No announcement yet.

Unnatural Selection (612)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What they did to Fifth was both morally wrong and amazingly stupid. If they would have brought Fifth with them willingly the Asgard could have figure out a way to take out the replicators permanently rather than tying them up for a while. It was a good move that would insure the temporary disabling of the replicators, however the long term repercussions were incalculable.
    sigpic

Comment

I saw this episode the other night and it seemed like O'Neill was really hesitant to help Thor. Why was that? My first thought was the ship SG-1 was in was not fully finished and any damage could probably be fatal, my second thought was that maybe he was not sure how to help Thor and the Asgard and needed more time to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco View Post
        This was the first episode I saw and I really enjoied it because it wasn't a clear "victory" for the good guys. I liked the fact that it made me stop and think... "Was that really the right thing to do?", "Was it the moral thing?".

I liked the fact that they left it open ended.

When a TV show gets me to stop and think I sit up and take notice.
        I agree. For a time I thought I feel sorry for Fifth but at the same time if the replicators escaped all galaxies will be wiped out by the replicators. Ida, Milky way and Pegasus even the Ori galaxy will be wiped out and all the voids between will be filled with replicators. Even the Asurans will be at the mercy of these replicators

They are the single most unstoppable force in the galaxy
        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post

Although why First wasn't too bothered about them escaping is a whole different question...
          Because time is rather insignificant to a replicator, and this way allowed them to get their ideas of the evils of humanity through to Fifth.

Comment

The way I see it, its either they leave 5th behind or they all get caught, and its game over for SG-1. There's really only 1 path the story can go. Unless of course they rewrite the situation, where Mr Fifth cannot be detected or whatever, but that would be a pretty typical happy ending.

What I like about Stargate SG1 here is that its not always the everyone-live-happily-ever-after ending. Sacrifices must be made, not all the good guys must always be saved

If everything is so ethical in Stargate and no good guys die, then its boring and is no different from other series out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
              The way I see it, its either they leave 5th behind or they all get caught, and its game over for SG-1. There's really only 1 path the story can go. Unless of course they rewrite the situation, where Mr Fifth cannot be detected or whatever, but that would be a pretty typical happy ending.

What I like about Stargate SG1 here is that its not always the everyone-live-happily-ever-after ending. Sacrifices must be made, not all the good guys must always be saved

If everything is so ethical in Stargate and no good guys die, then its boring and is no different from other series out there.
              that's what i love about it too, this episode was full of ethical dilemmas which is enjoyable imo

Comment

Although Jack told everyone that he has done the right thing, I don't think he really believes so. It's hard to make a life-and-death decision for the team and more sad if they do not realize that it's for their own goods. For Sam and Teal'c they have had enough adventures with Jack that they would understand his true motive behind, but it could be doubtful for Jonas.

I always think that if Daniel was there he would has a brilliant debate over the Fifth thing with Jack, and he might probably talk him into bringing him along.

For funny moments, the ice-cream scene is hilarious, also the moment when Jack told Sam that the SGC would not allow him to name the ship 'The Enterprise', he looks like a kid.
                sigpic
                Sign by me

Comment

one of those episodes that make you think about what you would have done. personally iwould have agreed with jack.
                  Some say that he has only one ear.
                  And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                  All we know is he's called
                  sigpic

Comment

It was a good episode with lots of replicators!

Jack did the right thing , leaving Fifth behind. Now I think we'll see more of Fifth later

The icecream scene was hilarious

Rating : 8 / 10
                    Last edited by balo; 20 May 2009, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                      Jack was willing to leave Fifth because he refuses to see anything mechanical as having a right to life. His robot double had to die before he could accept that maybe it had been alive and he never had the slightest interest in reasoning with Reese.
                      I'm sorry but I do not agree. It's a matter of risk evaluation. Taking fifth with them is a very high risk. He is a replicator. Like Reese, he may build replicators that he would believe that he can control and if he loses, the galaxy will become infested by them.

Or in another situation, if he gets angry or throws a tantrum, nobody can stop him. Because conventional weapons or any other weapon (until they built the ancient weapon) does not have any effect on human replicators. So if fifth decides to act by his natural behavior, it will create a problem in the galaxy that nobody will be able to handle. It is a risk not worth taking. Basically fifth is like a supernova that has not blown up and risking the chance of exposing the galaxy to him is not wise.

It was a hard decision but I think Jack made the right choice in the end.

As for robots, if Jack didn't think their mechanical doubles are not life forms, he would have had them blown up. He did agree not to send a bomb after them as long as they lived peacefully without interfering with other life forms.

Comment

Originally posted by balo View Post
                        The icecream scene was hilarious
                        Jonas practises reloading P-90 "My hands are covered in blisters - they aren't going to work any faster"
                        Was that because of the icecream?
                        sigpic
                        Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Great Episode. The end of it also makes you think about what they did and if it was really the right thing to do.
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

great episode
                            sigpic

Comment

I hate to echo what everyone has been saying on this thread, but having seen this episode more than once, I have to say the the dilemma they faced in the end was difficult as well as truly heartbreaking. Although O'Neill made the right the decision, I imagine it was one of the most difficult ones he had to make, esp. being well aware of what Carter and Jonas felt about it. The actor who played 5th conveyed such a deep sense of betrayal at the end...

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
                                I hate to echo what everyone has been saying on this thread, but having seen this episode more than once, I have to say the the dilemma they faced in the end was difficult as well as truly heartbreaking. Although O'Neill made the right the decision, I imagine it was one of the most difficult ones he had to make, esp. being well aware of what Carter and Jonas felt about it. The actor who played 5th conveyed such a deep sense of betrayal at the end...
                                but it was necessary but everyone involed did a good job playing that scene
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X