Abyss (606)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    I would have LOVED seeing him as a Tokra. Being an unwilling host and all that. Wonder how RDA would have handled acting the two different parts. God I would have loved to see that.

It's possible that the writers either didn't think to create an episode like that, or couldn't come up with a viable story. In either case, I too would have enjoyed that kind of episode.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

It's possible that the writers either didn't think to create an episode like that, or couldn't come up with a viable story. In either case, I too would have enjoyed that kind of episode.
      I think that the actual circumstances were that RDA cut back on his work time to spend time with Wylie, so they needed a reason to cut back his screen time. Abyss was an ep that was very RDA centric, but didn't require any of the rest of SG-1, so they could film Nightwalkers and Abyss simultaneously and RDA had a whole ep that he didn't have to be in.

But that would have been a great story!
      I don't know how to make a fancy signature... so, I'll pull a McKay and think... I've got an idea! My signature: + = true love.... elegant in it's simplicity, yes?

Comment

Oh, I know that RDA cut back his time but that was a story I would have loved to see!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          Oh, I know that RDA cut back his time but that was a story I would have loved to see!
          Oh, definitely! That would have been a great episode!
          I don't know how to make a fancy signature... so, I'll pull a McKay and think... I've got an idea! My signature: + = true love.... elegant in it's simplicity, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by SheilaJane47 View Post
            I think that the actual circumstances were that RDA cut back on his work time to spend time with Wylie, so they needed a reason to cut back his screen time. Abyss was an ep that was very RDA centric, but didn't require any of the rest of SG-1, so they could film Nightwalkers and Abyss simultaneously and RDA had a whole ep that he didn't have to be in.

But that would have been a great story!
            You're saying that he cut back his time way back in season 6? It was my understanding that didn't happen until season 8.

Comment

You're saying that he cut back his time way back in season 6? It was my understanding that didn't happen until season 8.
              It started in S6 its just not as obvious until S8.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                It started in S6 its just not as obvious until S8.
                Pity. I know that Cliff Simon enjoyed working with him. I loved their interaction in the different episodes. I could have watched much more of that.

Comment

Oh yeah, Jack mocking Ba'al are some of my more favorite sarcastic Jack moments. It's good to know Cliff enjoyed working with RDA.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Pity. I know that Cliff Simon enjoyed working with him. I loved their interaction in the different episodes. I could have watched much more of that.
                    I think when two actors are enjoy each other (or hate each other) it shows in their acting
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

No, actually, he started the cut back in season six, then took a bit more time off in season seven, and then really cut back in season 8. They explain it in the audio commentary for... Frozen, I think? Or, maybe they mention it in passing during "Enemy Mine" or "Fragile Balance" (both season seven). I do remember them mentioning that season five was RDA's last season full time.

Comment

probably one of my favorite episodes of season 6

Comment

My most favorite Ba'al episode ever!!!

Comment

Baal is just the best in this episode. Soooo cool and calm about torturing jack. The relationship between jack and daniel is also really good. The ways in which their views differ.
                            "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

I guess Daniel must had something to do with the rescue plan that Teal'c and Carter were came up with. Even he was ascended and could not interfere directly with what's happening he still came to comfort Jack and let him knew he was not alone. Great acting of RDA and MS!
                              sigpic
                              Sign by me

Comment

I love this episode.It is my season favorite after Full Circle.

Comment

Working...
                                X