No announcement yet.

The Warrior (518)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a pretty good episode.....but it was just really weird for the camera to be moving around all matrix style on stargate...........o well

Comment

I'm sorry but this episode begs the question: Why did Carter not detect the Goa'uld inside of K'Tano?

Comment

Originally posted by str8edgepunker
        I'm sorry but this episode begs the question: Why did Carter not detect the Goa'uld inside of K'Tano?
        Well, both Jaffa and Goa'uld carry a symbiote and I think both have naquadah, so a Jaffa might 'sense' to Carter the same as a Goa'uld.
        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
          It was a pretty good episode.....but it was just really weird for the camera to be moving around all matrix style on stargate...........o well
          Actually, that's pretty cool. 'Cause on Matrix, they did it with computer FX that were really expensive to duplicate. Way out of Stargate league. So ... they figured out how to do it with a camera trick. They built a circular platform on which the fight took place, and had a rail around it for the camera to ride on. Then they attatched the camera and had it revolve around the platform really fast as they were shooting the scene. When you slow the film down, it looks like the Matrix. No fancy computer graphics required.
          My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
          -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
          -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
          -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate
            Well, both Jaffa and Goa'uld carry a symbiote and I think both have naquadah, so a Jaffa might 'sense' to Carter the same as a Goa'uld.
            Makes sense. In Into the Fire, Hathor thought that the Tok'ra operative was a Jaffa. And in Need, Carter said that she also got that wierd feeling around Teal'c.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Sounds right to me, i always thought anyone who could sence the naquada could not tell Goa'uld from Jaffa.

Anyway.. a great ep IMO and we got to see a great side of Teal'c as well as some great one liners "I speak my mind, thats why i dont say much"
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

T totaly stabbed sg1 in the back. This was one of my least favourite episodes because of that.
                sigpic

Comment

Teal'c stabbed SG1 in the back? How so?
                  I remember Teal'c getting caught up in the idea that freedom for his people might be closer than he ever imagined (at that point). And he did get carried away by believing so much in K'Tano (or however you spell that guys name). The other members understood his excitement and his desire that all would work out. But I don't remember him doing something horrible to SG1.
                  I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                  Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

When jack told him to come home with them he said no. I took that as not obeying a order i.e. stabing them in the back.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                      When jack told him to come home with them he said no. I took that as not obeying a order i.e. stabing them in the back.
                      Not only did he thoroughly believe that he was 'fighting the good fight' with his Jaffa brothers, but he's also not part of the US Armed Forces, and as such the call to 'come home' from O'Neill was not an order and merely a call from an old friend, which he - quite understandably - can ignore due to extenuating circumstances.

Not to mention the whole 'brainwashing' thing going on, which Teal'c has been somewhat susceptible before...
                      Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                      Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                      Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                      - Serenity

Comment

I am not condeming T I just believe he was a jerk in this episode whether it was his fault or not.
                        sigpic

Comment

Jack was so funny int his episode. I think Bra'tac was embassed by him a few times. Like when he was first introducing them to the jaffa and Jack's bag falls of his back. I loved th at Could they look anymore like they don't know what there doing lol.

Jack had many funny momnets in this episode like the "You say what's on your mind" "that's why I don't spack much". Sadly his humor was lost on almost all the jaffa. Again Jack's judge of character shided again.

Love seeing Sam showing off her skills. Is there anythign she not good at LOL I think Jack was pound of her even if he didn't say it (since he could have shown off his own skills just as easy).

I felt like hte Teal'c term relationshipw as being tested a little. I felt so bad for Teal'c, he wanted to believe so badly and did did believe strongely. I wish he had believed in Jack more but like I said he wanted to believe so badly

Plus story by CJ is always great He does great Teal'c episodes
                          Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
                            Jack was so funny int his episode. I think Bra'tac was embassed by him a few times. Like when he was first introducing them to the jaffa and Jack's bag falls of his back. I loved th at Could they look anymore like they don't know what there doing lol.

Jack had many funny momnets in this episode like the "You say what's on your mind" "that's why I don't spack much". Sadly his humor was lost on almost all the jaffa. Again Jack's judge of character shided again.

Love seeing Sam showing off her skills. Is there anythign she not good at LOL I think Jack was pound of her even if he didn't say it (since he could have shown off his own skills just as easy).

I felt like hte Teal'c term relationshipw as being tested a little. I felt so bad for Teal'c, he wanted to believe so badly and did did believe strongely. I wish he had believed in Jack more but like I said he wanted to believe so badly

Plus story by CJ is always great He does great Teal'c episodes
                            Indeed good episode
                            Bra´tac is a very good speaker he knows what to say
                            sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode. (Season five has finally started heating up!) Teal'c-centric episodes are always good!

I was pretty suspicious of K'Tano from the very start, and suspected that he was either a Jaffa working on behalf of a Goa'uld to wipe out a large number of Jaffa resistance, that he was an actual Goa'uld himself, or that he was just a generally shady character who could not be trusted, but that didn't ruin the episode for me, even though I could tell from the beginning that this story was not going to have a happy ending.

It was interesting to see Teal'c not agree with the rest of SG-1, and SG-1's reaction (well, specifically - Jack's reaction) to this. I don't blame Teal'c at all for going on that mission. He cares strongly for Jaffa freedom, and he and Bra'tac and all the other Jaffa were tricked by K'Tano...it's not the first time SG-1 or a member of SG-1 have been tricked. But yes, I felt sorry for Teal'c when this episode ended, because he seemed so happy about the rebel Jaffa army, which was thrown into doubt after the realisation that they had been betrayed. However, hopefully the army won't disband after being betrayed by K'Tano - I hope this will be resolved in future episodes.
                              "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Obviously we can see the power of charisma...

I think that the people followed him not only because he was for freedom but because they were so used to being told what to do they were conditioned for it and Ktano used their desire for freedom to manipulate them back to waht they were used to and they couldnt tell the difference.

Not our usual Goa'uld, but very similar qualities or apathy for loss of life and desire for power. Also Teal'c knows that Jacks intuition is right a lot and he should have listened. He let his overwhelming desire for Ktano to be true that it clouded his judgement
                                BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Working...
                                X