No announcement yet.

Redemption, Part 2 (602)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched this 2 parter again, really strong episodes. Everyone was great in it: Hammond, Jonas, Mckay, Sam, Bratac and them two random scientists, all great.

It was great that they finally explained and even showed us how the gate got into the SGC when its bigger than all the doors.

However this time I noticed a small mistake, that I am not sure has been mentioned before. As when Carter and McKay where telling O'Neill that they had to rewrite some code to allow the F302 not to abort when going into hyperspace towards the end of the epsiode, Carter says something along the lines of...
    "We are going to write a new command code that will prevent the F302 from automatically aborting when it detects an unstable WORMHOLE"

That of course is incorrect since she should have said "WINDOW" since they actually did not want the F302 to abort when it detected an unstable hyperspace WINDOW, which is made out of Sub Space and not a Wormhole like a Gate (as far as my Stargate mythology is aware, that is).

Its a small mishap, that don't spoil the epsiode. Infact I only just noticed it after watching this epsiode a fair amount. However its a fun Stargate trivia fact.
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I loved how the title of this episode worked with how everything wrapped up. Teal'c redeemed himself in Raya'c's eyes; Jonas redeemed himself to Jack (although I thought Jack was unfairly hostile to him), Rodney redeemed himself to Sam, and the USA redeemed itself to the Russians. It was almost as if the plot lines worked to put SG-1 on a totally fresh page to face the future threats to Earth. In all, this was a pretty good episode. Obviously it was plot driven, but it had good character moments as well.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
        The Russians offered to make their stargate available - to be used from Russia - but it was decided that since, as far as the everyone knew, Anubis could try again with his weapon they couldn't take the risk of using it. Once they found out that the weapon had been destroyed they opened up for business, and managed to get the Russians to agree to loan the stargate by offering good old-fashion dollars.
        No Probably by this time Russian got interstellar spaceship with cloak device. And so began to make money on the already unwanted gates. And for their mission began to use the gates to one of the neighboring planets. Cheaper and Safe
        Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
        SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

I liked this two-parter a lot, but something still bothers me.

Isn't a stargate "connected" to its planet through the address? Remember, SGC wasn't able to dial to the gate aboard Apophis' mothership once it left the orbit?

Then why does the wormhole stay stable after the gate jumps out of hyperspace so far away from Earth?
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

i like this episode its one i need to watch again. i love when sam figures out what to do. i like this is a two parter it keeps u wanting to know what is going to happen until u get to watch the second part
            sigpic

Comment

Both parts of Redemption work for me very well. This is one of my favorite two parters, without a doubt. We have Anubis, Earth on the verge of the doom again, and we see McKay there as well. This has it all.

Comment

I could have done without McKay and the inclusion of Anubis seemed kind out of place with the rest of the story. But despite that Redemption is a good episode. I especially like the F-302 with Stargate
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I could have done without McKay as well. Where was Janet?
                  I am glad Jonas is now part of SG1.
                  sigpic

Comment

I miss Daniel like hell, but Jonas is growing on me. Poor guy, he had a tough start. I still want to punch McKay, though! I hope we'll see more of Rya'c now that he joined the fight.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great opening to a new season with a 2 episode story

My only disappointment was not being able to see how Teal'c and co. got out of the planet after they destroyed the weapon.

Comment

Hi Guys im rewatching this epsiode on Sky and I have a question. is that supposed to be Airforce 1 that the X302 is strapped on to?

Comment

Originally posted by patsbabe View Post
                          Hi Guys im rewatching this epsiode on Sky and I have a question. is that supposed to be Airforce 1 that the X302 is strapped on to?
                          No. It wouldn't be Air Force One for something like that; if it was AF1, it would have some kind of sign on it that said it was. It's just a similar size to Air Force One. At one time, similar planes were used to transport the Space Shuttles back to wherever they took off from, which is what this always reminds me of.

This two-parter is one of my favorite episodes throughout the series. I really like how Jonas was used in the episode and how he figured out what to do with the gate.

And as annoying as I find McKay to be, I liked him in this as well. And Colonel Chekov is a favorite, too, so it was fun to see him in the episode.

I found it interesting that when Sam volunteered to take the F302 out to try and contact the Asgard that Jack immediately piped up and volunteered to go as well. I suspect he was using it as an excuse to get away from Colonel Chekov's anger.

Comment

IIRC there is a 4 pack of dedicated 747 jumbo jets for the shuttles.. which is what that 302 was more than likely on.

Comment

Does anyone remember that is brave outstanding young Rya'c who saves the SGC program!!!
                              An outstanding episode and this time I have no significant "criticisms" for the writers.
                              The element of bringing in Rya'c was exquisite......A fifteen or sixteen year old boy destroys the weapon of the most fearsome goa'uld!!
                              Let's hear it for Rya'c !!!! And his training done by MASTER BRA'TAC!!

Comment

Good conclusion to the two parts. I'm definitely liking Jonas a lot more this time around. The show has, once again, a bigger feeling than what has been done in previous seasons.

Since I'm a bit more unfamiliar with SG-1 from season 6 onwards, having not really seen these episodes since first broadcast nearly 10 years ago, I got very intrigued when Gen. Hammond mentioned the "X-302 and X-303". I can't remember what that is! (Don't spoil the surprise for me, please.)

I enjoyed the first part of this more, due to the character development and humour, but this was certainly an episode I can hold in high regard. Carter is wearing far too much makeup at this point in the show, though, it's not attractive.

RATING: 8.5 out of 10
                                Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Working...
                                X