No announcement yet.

Summit (515)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode for this 1st part of a 2 part adventure that continues Season 5's arc.

So right now 75% of SG-17 is dead, and SG-1 (and the remaining member of SG-17) are currently boned. Daniel might get killed by Osiris.

I noticed in yesterday's episode (48 Hours) marked the debut of flat screen monitors in the control room, and also featured a lot of footage for future opening credits.

Tomorrow, the conclusion, will SG-1 & Daniel survive.
    sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

So if Osiris can pretty much still be male, why can't Selmak still be female?
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This episode has a special place in my heart. Its the very first Stargate episode I ever saw. At the time I thought the System Lords and Goa'uld were two different races. Crazy times

Its a good nice episode with us learning a lot of new information. I find myself more interested in the Daniel storyline. It tells us about more of the mystery Goauld and just explains the state of affairs of the Goa'uld. More interesting is the vast amount of new System Lords we see although I don't think the people except Ba'al ever got a chance. It seemed most of the summit meetings showcased Yu, Ba'al, and Osris.

The storyline at the Tok'ra base was not bad but it didn't "wow" me which is why I ranked the other storyline as better. The concept of the Goa'uld posing to attack the Tok'ra is not something that is new although I will give credit to the attempt to show a mass killing of the Tok'ra on the base.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

This sure is a good ep. Great CGI. Plenty of action. Our first look at Ba'al. Not far off seeing Anubis now, fangasm
          sigpic

Comment

A great first part to a fantastic two-parter!

I always felt the poor old Tok'ra were dogged by bad luck, whatever they did they never seemed to succeed, despite their best efforts! Here was a great opportunity for them to strike against the System Lords and it all looked as if it was going their way finally! The System Lords in one place, weakened by internal wrangling and a new enemy, an ally in the Tau'ri who could provide the ideal infiltration with a human slave who could take a devastating biological weapon to kill the symbiotes. But....no......what happens?.... turns out they actually need the System Lords as the new Goa'uld on the block is almost as powerful as all the System Lords put together, plus the Tok'ra and their supposedly secret base gets decimated by Zippy!!!

Oh, if only Daniel knew what nightmares awaited them all with the sparing of Ba'al's life! It was great to watch this episode knowing what was to come with that devious System Lord. He made a great villain.

Comment

Yup, really like this two-parter, and it starts great with this episode. Really interesting look at the System Lords and some 'fun' for Daniel. Less bothered about the Tok'ra part of the storyline but it adds to the drama.

Comment

I started watching this really late. Didn't know it was a two-part.
                So I'll watch part two now and it better be good, I hope Daniel will pull himself together.

Comment

Those Tok'ra... will they ever change... No, I don't want them to change. They wouldn't make great characters if they were any different. Besides, it's always nice to see Dad. And Jack's affection for the Tok'ra also makes for good watching.

So, there's going to be a Summit and the idea is to kill all the System Lords attending. Can I just say, btw, that I love the diversity of the Lords and Ladies. Ba'al's there... cool!

Zippie's back too. Changed his outfit, lost that ridiculous headdress at least. And works for Anubis now... how nice.

Mmmm... Osiris.... *thunk*

Anyway... err... Daniel as Yu's lothar. Sam joking about Yu -- was it just my imagination or was AT trying really hard not to laugh out loud?
                  Daniel looks pretty good as lothar... very sexy!

And then all goes to hell in a handbasket on Tok'ra planet...
                  My sister and I were joking about the falling styrofoam tunnel-parts -- "Pretend they're heavy! Pretend they're heavey!"

OH ... I almost forgot... Lantesh in Elliot. And apparently they neglected to safe Martouf when they could, just so they could dissect his brain. Damn... They sure don't value the host much, do they.

Onwards to part II...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                    Where did the Tok'ra obtain the mind altering product from the Reole if they were not involved in the episode The Fifth Man??
                    During Fifth Man Janet stated she had asked the tok'ra for help.

I liked the episode especial the look of the show, nice outfits all around. I didn't care for Sam's attitude during this episode. She totally disregarded the life of the snake for the host. However, she would never risk the life of one of her teammates to save her own. She acted like the host wouldn't have wanted snake to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                      Where did the Tok'ra obtain the mind altering product from the Reole if they were not involved in the episode The Fifth Man??
                      Earth shared the chemical with Tok'ra. You know, Earth & Tok'ra had a treaty to share tech and intelligence. Too bad the Tok'ra rarely reciprocated.

Comment

It would have been good if we had seen some of these System Lords in previous/future episodes to get some more background on them, as we did with the likes of Apophis/Chronus/Heru'Ur etc.

Comment

We do get to see Ba'al in the future, along with Yu.
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Just one of the rest lol. I suppose Osiris can be included as well. But there were probably 4/5 others there who we don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenSG1 View Post
                              Just one of the rest lol. I suppose Osiris can be included as well. But there were probably 4/5 others there who we don't see.
                              Forgot about Osiris. Bastet or Morrigan would have been fun to see!
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                Forgot about Osiris. Bastet or Morrigan would have been fun to see!

It would.

When you consider nearly every time at least two Goa'uld are being talked about, they've always had some battle with another and have suffered or won, would have been good if we had got to see a bit more of that, they were all speaking of sneak attacks on their ships or jaffa (from Anubis), would have been good to see the build up to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X