Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
    Thors fingers were kinda sexy
    What kind of freaky fetish is that?! Oh well I didn't understand how Kinsey's scenario was good, and how the delegates thought his was reasonable, i didnt!, but of course, i never want to haha...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

You just have to look at them a certain way, I wont reveal it though.

Comment

That OK, haha... Thats kind of scaring me now

Gosh, Thor should come down more often, since he does get attention, haha...
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Hi ladies, wanna see my alien friend?
          *get smacked in the face*

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
            Thor is one of our best allies. Always there to help us out. I hope he never gets hurt
            He got hurt a few times... by the Replicators and ANUBIS.

Comment

This episode was probably my 2nd least favourite of the season after Abyss...

It just didnt add up for me, they were all all for shuting down the gate, until Thor turned up, made a fool of Kinsey and left... then theyl, all of a sudden, all changed their minds... As much as we a clip show was destined for this season, and the plt wasnt actually that bad. I was a bit disapointed with the way the episode actually panned out...

Comment

Good old Thor though, and I liked Kinsey being moaned at! lol
                __

__

Comment

They needed to save their budget for the end of the season (can we say $100,000 USD + just for the ONE effect act near the end of the season finale) so it was a typical clip show with a classic deus ex machina at the end, what's more to say?

Comment

very frail... thor... skinny arms and fingers.

Comment

Spoiler alert for episode Discloure
                      ]]
                      ]
                      ]
                      ]
                      ]
                      ]
                      ]
                      ]
                      ]
                      ]
                      ]
                      ]
                      ]
                      ]
                      There, I've satisfied the spoiler 'rules,' altho anyone who hasn't seen season six or this episode shouldn't have opened this thread in the first place. So there, if it's spoiled for you, it's your own darn fault!

Anyway, a local UPN network showed this episode last night, and it brought to mind a few questions I've wondered before. First of all, why were those particular countries invited to this summit? Great Britain and France I understand (altho if this had been filmed AFTER the Iraqi war began......). But what was China doing there? We (US govt) don't particularly like China or trust them (political repression, human rights violations). I just loved the line when the Chinese ambassador said "The Chinese government doesn't lie to its people." Har har, good one. You don't imprison political dissidents, either, do you?

I also wondered where some other countries were. I know the explanation they gave was something about "countries with the greatest military strength" or something like that. But Great Britain is rather small, size-wise, but so is Japan. And Japan probably has cooler technology for their soldiers. And what about Germany? They've supposedly been a political ally of the US (well, again, if this was filmed NOW....)

OOOH, wait, possible spoilers for later seasons:

Also, since that episode, I haven't seen much interaction with soldiers or governments represented at this summit. Except for Russia, of course, but even they have had a limited role. So what happened to the cooperation they all pledged? Has it been discussed at all?

Comment

it was the UN Security Council.

Comment

Britain is small, but were smarter, we don’t go shooting the men of countries fighting WITH US, also, I thought China had something against the US they were going to release to the public?

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

China certainly had something against the US in this episode. The UK was as supportive as I expected but China were a bit evil not agreeing to the terms, since the US didn't have to share that information.
                            __

__

Comment

As they guy said, it was the UN security council so having China there made sense.

This suited the writes well for they could use China as the bad guy easily and have them be the ones that need to be won over. This then makes it easier to justify showing clips from episodes where the most daring things have happened and the most spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                                it was the UN Security Council.

That's true, they are permanent members of the Security Council, but that isn't what General Hammond said at the beginning. He mentioned something about the countries with great military force or military might, or something to that effect, I don't recall exact words. That's what made me wonder.

Comment

Working...
                                X