No announcement yet.

Meridian (521)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a while of watching the series I did realize that it really does need, if not Jackson himself, at least someone quite a bit like him. It really wouldn't work out any other way. There are quite a few episodes that centered on Jackson that I really hated the first few times I saw them, but now I see where they're headed with the character I actually enjoy them a bit. Even my favorite episode of the series "There But For the Grace of God" is one which centers on him.

Just like some people don't like the military "shoot it or blow it up before we figure out what it is" type characters as I do, I guess really the two types are the ends of a sort of spectrum, with most characters being in the middle somewhere.
    Last edited by KorbenDirewolf; 22 June 2004, 12:07 AM. Reason: Run-on sentences.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

You are right, without Jackson it really is a bit weird. It seems like there's a bullet in the wall
      __

__

Comment

Question, we learn that Jonas in Shadow Play that he was recruited by that dillusional professor dude to work in the Naquadria project (or was it naquada), but anyway, in this episode, they explain that Jonas's rank is an equilivent to a president? Or what, i can't remember.
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I got the impression after a while, they really weren't too sure. I know I'm not
          __

__

Comment

The episode was brilliant. The first time i watched it though, there was a circumstane that bugged me. The scene where Daniel and Jack said their goodbyes to each other. At a first glance i thought, how can Jack be so emotionless, regardless of the fact that he is always very reserved. One of his best friends, if not the best, was leaving, probably for ever(from his pint of view) and Jack just stood there saying things like "See you around". But when i watched it again i realized that that Daniel´s words had reassured him. Jack didn´t know where Daniel was going or what was going to happen to him, but he wasn´t worried about Daniel because he somehow knew that Daniel was going to be ok.
            PS! Actually they explained that the high minister was an equivalent to their president and that Jonas was an advisor for him.

Comment

Bye to danny... only to be back in the next episode as the voice of thor.

Comment

lol I know. ANd then again in season six
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                  Bye to danny... only to be back in the next episode as the voice of thor.
                  Haha, i think voicing something is less time consuming, and since MS said he was just tired, i think he would be happy to still be part of the show Yay.

Comment

I agree. And I didn't know MS done the voice until season six either!
                    __

__

Comment

I don't think much people at all knew, haha...

Comment

I never noticed who did the voice of Thor until I saw it in the credits for Season 6 either.

Comment

I see it at the end of Promethus where it said Thor voice by Michael Shanks or something like this and I was like I never knew that
                          __

__

Comment

Back to Meridian. I don't think I got the full experience. I just saw it for the time a month and a half ago, and I knew Daniel was gonna be back in season 7. It lessened the impact of his going away. It also didn't get Jonas off to a good start with me, sure he told the truth but after a certain amount of prodding from O'Neill.

Comment

They should have left Jonas on that stupid planet.
                              Last edited by Selmak; 26 July 2004, 07:35 PM.

Comment

excellent ep.
                                If you're going to kill off a main character, then this is the way to do it. And it definately needed to happen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X