X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jelgate
    replied
    Most likely happened again.

What happened to you FH? We used to fight constantly. Now I agree with you. This episode is one that gets better with age. You miss the subtle references of Ona as an Ancient and the history of the Ancients. At least the part they tell us. The thing is relating On to the Ancients and contesting her with the plague are passing references that you can miss them. To me I have enjoyed this more as ive seen the episode more. What used to be a fair is now a good

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    I believe they have got new equipment as they moved the show with season 6 from Showtime to the SyFy.
    That already happened after season 1.

Leave a comment:

• Platschu
    replied
    I believe they have got new equipment as they moved the show with season 6 from Showtime to the SyFy. Or maybe they have hired a different photographer etc. As far as I know the digital recording started with season 8 / Atlantis season 1, so that is the reason why the picture quality has really improved there.

Off. Since they were capable of improving the picture quality of COTG, then it wouldn't be impossible to do with earlier SG-1 seasons. But it is not going to happen.

Aiyana was nice in the Stargate : Universe too. Ona Grauer looks hot. I wish they could make a Stargate Origins: Aiyana story with her... By the way our heroes all have got complicated relationships: Daniel's dad is Seth. Weir had a relationship with a Tollan (Narim). It looks like Young dated an Ancient lady. Why are we surprised that they were in trouble all the time?

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by altair View Post
    I never saw Stargate after season five because I didn't have cable, so remember I'm watching a fifteen year old episode...
    First time you watch it then?
    I'm a little jealous cause the first watch is always a little more special than any rewatch after. Although, when I make it to season 8, 9 and 10, I'll be seeing those only for the second time ever so that's going to be interesting.

Originally posted by altair View Post
    I noticed in season six, the cameras are different, and the series looks more cinematic then the earlier seasons.
    I think perhaps they got bigger budgets to play with.

Leave a comment:

• altair
    replied
    I never saw Stargate after season five because I didn't have cable, so remember I'm watching a fifteen year old episode, but I enjoyed Frozen, and the interaction mixed with danger. Jonas is especially likable, as in previous episodes. He has a genuine curiosity and can relate to other peoples, and Ayiana was always intriguing.
    A friend of mine wrote a screenplay about ghosts in the Antarctic, I had just finished reading it, so this was
    fun with all the snow and ice. There was a good balance of all the characters. They all had something to do. Even when O'Neill is in the background, he's always good.

I noticed in season six, the cameras are different, and the series looks more cinematic then the earlier seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    I absolutely LOVE this episode so much.

I love the discovery the trio does in the ice --> Ayiana.
    I love that they are still going after 4 years and that it will eventually lead to Atlantis -- just not yet.

I love Jonas and Ayiana together. Their interaction is fabulous. Their chemistry off the charts. (Yes, I ship it.)

I love that Fraiser gets to go on a field trip with them, and how she's super excited discovering all the things that they do about Ayiana and who she might be. I especially love the dialogue with Carter when she's explaining about the Antarctic Cod's ability to not freeze in icy waters, and Carter's very O'Neill-like reply "It's a fish.".

Teal'c's reaction to O'Neill having forgotten to tape The Simpsons is priceless. It's important.

Sad that Ayiana dies in the end, and of course, the all important O'Neill agreeing to blend with the Tok'ra and getting in trouble for it too, but that doesn't happen until Abyss.

How would you rate SG-1's "Frozen?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

Leave a comment:

• BethHG
    replied
    I really liked this episode! I liked that it was based in Antarctica, and that we got to meet Ayaina. Jonas was fabulous with her.

Too bad that Jack had to depend on the Tok'ra for help, since Ayaina didn't have it within her to heal him as well.
    Last edited by BethHG; 09 August 2018, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Or if she could write!
    Actually, it's much easier to understand a new language by listening to it, than to learn how to write or speak it.

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    Or if she could write!

Leave a comment:

• Anja
    replied
    It made her character more interesting - would have been strange if she had been able to communicate just like that!

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    I'm thinking there may have been some physical difficulties with communications. I mean, think how strange it feels to use your arm, for instance, after having it in a cast for six weeks. Being frozen, her muscles wouldn't atrophy, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be hard to use (and the tongue is a muscle).

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Possibly because speech is much harder to learn than just learning the words by listening.

Also, she'd been in stasis for millions of years -- give her some slack.

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    Just got done with a re-watch on this ep, and one thing that still puzzles me..
    We see Illyana on several occasions mimicing Jonas with Amazing and a few other words.
    SO we know she can speak.
    THEN later on we see her reacting showing she Understands what Jonas is saying..
    SO WHY IS it she couldn't speak to communicate??

Leave a comment:

• Gifford2006
    replied
    I don't necessarily think m that she got it from the wrath but that possibly they got the knowhow how to heal from the ancients and twisted that knowledge into a way to feed. If just one wraith came from the bug and an ancient then they would have learned how to use the healing pose and they would have modified it to feed. I just thought wrath because they can use their "ability" to take years as well as heal

Leave a comment:

• Bhousden
    replied
    Originally posted by Selmak View Post
    Was the disease she had from the Wraith?
    Very unlikely considering that Atlantis several million years prior to any encounters with an iratus bug, much less a wraith.

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn View Post
    This episode was good. But I was a bit disappointed we didn't find out more about Ayiana , was she really an ancient, why was she buried there, etc.
    She was definitely and Ancient bc she had healing powers of an ancient and it only took her a few hours to pick up English. Remember The Nox, they didn't understand SG-1 any better than Ayiana at first, but after a few hours were speaking English. Though no explanation was given as to why Ayiana could understand English, but not speak it might have something to do with the way the plague was affecting her mind, possibly.

Originally posted by Acropolis View Post
    i wish she survived if she survived the trip to the sgc why could she survive and SG1 definitely told the Asgard about aiyana so wouldnt they love to see an ancient again and would have but her in stasis and use best tech of the Asgard to heal her?
    If she could have survived and the Asgard took her aboard one on their ships, they could communicate with her in her own language. We know that the Asgard had a bit of Ancient knowledge in their possession when Thor said as much when he was using the information in Jack's brain to find a weapon capable of fighting the replicators. Ayiana could've helped them understand it all, and they may have possibly been able to find a solution to their cloning problems and lived.

Originally posted by Gifford2006 View Post
    Hope I do the spoiler thing right.
    Was re-watching this episode after seeing SGA and
    Spoiler:
    did anyone else think wraith when she was healing Dr. Woods? I mean she was using her palm to do this and that is how the wraith take/give life
    Ummmm, impossible, perhaps you could watch The Lost City pt. II. Jack having the ancient repository in his brain allows him to heal Bra'tac's wounds, or have you not seen that episode?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X