• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Did ya tear up??
    Sorry, no comprendo!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

Did you cry at Daniel 'dying' and ascending?

Comment

No, I didn't. I knew he would come back. Personally I was more touched watching Cold Lazarus!
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

*curses* I wish I hadn't read Anja's post. This is my first time through the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
            *curses* I wish I hadn't read Anja's post. This is my first time through the series.
            That's the downside I guess for only now starting. We are no longer obliged to use spoiler-space.

However, if you thought he was gone, you are mistaken. It's like he never left.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
              No, I didn't. I knew he would come back. Personally I was more touched watching Cold Lazarus!
              I just saw this, and I agree. While I love the conversation between Daniel and whatshername, Cold Lazarus hit me in the heart in a way this just doesn't.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

It's still far and away the best send off for any character on the show even if Daniel does come back eventually.

Comment

I'm going to take the opposite and felt little for Cold Lazarus. Meridian was sadder because its a regular character compared to a guest star
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Cold Lazarus didn't effect me at all. Though the speech at the end of 119.S06.09 - Allegiance sent chills down my spine and made my stomach flutter. The ending of 109.S05.21 - Meridian just left me numb. I didn't know what to feel. I just jumped into the next and the next and the next episode to see if Daniel was coming back.

Comment

sorry!
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I'm going to take the opposite and felt little for Cold Lazarus.
                        I knew you'd say that.

To me, Cold Lazarus is about Jack, not the potential death of the crystal being (who didn't die, anyway).

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I always had the impression that the healing device would have saved Daniel's life but he choose to ascend to enter a new phase of his life
                          Yes it would probably saved his life, not heal him completely, Selmac said that Daniel wouldn't be the same. We don't know how it would change him. So he could ascend and come back in his full glory.

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostAntique View Post
                            Yes it would probably saved his life, not heal him completely, Selmac said that Daniel wouldn't be the same. We don't know how it would change him. So he could ascend and come back in his full glory.
                            That's why I said not heal completely
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

That's why I said not heal completely
                              I guess i overlooked it.

Comment

I couldn't imagine watching this episode when it first aired... I would be going nuts, nooo, Daniel!

It's maybe a weak point how they had to mention the sarcophagus and Tok'ra/offworld allies all the time, I think better writing/setup could of reduced that talk to make the situation look even more bleak. For example, the people on the other planet could of been holding Daniel prisoner despite his grave condition.. would make Jonas Quinn more of a hero too I guess if he had helped him in that situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X