Disclosure (617)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
    A very good "low-budget" episode with most of the cast on vacation(!) It just leaves us wondering that now that these governments (and apparently ONLY these governments) know about the Stargate, what happens next in terms of international involvement in the Stargate program??
    I would suggest you keep watching to find out.
    sigpic

Comment

Personally I think Disclosure was a very good and important episode in one way. It helps the viewer get the whole picture of SG and SG1 into perspective, reminds the viewer of the how things developed, and sort of puts all the pieces together. One every year or two would have been even better.

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
      I would suggest you keep watching to find out.

Comment

Eurgh, clip shows. I understand perfectly why they exist, but they are excruciating to have to sit through. The story surrounding the clips is quite enjoyable here which helps.

RATING: 6 out of 10
        Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

I stuck a VHS into the Halls of Residence machine...

1. Even though this was a clipshow I was actually relatively looking forward to it given that we saw the first sign of British involvement here.

2. Kinsey was a bleep and I remember someone saying that the argument between him and Hammond made the whole episode very unrealistic. Yeah but probably not as interesting(relatively speaking) either.

3. Good thing Hammond was able to play his "pick up Thor" though.

Allright for a clipshow I guess.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I liked this episode, it's one of my favorite clip-shows I've seen.

This is a very significant episode in regards to the franchise, even if it is a clip-show. I don't how an episode like this could be done without being a clipshow.

Could they have used a newer picture of Daniel? The one they used looks a bit dated.

When Thor mocked Kinsey about rant, was awesome, knocked Kinsey down a notch.

Tomorrow, I don't know, haven't seen it in a while.
            sigpic

Comment

One of my favorite episodes, bar none.

Comment

NOt a favorite episode of mine. Although it was the first stargate episode I ever saw the person who introduced me to the show had me watch this episode first. As far as clip shows go, is great, but overall in the stargate verse, not the best.

I did like Thor owning Kinsey, that was, and always will be awesome in my books. To bad he didn't follow. O'Neill's advice
                Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Haven't seen this one in a long while. Still as entertaining as ever for a clip show. I have to say Stargate did clip shows really well. Kinsey just will not give up, he's just so wonderfully sneaky, always a joy to see him put in his place by Thor! It's just one of those memorable scenes of Stargate.

This time round it was funny to notice that the table they are sitting at made its way to Atlantis' conference room. Good reuse of a set piece!

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Good stuff, for a clip show
                    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I made this statement back when I reviewed Politics is that clip shows depend on the reason and importance behind the clips. And that is what sells Disclosure so well. The dialouge and story behind the clips is so crucial and lays the groundwork for many future story arcs that I think it works. The tensions between Hammond and the other world powers works and their motivation for being angry with the US is understandable. Although nothing works between than Hammond and Kinsey's battle of words. Their is quite a bit of tension as the two justify their position to the rest of the world. Thor's appearence has a huge wow factor but at the same time it seems like a too easy solution for the problem of the bickering between the world powers.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

And it was great watching the other powers quickly go "Ok, you win"

Comment

I liked this ep more this time than I have on previous watches.

Kinsey was at his worst. I actually clapped at the end when Thor showed him up.

sigpic

Comment

Why wasn't Australia in the meeting???????
                            sigpic
                            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Australia doesn't sit on the UN Security Council, and at that point had played no role in the SG Program. The nations attending the meeting also represented the bulk of global military power. Australia was excluded for that reason.

Comment

I don't like these flashback shows, this was kind of cool though. And I understand they had to get the "new" viewers up to date (and possible save the budget). And the scenes in the Security Council was good, I like the actor playing Kinsey. Thor saved the day, but I missed Jack and the others, they should have been there - They could have brought Teal'c in to explain?

Comment

Working...
                                X