equivalent to alcohol. Since when does three sips lead to drunkenness? And how are you drawing that because one character had a few sips of a drink, cause the whole society to reflect upon Scottish drunkenness. Was there a behind the scenes featurette I missed? Maybe some deleted scenes I didn't see of the guy in a kilt singing a loud drunken Scottish Song? You've taken quiet a lot of liberties with one 30 second scene.

Anyway, as for the episode it self, it was meh. I agree it was one of Jonas' best moments since we've seen him on the show. Yet another alien guy has a crush on Carter - at least this one lived (as far as we know).

I for one am surprised on how stupid Carter was in the episode. Why in the heck, did she allow her guard down as much as she did and sat their innocently flirting with the guy? Come'on Carter you're smarter than that! It took her way to long to figure out something wasn't right. All she saw was a shiny new alien technology to play with, apparently that makes the aliens they know nothing about trustworthy? She just seemed to out of character in this episode.
        Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Maybe Jack went off astronomy... *shrugs*
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
            At this point in the series, it was more important to the writers to make Jack funny than it was to make him smart. Unfortunately.

Seaboe
            Hmmm, whilst Jack was still shown to be smart with the way he shrewdly assessed situations, also, as Sam said, "break things down to their simplest levels" on occasion, whilst being funny at the same time, it really fell flat with the telescope scene I thought. It was not necessary to do that to Jack for the sake of making him 'funny'.

Comment

I quite like this episode even if its predictable. Its obvious that the crew of the Cerbus are hiding something but to the extent of what they are is something I did not expect. If anything I liked developing a new species. It makes me sad we never really learn more about them. Yes we had Space Race in S7 but it ends their and I wanted to learn more how thier ion drives are different compared to hyperspace travel and how they defeated the Goa'uld. The best part is Jonas is outsmarting the criminals. Its why I liked Jonas so much better then Daniel. He seemed a lot more clever when it came to outsmarting his enemies.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't mind this ep. There has been a lot worse this season.

Don't like how similar to Chaka the aliens look.

Good work by Jonas.
                sigpic

Comment

Request permission to join SG-1 - Since my alarm bells always go off, way before theirs, I would be a real life-saver

The aliens were good looking, and Jonas was smart (and lucky Jack knew how to read the signs he gave)

Good ep.

Comment

The episode was better second time around. The first time I found it very annoying. It’s obvious the convicts are “bad” and it takes to long to play out. Sam eating up the flirting was grinding teeth and that little blond hair kid needed to be zat’ed three times.

My take on Jack’s telescope fumbling is his continuation of playing the “ignorant card.”

I noticed multiple comments about the weapons, which i agree the sounds were cheesy. Honestly though, they are very similar to the weapons in “New Ground” and even similar to the Wraith weapons of SGA. I also seem to remember other episodes with similar weapons but I’m not sure.

One thing that bothered me was how easy they found the shelter. In two years the convicts never went that 20-30mins into the woods, found the shelter, and wiped out the remaining survivors? I doubt that.

I also noticed posters stating how they liked the humans being “bad” and the aliens “good.” I think it’s a continued theme throughout SG-1 & SGA that humans of other planets are not “as good” as Earth humans. I was thinking after watching “Cure” that whenever we meet a human culture of similar technology/advancement they lack all moral fortitude or common sense. I am referring to humans within 50-100 years of Earth, either way, in terms of the tech. So not the Tolan.

Episode examples through Season 6:

Prisoners (probably more advanced though)
                    Learning Curve
                    The Other Side
                    New Ground
                    Cure
                    Forsaken
                    Memnto

(also notice the same theme in SGA)

Comment

Liked the episode but there is one thing I didn't get. At one point Jack finds a bag of human dog tags. This made it seem like the aliens were collecting trophies. Why would human prisoners have dog tags and why would the aliens collect them?

Comment

Stargazing leads to them finding a "crashed" ship and all is not what it seems to be.

A prison transport gone wrong... they never say what the trio was in for but I'm guessing piracy? The way that woman is oogling Jonas' gold, which he then drops when she kisses him. Well-played Jonas, well-played... I hope.

The prisoner's coverstory about the other aliens being savages. Who would have bought that? They didn't look barbarian to me... seriously, they had to work on that one.

Carter gets to tinker with alien technology, so not at all a bad day... apart from being clubbed over the head of course.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Maybe too late to reply but how do barbarians look???? Does their hair stand abrizzled, do they have long teeth or long knives, do they have bloody eyes???? As the saying goes - don't evaluate a book by its cover (or such similar words).
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

Well the first scene is them shooting at them. Its natural for SG1 to believe the barbarians angle since they were being fired on
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                              Maybe too late to reply but how do barbarians look???? Does their hair stand abrizzled, do they have long teeth or long knives, do they have bloody eyes???? As the saying goes - don't evaluate a book by its cover (or such similar words).
                              You and I seem to have a very different idea about what a barbarian looks like.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Then tell me - how do barbarians look like? Please?
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X