No announcement yet.

Nightwalkers (605)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I seem to have remembered from this episode is the part where Jonas dips that fried onion into his milkshake. And him enjoying the palette of new tastes.

It's a fun Earth-based episode, which doesn't require O'Neill (who is conveniently still out of the picture). Just Teal'c, Carter and Jonas having a good time in a little town, infested with infant goa'uld clones acting out their early teenage years by building a ship to run away from home. Or something like that... Or perhaps plan world domination -- which does come in later, towards the end.

Also, I'd like to sign up for Carter's classes: wormhole physics, motorcycle riding and lock picking.
    Doesn't necessarily have to be in that order.

How would you rate SG-1's "Nightwalkers?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

While it's a fairly okay episode, I'm not particularly wow-ed by it so in comparison to the first 4 this only gets a fair.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

i always liked the overall ideas as well as the flow of the episode, i was impresed by the whole building a earth space ship by aliens on earth, i was like, cooll, and the escaped gouuld was a surprise that made sense and makes sense the NID were doing what they were doing, but that could have easily backfired if the gouuld knew schematics for bombs theyve never used before because the bombs are too.... dangerous? or even if they had the ability to program and build small nanite builders that could simultaniously defend them etc

Comment

The idea that they chose to build a ship and not weapons, or a bomb in this case, made me compare them to angry teenagers. How many times have we not, as teenagers, felt like our parents were treating us unfairly and thought it was better some other place (you know, the grass is always greener on the other side).

Actually, they were faster wanting to get off this planet than they were to dominate it.

Comment

i guess they didnt like the tv programming or food selection :/

Comment

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
            i guess they didnt like the tv programming or food selection :/

Comment

The episode was shot at Moncton Street, in Steveston, what is near Vancouver and it is also the home of the Once Upon A Time series. I believe they parked in the same street like in OUAT, but the lamps looked different.
              http://rdanderson.com/stargate/location/location3.htm
              https://www.google.com/maps/@49.1252...7i13312!8i6656
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                The episode was shot at Moncton Street, in Steveston, what is near Vancouver and it is also the home of the Once Upon A Time series. I believe they parked in the same street like in OUAT, but the lamps looked different.
                http://rdanderson.com/stargate/location/location3.htm
                https://www.google.com/maps/@49.1252...7i13312!8i6656
                I knew it was Storybrooke. The set dressing for OUAT is brilliant and they really know how to transform a street, but I recognized the features of the street. Some things you just can't hide.

Comment

I've never watched X-Files, so i don't catch the similarities, and again, I never saw this episode, but I liked it. It's good to see Samantha as team captain, and she's an effective leader. Jonas was also good, and he's his own character. Sam sure dresses well...she always looks sharp in civvies.

I especially liked seeing Sam Ward as one of the baddies...the big guy with the beard and gravelly voice. I saw a lot of him on Canadian TV, and it was entertaining with the usual quirky small town. The one I grew up in was just dull.

Comment

3-episode quiz: Frozen, Nightwalkers & Abyss

Jigsaw puzzle: Nightwalkers

Comment

Puzzle 11:52

I can do better, but I'm recovering from neck and spine surgery after injuring my right side awhile back and my right hand and arm are not working up to normal capacity. Doing jigsaw puzzles has helped that, though, and I enjoy doing them. So thank you for providing a challenge for me.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        Puzzle 11:52

I can do better, but I'm recovering from neck and spine surgery after injuring my right side awhile back and my right hand and arm are not working up to normal capacity. Doing jigsaw puzzles has helped that, though, and I enjoy doing them. So thank you for providing a challenge for me.
                        Outch...

Well, I'm happy to provide the exercises.

If you're looking for more and don't want to go looking for the links in the threads, I collected them all in a general rewatch thread for easy access.

Comment

Thanks. I'll check those out.

Comment

Hedwig, you are doing great! I am at 11:04 with no injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                              Hedwig, you are doing great! I am at 11:04 with no injuries.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X