X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What - you mean I'm going to have to...

Watch the episode on DVD again?

OMG - what a hardship!

PS - Hello Simey - may I just take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum!
    sigpic

Comment

Nice episode
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

i like this ep, really nice to see maybourne- he makes me laugh. nice to see the interaction between sam and teal'c too in the locker room

sig by starlover1990

Comment

It was okay, not nearly as good as 'It's good to be King' in season 8.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
            It was okay, not nearly as good as 'It's good to be King' in season 8.
            Really? In my opinion it kicks 'It's good to be King's butt. Probably cause I'm a huge Jack fan and he was much better in this one.
            "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

I agree; I feel that this one is better - it is perhaps the best Maybourne/Jack episode as it takes their prickly, semi-mutually-respectful relationship and dumps them (and it) on another planet with no means of getting home.

Brilliant stuff.
              sigpic

Comment

for me i like this one more than its good to be king. i thought its good to be king was good too but this one was better

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                  for me i like this one more than its good to be king. i thought its good to be king was good too but this one was better
                  I agree- I love both episodes, but Paradise Lost is my favourite, everything about it- the music, the photography, the scenery, the story and the characters was done so well, and it's such a re-watchable episode.

Comment

Its almost in a weird way, a sequel to A Hundred Days. We saw Sam's reaction to Jack being lost in that one and this episode took it one step further.
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                      Its almost in a weird way, a sequel to A Hundred Days. We saw Sam's reaction to Jack being lost in that one and this episode took it one step further.
                      Oh.....never really thought of it that way, but probably because I can't stand A Hundred Days.

But good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                        Oh.....never really thought of it that way, but probably because I can't stand A Hundred Days.
                        I loved that episode. One of my favorites from Season 3. Shame you don't think so as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

I loved that episode. One of my favorites from Season 3. Shame you don't think so as well.
                          Really? I couldn't stop cringing all the way through.....Jack's alien romance was.....ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                            Really? I couldn't stop cringing all the way through.....Jack's alien romance was.....ugh.
                            Well, I wasn't too crazy about it either. It was the premise behind the episode that intrigued me so much.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I wasn't too crazy about it either. It was the premise behind the episode that intrigued me so much.
                              The premise intriqued me as well. I guess I should be on the 100 Days thread
                              First the theme of abandoning hope and starting a new life. Jack does not give up easily - parts of him never let go.
                              Then of course the small community needing to reestablish itself. It not only needs crops if it is going to survive but it needs children. Jack does seem like a willing participant but he is intoxicated and has been persued (not that these are excuses)
                              Paradise Lost - here Jack doesn't give in to dispare (Lara was better looking than Maybourne) I think the fact of the destruction of the Stargate on Lara's planet devistated O'Neill - here he thinks they'll find him. The plant was an interesting twist - it was the dispare in a weed if they chose to eat it.
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Anyone else feel bad that Jack seems to always be the one getting left behind for long periods of time? I guess it makes sense; he is the most patient one.

Comment

Working...
                                X