No announcement yet.

The Sentinel (520)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was a boring episode. One of the worst from Season 5.

Tomorrow, Jonas Quinn makes his first appearance. Will Daniel Jackson die?
    sigpic

Comment

^ I thought it was kind of 'meh' too, but I don't really like so say 'boring' when talking about Stargate...

My LiveJournal post
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
        ^ I thought it was kind of 'meh' too, but I don't really like so say 'boring' when talking about Stargate...
        LOL! You feel like you're a bad fan if you do!

In this instance I'll use the word 'uninspired'. The idea of the melding of man and machine to create a powerful weapon for defence was a great idea, but the whole episode was poorly executed in every way it seemed.

When I first saw Henry Gibson in this I thought it was the weirdest bit of casting I'd seen in ages. I hadn't seen him on TV since 'Rowan & Martin's Laugh In' show in the late 60's, early 70's, so it was unexpected to say the least! He really didn't work in a more 'serious' role for me because of how I remembered him, as the man with the silly poems!

Comment

Yeah not the best ep.

Best part of the ep being Daniels line.

Ah yeah what end do the bullets go in again
          sigpic

Comment

I find this one hard to swallow. Yes I can understand the concept of a society degressing technologically but not to the degree the society in this episode did. To have such an advanced device and not even be able to fight back the Goa'uld is unconciveable to me. Besides that its not to bad. The way the Sentinel works is an interesting idea and if the Goa'uld knew the weakness that it requires a human life they probably would just send wave after wave of Jaffa after them. The NID getting redemption is an interesting idea but its a little too forced. It seems a little much for them being sorry about what they did.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

It's just boring. I was bored watching it.

Comment

I wouldn't say boring. I would call it average. I felt sorry for Kershaw.

Comment

Since I had totally forgotten what this episode was all about, I can't say it was very memorable. It was kinda boring actually.

And the tune to (de-)activate the shield was rather annoying to the ears as well.

The device looked kinda cool... but that's about it.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I enjoyed this one. Like everyone said Daniel had the best line when asking where do the bullets go. I thought NID guys would betray SG1, nice that they didn't go with obvious thing.

Kind of funny at the end the aliens were still in a position of not knowing how the device worked. A deal could have been negotiated that they must allow SG1 to examine the device otherwise they will not tell them how it worked. Jerky thing to do for sure but have a weapon that would protect earth would be worth it.

Comment

Unless they could have removed it TO earth, i doubt they could have duplicated it to protect earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                        A deal could have been negotiated that they must allow SG1 to examine the device otherwise they will not tell them how it worked.
                        I'm a little confused by your pronouns. Are you saying that the originating society must allow SG1 (read: Carter) to examine the device or else SG1 won't tell the originating society how it works? Because it seems to me that, as things were left, no one knows how it works; the originating society because they've forgotten, SG1 because they've never had the chance to study it.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Does anyone know why the none of the original actors from "Shades of Grey" were used?

Comment

Perhaps those actors were unavailable?

Comment

The bad ones get the chance of making good and then they vanish from Earth - faith in some divine power is restored.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

After re-watching this episode, I realized that Teal'c must have some special unknown super- powers. He should have been wiped out with the rest of the Jaffa and Lord Svarok

Henry Gibson was cool as Marul - He has done many good roles on tv. He also had a role once in MacGyver
                                Last edited by Cluas; 03 March 2016, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X