No announcement yet.

Fail Safe (517)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the episode, but I thought it could've used a better score. The make-or-break moment where they activate the hyperspace engine should've had something along the lines of the episode theme for "Tangent," but it was just sorta... watered down.

Comment

This episode wasnt the greatest but it was alright, it had soem funny moments, suchas as when jack said,'' Carter, Ican see my house from here" or when carter told everyoen that it the asteroids core was made of naquadah, daniel waslike,'' of course it is"

"The Battle to defeat Sin will be hard, prepare yourselves"

Comment

One thing I don't understand. On the X303 (or whatever it is), the engineers talk about their not finding a recall device, which seemed to be good news. O'Neill said "That was YOU??" referring to the previous incident with Jack & Teal'c. What I want to know is, WHAT was them? What did the engineers supposedly do? I thought the recall device was put in the machine by Apophis. So what was O'Neill blaming them for?

This episode has some really good lines. I always love "Carter, I can see my HOUSE!!" Hee hee!!

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
          One thing I don't understand. On the X303 (or whatever it is), the engineers talk about their not finding a recall device, which seemed to be good news. O'Neill said "That was YOU??" referring to the previous incident with Jack & Teal'c. What I want to know is, WHAT was them? What did the engineers supposedly do? I thought the recall device was put in the machine by Apophis. So what was O'Neill blaming them for?

This episode has some really good lines. I always love "Carter, I can see my HOUSE!!" Hee hee!!
          What O'Neill was referring to was in S4, Tangent, they get stranded in deep space in a modified death glider.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
            what was O'Neill blaming them for?
            For not finding the recall device before.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

Thanks, Madelieine, that's what I was wondering. But from the way Jack said "That was YOU?!?!" it made it sounded like the engineers had done something, rather than not done something (find the recall devices). I still don't see how he can really "blame" them for not finding it. But what the hey.

Comment

This was such a cliche plot line. A giant asteroid coming to Earth that will kill us all. See that 100 times too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

ah i called it the Sho'val device

Hoiw could they have know what to look for in the first place??

Comment

Originally posted by Sicarius
                    Not my favorite, but there are enough fun lines to make me watch it again every now and then...

You know, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that this is a very poorly designed bomb and I think we should say something to somebody when we get back.

Carter, I can see my house!
                    great lines .

Comment

I liked the episode. I wonder if they had the Tok'ra just ring them out, or help fix the ship, so they could fly it home and keep it.

Comment

I always forget how much I like this episode.

What was good:
                        a. Plot. Which is absurd, because it's such a cliche: giant asteroid heading to Earth. End of the world as we know it. Very bad. But somehow, somehow, it works. The 'I saw this movie' schtick handily helps keep the eyerolling to a minimum.
                        b. Dialogue. "I'm confident"/"Me too"/"As am I" was great. It's difficult to keep things like that in an episode w/out overdoing them, and this one did it well.
                        c. Little moments. Horrible name, I know, but the best I can do. Stuff like poor Spellman, and the X-301 reference. Shiny things that make me laugh.
                        d. Shippiness, or lack thereof. Okay, fine. I'm a shipper. But if episodes get too shippy, the show tends to go straight to mushy hell . Shippyness makes good fanfic, not good episode material (generally speaking). But the bit where Sam goes down and Jack helps her up, small looks...stuff that was likely totally innocent but can be construed as shippiness. Keeps the noromos happy, and gives the shippers something to squee about. ANYWAY, this show did that nicely.
                        e. Davis. I like that guy!

What wasn't good:
                        a. I know I went over this in point a of the above, but...an asteroid hitting Earth? I saw this movie. It hits Paris. But the cliche storyline was rescued by a happy plot twist, and all was right with the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                          But from the way Jack said "That was YOU?!?!" it made it sounded like the engineers had done something, rather than not done something (find the recall devices). I still don't see how he can really "blame" them for not finding it. But what the hey.
                          This is Jack. Of course he's blaming them.

Comment

it was a ok episode butr to weak
                            the only good bit was the warp drive bit and the 'Carter I can see my house'
                            2/5
                            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

This is a bit of a forgotten episode for me. I've watched it a few times, thought it was ok, and then forgotten about it. It never stood out like some of the others of season 5.

I watched it again last night and I enjoyed it more than I have before. It's a lot funnier than I remember and quite exciting, even though the outcome is never in question.

Maybe I was just in the mood since I watched about 4 episodes in a row last night. Mmmmmmm tasty stargate goodness!

Anyway, I'll remember it more fondly now I think. Good episode.
                              'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

I also quite like this episode. as people have said it seems like it's never on and from memory i think iv only seen it 3 times, once being last night. but it was a pretty good ep apart from the cliched sci-fi plot. and another thing, how many times did things go wrong for those people??? asteroid, fixing wrecked ship (just), going in too fast, meteor showers, hull breach, bomb not working, all yellow wires and the asteroid made of naquahdah. it's ridiculous!!! it's like the worst day in history multiplied to the nth term!!! yet still they made it out alive. what a team...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
                                X