No announcement yet.

Fail Safe (517)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought it was ok but thought it was odd they waited until asteroid showed up to repair the ship. Why didn't they repair the ship as soon as possible.

Comment

Because they weren't sure they could, so were waiting while they worked on the technology. When push came to shove, they took the risk.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Remember he had experience with the mothership

Comment

In Soviet SGC you do not dodge asteroid asteroids dodge you

Comment

Exciting one and I don't mind the clichès. It's always easy to make "better" suggestions afterwards - IMO this ep is exciting and never boring!!!
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              O'NEILL: (to Daniel)
              I've seen this movie. It hits Paris.

A great episode, Stargate's version of one of the better 'disaster befalling Earth' movies!
              Like how Tangent from season 4 (also mentioned in this episode) was similar to Apollo 13, this episode is similar to Armageddon. They don't seem shy about letting people know this Hey, it's a good formula I guess, why change it

Taking the asteroid through Earth seemed strange due to how big it was compared to the ship, but I suppose it was an entertaining finish.

Comment

Since all this hyperspace stuff is science-fiction, why not ride that asteroid through Earth? It was not only entertaining but also quite unexpected-maybe not for all of the fans but for me.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
                  Like how Tangent from season 4 (also mentioned in this episode) was similar to Apollo 13, this episode is similar to Armageddon. They don't seem shy about letting people know this Hey, it's a good formula I guess, why change it

Taking the asteroid through Earth seemed strange due to how big it was compared to the ship, but I suppose it was an entertaining finish.
                  That's what I love about Stargate, it has loads of references to other shows and movies. It's fun to see how many references can be picked up on and is fun for all of us fans of Science Fiction. My favourite still has to be O'Neill telling the interrogator at Cheyenne Mountain that he's "Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise" in '1969'.

Comment

Not to forget: Luke Skywalker - same ep.
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                      Not to forget: Luke Skywalker - same ep.
                      Of course, and Jack telling Michael that they are from "...... a galaxy far far away" when they're sitting round the fire.

Comment

This was the episode that spoke to me that while the Stargate program had done a lot in making new allies, those aliens were ultimately falliable.. I guess it pushed us 'We gotta help ourselves viewpoint'. Actually Im more surprised an episode like this didn't come quickly on the heals of fair game. I just assume Cronus or Niirti once free would have decided to fire the Rock at Earth as payback and Earth be taken out.

Comment

They didn't have the superiority against the Asgard that Anubis had. He was more willing to attack Earth because he was more confident
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I've always wondered.. After we took out Sokar, why no gou'ald thought to do the SAME tactic to take OUR sun out??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              I've always wondered.. After we took out Sokar, why no gou'ald thought to do the SAME tactic to take OUR sun out??
                              I think you mean Apophis, and maybe they don't know how we did it.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Rats, i keep messing up which we took out how..

Comment

Working...
                                X