No announcement yet.

Menace (519)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished watching this episode for the 8th time! Great episode! To bad they couldn't get the android under control so they could get rid of the replicators that way. But I guess using the weapon on Dakara is much more adventurous!
    sigpic

Comment

This one was cool, but i expected either Sam or Daniel (they both should have higher IQ than me) to figure out the robot could be in league with the replicators somehow. My favorite enemies so far

Comment

Ah, so the replicators weren't always the all-consuming baddies... They started out as simple (well, sorta) toys.

Reece - a fascinating character. An android, a very sophisticated android with feelings. An android which knows how to throw a tantrum.

Shoot first, ask questions later... point blank. Not entirely sure whom I was rooting for actually.

Hammond in full combat mode... now, there's something we didn't get to see very often. Sweet!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I liked this episode. I was hoping they would bring in the first android they met that cloned sg1 to talk to her. Even though he was less advance he might have been able to get through to her better.

Comment

Very interesting episode. I believe O'Neill was right in his decision to shoot Reece (at the time and in the situation). Even if Daniel had brought her round, I don't think she would have been able to control the replicators that remained, they may have stopped doing what her thoughts were, but they are quick enough to develop their own sense of actions.

It would have been good if they could have brought her around earlier as she may have proved to have been an effective weapon against the replicators, but I don't think that, even though she knows they are dangerous, I don't think she could TRULY have it in her, to destroy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
              A pretty good ep. I do enjoy seeing the original replicators.

I also don't like the idea of how they were created.
              Whats wrong with it it seems like a typical grey goo to me

Comment

Idealism vs practicality? If you were in their situation, what would you have done?

I'm still not sure myself.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Hammond in full combat mode... now, there's something we didn't get to see very often. Sweet!
                I actually replayed his first scenes wielding a gun and prowling the corridors. I just couldn't get over what I was seeing, haha. It was sweet.
                rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Love this ep.
                  The actress playing Reese did a wonderful job.
                  Very much liked the interaction of Daniel and Reese, and MS also had great scenes in it. But I can't help it. The performance was flawless, but it was not really Daniel. Different mime. gestures, intonations, even look.
                  Well, maybe that is just Daniel, when he has to interact with robots.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                    Idealism vs practicality? If you were in their situation, what would you have done?

I'm still not sure myself.

I actually replayed his first scenes wielding a gun and prowling the corridors. I just couldn't get over what I was seeing, haha. It was sweet.
                    He Proves Generals are more than office workers!

Comment

I can't imagine that a man like Dr Jackson can fall in love with a robot!!!!!!

The robot was very well played, the replicators made a hurly-burly as usual! (Before somebody comments, yes, I like Shakespeare!!!)
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                        I don't think he did, he was just trying to befriend Reece.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                          He didn't fall in love with her. He was more intent on making sure she was treated fairly - as we would another human being - which she wasn't. And he went way overboard.

He did do something similar in "Past & Present" with the young woman who had once been the "Destroyer of Worlds" from the episode "Prisoners". She had created some sort of thing that de-aged people, including herself, and Daniel fell for her. And was completely incensed when Jack and the others wouldn't give her the benefit of the doubt of having become a different person who would no longer behave the way the older person had.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I don't think he did, he was just trying to befriend Reece.
                            It was more like a child crush. Reese was programmed like a child and it would not be unheard of a child to have a crush. Daniel being who he is when it comes to ethics felt like Reese deserved a chance to have her freedom. Then their is the infamous scene at the end if Daniel or Jack was right when Jack shot her.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              It was more like a child crush. Reese was programmed like a child and it would not be unheard of a child to have a crush. Daniel being who he is when it comes to ethics felt like Reese deserved a chance to have her freedom. Then their is the infamous scene at the end if Daniel or Jack was right when Jack shot her.
                              Very true. We also saw it with Fifth..

Comment

Unaware that this discussion was being held...

I have to say Daniel doesn't get to interact much with children; that's more of a Jack subject, since part of his atonement surrounds the death of his own child, and the harsh risk assessments he often comes to are heavily weighted by this sense that Any danger is imminent and must be exterminated.

But I will argue that Reese did develop a sort of childish crush towards Daniel; and yes, Daniel being Daniel could come across as fairly charming, and willing to give her a chance to be her own person (Which would've also happened if he had been there by Unnatural Selection) since, being intelligent, she was resilient, but willing to calm down provided some support and comfort.

Also, nothing is a satisfying and heartbreaking at the same time than Teary, torn Daniel whispering "You stupid son of a *****" to Jack.

Edit: Lol, I did not know this site automatically censored words... Makes that sentence look a lot worse rofl.

Comment

Working...
                                X