No announcement yet.

Sight Unseen (613)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack hates replicators but does he hate these bugs? They looked like one that were see everyday but only bigger.

Comment

You know, I and my dad are both loyal fans of SG-1 but when we saw some episode with very lame premise, our analyze could be covered in one simple word: "Mongols ". As you probably know, episode that shocked us was the fourth one, " Emancipation". But I guess that after the story about terribly dangerous creatures who are such dangerous simple becouse people see them and this abillity is created by touching of previous person with it, our code wil be now "Bugs".

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
        A bit of an up and down episode. Why could the bugs foat through some things and crawl over others?
        Becuase if they only went across them, how would anyone know they were magic bugs?
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

There's a great sci-fi story by Gardner Dozis, called "Chains of the Sea". The idea there is identical -there are creatures on earth that live in another dimension (out-of-phase? ). In that story, most of the creatures are also weird funny-looking "bugs", like here, though their interactions with the "real" world are touched upon in greater detail (e.g. one species sucks a certain kind of fluid out of cows, and the loss of that fluid is the reason why cows lose their inborn superior intelligence ). I really recommend it. :]

Comment

Not the best episode of SG1 ever, but not horrible.

Comment

This ep started off being interesting and even showed some promise, but then the second half was about finding Vernon and that's when I stopped caring.

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                This ep started off being interesting and even showed some promise, but then the second half was about finding Vernon and that's when I stopped caring.
                I was less interested in that half too--though I did enjoy the Sam-Jonas moment when they were interviewing his grandmother.

Comment

Not a great episode, the whole hysteria thing could have been more hightlighted, like maybe a montage of funny situations of people freaking out!
                  Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

It probably wasn't one of the better episodes, but I really liked Teal'c's reaction (his eyes went as big as saucers) when he started seeing the bugs.

Comment

what i liked most about this episode was that it made me think about schizophrenic suffers.
                      If the out of phrase thing was possible, then made the visons suffers have are actually there but unable to be seen by humans without a ability to see out of phase.
                      any thoughts

Comment

The ONLY thing I could really stomach in this episode was the Alf/Macgyver joke at the end.
                        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                        Daniel: Oh! You see?
                        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Yep, I have to agree it was a pretty weak episode.

Comment

It was the brightly colored bugs that really got me. They were just so... unrealistic.

But then, this is scifi
                            YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

Originally posted by button
                              what i liked most about this episode was that it made me think about schizophrenic suffers.
                              If the out of phrase thing was possible, then made the visons suffers have are actually there but unable to be seen by humans without a ability to see out of phase.
                              any thoughts
                              The majority of schizophrenics suffer from auditory hallucinations, not visual ones, especially, not like the "bugs" seen in this episode. However, the character (?Vernon) that had been in the Gulf, and was running away, did display classic paranoid behavior. I thought Jack handled him very well.

Was that too clinical? I could add some jokes........

Now, back to the topic at hand. I did not like Sight Unseen. It seemed to me like everyone was just going through the motions of acting, but there was no real humor or pathos in it. And the bugs themselves were kinda......weak?
                              "After all is said and done, more is said, than done." - Unknown

Comment

I liked this episode. Noticed it had a minimal amount of Jack, guess part of RDA's scaling back during Season 6. I liked how Jack jokingly referred to it as a bug zapper, then they started seeing bugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X