• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emily_reich
    <snippage>

and of course baal is in it
    Ba'al makes everything better!

Comment

Great Daniel Jack scenes and with a drop of Baal what more can you want??

Comment

I think jack was really well acted in this episode you could almost feel he was at the limit of what he could take from Ba'al. And his little chat's with daniel were great.
        And even thiough Ba'al was torturing jack he still did it with style you've got to admire him for that.He's got to be my favourite goa'uld. Although his guards looked like the village people on a night out!
        It was a good one for people missing daniel and a great episode for me because I like jack when he's on form with his quotes!

Comment

Yay the return of Daniel. This episode was one of most awaited as I personally think Daniel is in the core of Stargate and without him it doesnt work as well. Baals spinning prison was great aswell as the cool conversations between Jack and Daniel.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I don't think Daniel is the core of Stargate. I think each of the four original team members brought their own perspective to the show, and without any of the them it doesn't work as well, whether it was Daniel in season six or Jack now in season nine. That said, it is just a tv show, so I don't think anyone would hold it against them for making the personal decision to leave.
            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by Perriman33
              I think jack was really well acted in this episode you could almost feel he was at the limit of what he could take from Ba'al. And his little chat's with daniel were great
              The best bit about Jack's response to his plight was the sheer understatement of it. The quiet desperation had so much more impact than histrionics or endless blubbing would have done. As you said - you could practically feel Jack's being at the end of his tether.

Yet another magnificent performance from RDA.

And even thiough Ba'al was torturing jack he still did it with style you've got to admire him for that.He's got to be my favourite goa'uld
              Yes indeed. Mine too. He may be as evil as they come, but he's definitely got the style to carry it off with aplomb.

Although his guards looked like the village people on a night out!
              Last edited by Chaka's_Mum; 09 October 2005, 10:18 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                The best bit about Jack's response to his plight was the sheer understatement of it. The quite desperation had so much more impact than histrionics or endless blubbing would have done. As you said - you could practically feel Jack's being at the end of his tether.

Yet another magnificent performance from RDA.
                What more can I say, I love this episode and just for the very reason you've summed up so beautifully.

Comment

Yes, I think RDA is often underestimated.

Comment

I loved this episode. The probally could have made it a 2 parter and should us more stuff.

Comment

I loved this episode and I am glad they showed Daniel and htey mentioned the torture Jack endured while in the army

Comment

I can't think of a more appropriate term than to say this was a beautiful episode, in 2 regards -

- The direction, scenes, dialogue were amazing...Jacks' 'Thats where you're wrong!!' outburst, hell that whole scene, was completely moving as far as I'm concerned...

- The differences between Jack/Daniel friendship now that Daniel is ascended, and the extreme nature of Jacks' situation, really make it seem like Daniel is torn in 2 over helping a close friend and abiding by the rules of the life that he has chosen. Their friendship was excellently portrayed here.

Also, those piano notes that play at times throughout the episode...I dare anyone to hear that and not feel sorry for Jack being tortured....and as for Ba'al...what can I say, perfect villian, perfectly acted by Cliff Simon....

I'll stop ranting there, and perhaps go watch it again!

Comment

One of the best episodes of the entire series! The acting is among the best of the series. RDA's performance is his best since The Fifth Race. Cliff Simon is at his best as Ba'al. It's great to see MS in this episode with one of his all-time best performances. The conversations between O'neill and Jackson are incredibly well written.

The scenes on Earth don't lack far behind. Corin Nuemec finally brings the character of Jonas into full focus. AT, CJ, and Davis do well in this episode.

The production values, the writing, the music and everything else works very very well!

A must see episode!

timdalton007

Comment

I got really emotional when jack was telling Daneil to end it, also I felt Jacks frustration when he told Daniel if things were reversed he would smash the whole place up and kill baal, when daniel said the others would stop them and Jack says "theyd have a hell of a fight on their hands". A really great episode.

Comment

this was a high level episode...they really brought the acting up a few levels...congrats to the pruducers....

Comment

Recently while rewatching the series, I finally noticed how goo dthe acting actually was in this episode. I've always kind of liked the episode, Ba'al can be quite entertaining for a goa'uld, but the acting between Daniel and Jack is superb, and having noticed that, has moved this episode right up there among my faves.
                                Those who live with no fear inevitably lead boring lives, for fear is the element within our hearts that breathes excitement into our souls.

Comment

Working...
                                X