Redemption, Part 1 (601)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good opening episode.
    Lots of by-play between McKay and Carter, and it was nice to see Rya'c and Bra'tac again.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
      It's probably projected larger as it goes through, although I haven't a clue why!

*I am above everyone else! *

Could be to make himself seem more powerful to us and other humans. Camera shots that make people taller show their power over those who are looking up to him etc.

I liked this episode alot - the episode started off slow but got going. I also felt the change in direction, I mean the end of Season 5 did slump abit, and this started off great.

Seeing McKay in Part I and Part II, you can see why the producers bought him into Atlantis, he has changed since 48 Hours and was great in this episode.

Comment

I liked it when Teal'c, Bra'tac, and Ry'ac ringed down and the guards said, 'identify yourselves," and Teal'c starts shooting everybody.

"You're creeping me out McKay."

I wonder if the Ancient weapon is powered by a ZPM?

McKay: "What's the little alien guy <Jonas> doing?"

I would've thought that the Airforce would've taken the Abydos gate before they would rent the Giza gate from the Russians
        Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

excellent epi and so is part 2

Comment

I liked the season opener. Will watch part 2 tonight. They showed a lot of Jonas early on, then he seemed to be forgotten about for a while. But then they did go back to him.

Comment

Redemption 1+2 rocks, the McCay and Carter thing was great,the X302 was great,and i will agree with an earlyer post by Jennifier, this and "within the sepents grasp is by far some of the best work MGM have done,hope season eight lives up to this"LETS KEEP ARE FINGERS CROSSED" Its a strange thing us Humans do for luck (lol)

Comment

Ry'ak was pretty awesome too, can't forget those Jaffa, and their children. Also, that Ancient weapon, the way it looked was just great! The Ancients really can design a weapon!

Comment

Yeah, these episodes were pretty cool and i loved that ancient weapon!!!

Comment

Just seen the episode last night, great shots of the X-102 and the gate underneath, great ideas here and i forgot how good this was!!!!
                    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Ya it was a great episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                        Just seen the episode last night, great shots of the X-102 and the gate underneath, great ideas here and i forgot how good this was!!!!
                        I think you're refering to Part 2. Anyway, this was a terrific episode (refering to part 1). The episode was well written and even had a diffrent feel to it then the episodes ebfore it. I don't why but the episode seemed...different somehow. I don't know if it was the style, the writing, or what but it seemed diffrent like the start of a new chapter in SG-1. But the acting was good espeically between McKay and Carter. The Teal'c subplot worke dout well also in adding some emotion to the episode. I give this episode a 8/10.

timdalton007

Comment

I thought that it was a great two parter. I loved the writing style and the character development. Carter and McKay were funny, and Jonas was so cute!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                            I thought that it was a great two parter. I loved the writing style and the character development. Carter and McKay were funny, and Jonas was so cute!
                            i agree with you. i wasnt sure about whether i would like jonas, but i ended up liking him a lot

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Good episode.

LOL @ Jonas in this episode. He's so chearful I love the thing he has for the whether channel, asking Sam about what color to wear, and crossing his figures. And how could I forget the boxing He's like one of those dools, you knock him down and he just pops back up right away I wonder if he did somehow knock Teal'c down or if Teal'c was impressed enough with him to speck to Jack on his behalf?

I like the Sam/Jonas friendship, I don't see the big problem some people have with it. I did see Sam not really wanting him to join the term (it's too soon and he's too involed) so I wonder if that going to come into play or if I'm seeing somethign that isn't there.

Loved all the X-301 scenes

Rodney was brilliant, I love his interaction with Sam and Jonas.

Poor Teal'c, it' was nice seeing his fmaily again and hacing some closer with his wife.

I hear that Colonel O'Neill's "injured leg" was based on his real-life injury which he had carrying his 3-year old daughter in which he fell just days before filming begun. Anyone know if that true?

oh yeah LOL at all the food Teal'c had when he was talking to Jack. THe boy can sure pack it away.
                              Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007 View Post
                                The episode was well written and even had a diffrent feel to it then the episodes ebfore it. I don't why but the episode seemed...different somehow. I don't know if it was the style, the writing, or what but it seemed diffrent like the start of a new chapter in SG-1.
                                I got this feeling as well. For me, I think it might have something to do with Daniel not being around anymore and I feel like O'Neill, Teal'c and Carter have kinda changed because of it. Not in a bad way though, but more like you said, as though it is a 'new chapter' in their lives. O'Neill in particular seemed different in this two parter. He was still making jokes, but there was something there that I couldn't quite put my finger on. I think he was quieter than usual, more-so in the second part.

The interaction between Carter and McKay was great, even though I can't stand him

I really like Jonas, he's cute and I love how happy he always is However, he isn't Daniel so I can understand why Jack and Sam don't want anyone to replace him

The scenes between Teal'c and Ry'Ac are very touching and I also love the scene where O'Neill calls Carter an 'egghead' Good episode to start the season!
                                "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                                S/J all the way!
                                Big Honkin' Resolution!
                                sigpic
                                John/Teyla Shipper!
                                SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X