No announcement yet.

Menace (519)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the episode with the replicators.What was the civilisation?It looked like they were quite advanced and they coudn't stop the replicators.So now we know where the replicators came from
    Lord Zedd

Comment

I also loved this episode. (Ok, so I love all the shows with replicators in them. Get off my back, will ya?). My sister thinks the really small ones are kinda cute.

I have one question, though. How come they didn't start raiding this galaxy and instead went to the Asgard's home galaxy?
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
        I have one question, though. How come they didn't start raiding this galaxy and instead went to the Asgard's home galaxy?
        Because the Asgard picked them up, so they started raiding in the galaxy that the Asgard brought them too.

Comment

Thank you! That question had been nagging me for the longest time. That really helps a lot.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

Ya, that's what I'm thinking. An Asgard probably found it interesting and picked one up for study and just lost control of it in their own galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedyturtle
              Ya, that's what I'm thinking. An Asgard probably found it interesting and picked one up for study and just lost control of it in their own galaxy.
              Yeah, I think in Small Victories (4.01), Thor said that the Asgard found the Replicators and brought them back for study, not knowing of the damage the little guys could do. Lol, I guess they found out and really regretted it. For such little guys, the Asgard get themselves into really big trouble.

I just watched this episode again today and I now remember how much I totally love it. Reese was such a child and she was so short! I thought the actress did an awesome job on her, especially when she was freaking out in the Gateroom towards the end and just screaming, "Make them stop!" It was great! I was really sad when she got shot though... I'll never be able to forgive Jack.
              Did anyone else love how Hammond got all geared up? And when he took out that Replicator on top of the self-destruct mechanism? That was so great! The look on Sam's face was priceless.
              !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

I finally got to see Menace on Wednesday and I thought it was fantastic! As much as I love origin stories of baddies, I usually find them to be a let down because there always seems to be a level of inherent malevolence in them. What made this tale great was that the Replicators were given such an innocent beginning - they were toys created by a lonely girl. It's very rare to see an origin story that makes you view a baddie in a completely new way without destroying how you view them, but Menace did just that.

Now, serious props have to go to Danielle Nicolet for her portrayal of Reese. If her performace isn't perfect, the whole episode doesn't work since most of its power is derived from the fact that the audience has to empathize with Reese. Danielle had a hard job - play an immature character with childlike traits who isn't annoying or bratty and she pulled it off flawlessly. When she died at the end, I felt it.

Seeing Hammond suit up was great as was Daniel's line to Jack - "You stupid son of a *****." I hate endings that take the easy way out like Red Sky did and thankfully, they avoided taking that route here. Menace is, IMHO, one of SG-1's finest hours.

As much as I don't want TPTB to ruin what I feel was a perfect end for Reese, I would love to see the Replicators replicate a new version of her so that they could bring Danielle back for some guest spots.

Comment

I was wandering Reese created the Replicators right but What race created Reese ??? perhaps it was human but Im not completely sure.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I would assume that they are human. Why would a race of aliens build an android and not build it in their image unless they were trying to destroy somebody?

Comment

Awfully smart humans. I was thinking of a group along the lines of the Tollan gone wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ham
                        Now, serious props have to go to Danielle Nicolet for her portrayal of Reese. If her performace isn't perfect, the whole episode doesn't work since most of its power is derived from the fact that the audience has to empathize with Reese. Danielle had a hard job - play an immature character with childlike traits who isn't annoying or bratty and she pulled it off flawlessly. When she died at the end, I felt it.
                        I totally agree, Menace is probably my favourite episode! Reese was such an intriguing and original character, and the actress was excellent. So sad she died . I was so angry at Jack at the time!

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

This was a good episode. I was not sure that they were saying Reese was the original creator of all of the replicators or that she just made some on her world.

One thing I thought out of character was that when Daniel was first saying she was not aware she was a machine, was that Sam was so quick to side with Jack and just treat her as a machine and not some other type of sentient life form.
                          Last edited by QuiGonJohn; 07 June 2005, 04:35 AM.

Comment

If and only if Reese was the creator of all Replicator it makes you wonder that when she lost control why they went to another Galaxy when they could have consumed Goa'uld ships/tech in this Galaxy? other than that great episode

Comment

Asked the same question once, and the answer was this: In "Nemesis" Thor said that the Asgard had found the Replicators in our galaxy, but took them back to Ida for research where they interacted with the Asgard tech and became too powerful.

And there's no doubt that Reese created the Replicators thanks to "Unnatural Selection". There was a sub-command in all Replicators to respond to a special signal that Reese would give off to come to her location.

Comment

Cool origin for Replicators.....an average episode

Comment

Working...
                                X