No announcement yet.

Meridian (521)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One wonders what might have happened Had oma not been there to help (ie the others stepped in)..
    And i was surprised they didn't think of going to the Tokra to help.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      One wonders what might have happened Had oma not been there to help (ie the others stepped in)..
      And i was surprised they didn't think of going to the Tokra to help.
      Daniel would simply have died. No coming back from that.

And they did ask the Tok'ra for help - they just didn't have a symbiote available. I think that much is mentioned.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I always had the impression that the healing device would have saved Daniel's life but he choose to ascend to enter a new phase of his life
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Seems that way to me. At one point he states he can feel himself being healed.

Comment

Agreed, he did tell Jack to tell sel'mac to stop.

Comment

At that time he wanted to ascend, but once he found out that he is needed by sg-1. He is the voice of reason, he can do more from that plan of existence, not the higher ones cause from there he couldn't interfere. Still, without this first ascending they wouldn't have saved Bra'tac and Ry'ac, also they would never have known about the lost city (don't rember the word from that..maybe it's plate? or board.. nothing comes to mind but i think you know what i mean). So by never finding it, they wouldn't have the chance of destroying Anubises ship( at least the new weapon) and the events probably wouldn't have lead them to the ancient chair..what i'm trying to say is that this episode is kinda important..touching too. Conclusion: Nice job TPTB. (for all the series in fact..)
              sigpic

Comment

True, prior to that, daniel did say he always suspected the ancients WERE the ascended ones, but he was not proven to be right till Redemption when he was on abydos, reading that tablet.

Comment

That's it, Thanks garhkal, the word is "tablet".
                  sigpic

Comment

Lovely sad episode. I knew Michael Shanks had left the show but had no idea this is what happened to his character. Very interesting way for a send off to a character. Season 6 will be very odd without him.
                    Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                    Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

Originally posted by myowndrownedworld View Post
                      Lovely sad episode. I knew Michael Shanks had left the show but had no idea this is what happened to his character. Very interesting way for a send off to a character. Season 6 will be very odd without him.
                      That's what you might think...

Comment

What's with the sarcastic face?

Comment

Originally posted by myowndrownedworld View Post
                          What's with the sarcastic face?
                          That whole breath of fresh air that you get with Jonas, well... Daniel kinda defeats the point.

Comment

Oh right, ok

Comment

Different, spooky but a nicely constructed "open" ending.
                              Nice interaction during hard times - everybody is so "soft".
                              Brave Jonas in the end.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Did ya tear up??

Comment

Working...
                                X