No announcement yet.

Paradise Lost (615)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, new to this forum. This is my favorite episode because it was so quiet and showed the black ops side of Jack and Maybourne. Maybourne rocks and I hope he is in a lot of future episodes. RDA rocks as always. I wish there was a bit more Jonas. Oh well great ep.

Comment

Hi there Malcolm.

I certainly agree with your assessment. This is a great episode - and Maybourne does indeed rock (fishing with explosives is not good for the environment, kids!).

He is without doubt one of my three favourite recurring characters (the others being Jacob and Bra'tac - just for the record).

I still reckon there's an anti-salad subtext hiding in there somewhere, though!
      sigpic

Comment

i like that episode! too bad for the furlings....oh...i hoped something bad would happen to maybourne...damn!............a little stupid goa'uld with a little sticky stupid planet....destroyed the furlings......too bad..........
        by the way...now i am sure the furlings were very much like humans!

i dont understand why the asgard dont tell us about them...or about the nox nad the ancient....

do they not know? do they not care? maybe they cant tell because its a closed and secret allience??!

Comment

We haven't exactly asked the Nox or the Asgard about the Furlings. I'm sure they'd love to tell us stories of "Back in my day... we had to walk in the snow barefoot uphill both ways...", but whenever we meet these particular aliens we have more important things to discuss. Saving the galaxy somehow takes precedence over the Furlings, shocking I know.
          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
            We haven't exactly asked the Nox or the Asgard about the Furlings. I'm sure they'd love to tell us stories of "Back in my day... we had to walk in the snow barefoot uphill both ways...", but whenever we meet these particular aliens we have more important things to discuss. Saving the galaxy somehow takes precedence over the Furlings, shocking I know.
            what is shoking? i did not understand what you are saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Thor of The Asgard
              what is shoking? i did not understand what you are saying...
              I was being sarcastic. Sorry if that wasn't clear...
              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

My favourite Stargate ep (so of ocuse I much post about it).....Love the filiming, the Lord of the Flies-like feel, fishing with a grenade, Jack shooting Maybourne twice, lots of Maybourne, sad Sam, the gorgeous scenery (anyone know what park it's filmed in? I am going there sometime ), Fulring involvement, I could go on.....

(we need a Maybourne smiley)

Comment

I enjoy most episodes where Jack and Harry are working together. They make a great team (Harry should've joined SG1!!!). The only thing I didn't like about the show and this extends to other eps, is when Sam got zatted by Maybourne in the back (at very close range) how is it that she recovered so quickly??? I loved the interaction between Sam and Teal'c in the locker room and I loved the way Jack spoke to Harry at the end when they got rescued - very nice!!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I realy liked harry and jacks relationship as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

Me too. There's a great combination of prickly distrust and grudging respect in it that works so well.

Add a bit of hallucinogenic salad leaf, sit back, and enjoy!
                      sigpic

Comment

And guns don't forget to add guns.
                        sigpic

Comment

good epsiode lied the whole i think he's going to kill me feeling and the gernade in the pond....poor fish
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

But the scene was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                              Me too. There's a great combination of prickly distrust and grudging respect in it that works so well.

Add a bit of hallucinogenic salad leaf, sit back, and enjoy!
                              lol. same here. i like mayboure he makes me laugh, it was really nice to see him back

sig by starlover1990

Comment

When will we see him again I wonder.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X