No announcement yet.

Redemption, Part 1 (601)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished rewatching this episode, loved it when I think about the episode I think It must of been one of those earlier episodes when the Earth was again in trouble but nope it was in S6.

8/10

Comment

just thinking: should polls be added to the episode threads so we can say how we liked em?

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
        just thinking: should polls be added to the episode threads so we can say how we liked em?
        not a bad idea. On topic, I like this episode basically because of mckay and carter. A lot of peopel think he is annoying because he is so sarcastic and mean...I like him like that and I like him a bit less in recent Atlantis episodes because he isnt really like that anymore
        BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

The death of Drey'auc was a sad but excellent way to demonstrate the mortality of the Jaffa. If the SGC and Jaffa rebellion cannot find a way to free themselves from the need to carry an infant Goa'uld than they will never be able to wipe out the Goa'uld for good. We also get a glimpse of the future space program of Earth. The X-302 accompanied with an experimental hyperspace generator shows us that having a platform to go into the galaxy and fight the Goa'uld on an entirely different front is not far off. In all this is a great episode.

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
          If you go to the episode guide of Gateworld you can look at any Stargate episode and rate it from 1 to 10. There is no need for polls on the individual episode threads.
          Last edited by captain jake; 04 July 2008, 08:00 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
            Rodney was brilliant, I love his interaction with Sam and Jonas.

I hear that Colonel O'Neill's "injured leg" was based on his real-life injury which he had carrying his 3-year old daughter in which he fell just days before filming begun. Anyone know if that true?
            that is true an issue of tv zone that i have ran an sg-1 special that listed the highs and lows of sg-1 season by season one of the lows for season 6 was

The unexplained disappearance of the O'Neill character in the first half of story (in real life actor RDA injured his knee explaining his reduced involvement in this episode)

they could have put in a line that said his injury had started bothering him and that he went to the infirmary and doctor fraiser told him to lie down and rest his leg.

Comment

good ep. because of the x-302, the mackay/carter scenes. i really really love it when o'neill is in fighter pilot mode.

Comment

I watched this episode today and I thought it had great emotion in it.
                Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak View Post
                  Did Anubis build that device with his Ancient knowledge or did the Ancients already build it.
                  Yes the Ancient's built it, in fact, very early in the Gate program. Well their Gate program. It's not a weapon and in fact has a very, very specific purpose that is integral to the entire gate system.

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate View Post
                    I wonder if the Ancient weapon is powered by a ZPM?
                    Nope, not ZPM powered. It's not that complex or powerful. It looks bigger than it is. If it was ZPM powered, when Ry'ac blew it up, it would have wiped out the whole planet.

Comment

i love that this episode ended on jack saying "oh for crying out loud"

Comment

Jonas is a lovely and cheerful character. He keeps his hope in joining SG1 after stucking 3 months in SGC doing nothing but reading through Daniel's works! He is a bit like Daniel in the early seasons but he gives thoughts way beyond the books in a subtle way. When he asked question on how to get the Stargate into the mountain I think he already had an answer in mind.

I also sense some differences in Jack: he seems to be more serious and less playing around. I watched MacGyver protrayed by RDA before watching SG1 and in the early seasons I cound not stop thinking that 'Jack looks like MacGyver'. But from this season onwards I can really tell the difference between the 2 characters: 'This is really Jack O'Neill!'.
                        sigpic
                        Sign by me

Comment

I should have post my reply in the Part 2 thread, sorry!
                          sigpic
                          Sign by me

Comment

I like the relationship between Ryac and Tealc because it hadn't really featured much until this episode. Some great acting from Chris and Neil.
                            "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

I love Jacks humor in this episode.....

HAMMOND
                              Colonel Checkov feels that as a symbol of our joint efforts, a Russian officer should be assigned to join SG-1.

O'NEILL
                              Over my rotting corpse, Sir.

HAMMOND
                              Colonel…

O'NEILL
                              I'm sorry, did I say that out loud?

HAMMOND
                              I said I would discuss it with you and that I was sure you would give it some careful thought.

O'NEILL
                              And that I will, General, but I'm still pretty sure I'll say…'bite me'.

Doesn't pull any punches at all concerning his feelings about the Rusians,

Comment

What a way to start Season 6 ! Great acting by everyone.

McCay and Carter had some funny moments too...

the X-302 scenes was brilliant , hope we can see more of it later

Rating : 8 / 10

Last edited by balo; 05 May 2009, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X