48 Hours (514)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    This episode was a great introduction to McKay! For his first episode he seemed like a very well developed character, his citrus allegy, the unbelievable arrogance (but its probably from being a genius and knowing he's always the smartest person in any room ). Especially liked the 'dumb blonde remark! The writers must have had future plan for him to have put that much thought into a character who only appeared twice in Stargate (before Atlantis started).
    Actually they didnt have any plans for him. The role of Mckay was orignially going to be a doctor named Ingram. They never found someone to play him and finally they realized that Mckay, who already had history with SG1 would be best for the role and he was actually the last one to be cast and started filming after everyone else.

It was this episode though that allowed for Mckay to return in Atlantis. If the chemistry and back-and-forth with Carter hadn't been so good then he wouldn't be the Mckay of Atlanis that we know and love Even if he was only there to make the main team shine.

This is one of my favorite SG1 episodes, i say one of cuz I have lots, theres just so many to choose from I had to try to remind myself that mckay isnt Atlantis mckay in this episode, and force myself to view him as the outsider he was. Still...gotta love him ------>
    BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

sooo.. how was Tanith still alive? how was he not wiped out at the end of season 4 when the sun exploded and took out Aphosis' fleet, and the rest were wiped by replicators?

Comment

Originally posted by placid View Post
        sooo.. how was Tanith still alive? how was he not wiped out at the end of season 4 when the sun exploded and took out Aphosis' fleet, and the rest were wiped by replicators?
        Apparently he used an escape pod or cargo ship and escaped Apophis' mothership before Vorash's sun went supernova... he then allied himself with another Goa'uld, Anubis

Comment

But how could he know what we were upto, to make that get away. Also why was his ship not hit with that hyperspace acceletation field that both their hatak and apophis' mothership was..

Comment

i thought he just left in his al'kesh?? oh well.

i loved this ep extremely much, just because of mckay. lucky him tho, he got to go to russia...i wish i could go to russia...
            sigpic
            Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

So any other Canadians watch this episode on Space today? I'm working my way through the series for the first time, and this was tonight's syndicated episode.

I enjoyed the episode - having seen some of the later episodes with McKay, and a handful of episodes of Atlantis, it was funny to see this first introduction to him. I also enjoyed Daniel's trip to Russia.

One question I had was actually that starting with the preview yesterday (last episode) for this episode, and then again with this one, they were done up with modern "action movie" type music, and cheasy movie-trailor like graphic fonts. Anyone remember this, and know any reason for it? It just seems so out of place with SG-1.
              sigpic
              Live Journal | FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by Risti View Post
                I enjoyed the episode - having seen some of the later episodes with McKay, and a handful of episodes of Atlantis, it was funny to see this first introduction to him. I also enjoyed Daniel's trip to Russia.
                I agree that Daniel's trip to Russia was very interesting. The round table in a classic Russian meeting room was very cool as well as the shots of Moscow. There just aren't enough episodes that have to do with foreign nations on earth. This is a key episode that establishes that the united states is in complete control of all things concerning the Stargate. Now that the Russians don't have a Stargate they have no bargaining chip for the technologies we retrieve through the Stargate.

I also have a question about the decision to go to P3X-116, if they knew the Goa'uld were establishing a presence there? You would think that the SGC would steer away from such a dangerous mission.
                sigpic

Comment

great episode. rodney was so arrogant when he first appeared and believed he knew everything even going as far as saying that getting Teal'c out of the Stargate was imposable.
                  sigpic

Comment

Actor Peter Wingfield's name should have appeared on the guest credits, despite that he was only seen for 3 to 5 seconds before Teal'c opened fire.

Comment

i agree if he was in the show even for a short time he should have been in the credits
                      sigpic

Comment

Thinking back, these episode has to have one of General Hammond's finest moments. I can't remember the exact phrasing but the gist is:

Hammond: Major Carter, I have been given the order to resume gate operations. The only way I can stop it is to resign my comission. But then I will have no control over who runs this base in a couple of hours. *beat* Is that enough time?
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by JARVISBRODIE View Post
                          Actor Peter Wingfield's name should have appeared on the guest credits, despite that he was only seen for 3 to 5 seconds before Teal'c opened fire.
                          I remember hearing (I think it was the DVD comentary) that they wanted Peter Wingfield back for this episode but apparently he wanted to cut a deal for more money and an agreement could not be met, so in the end they did not hire him and were forced to come up with what we ended seeing. I think that would have been why they did not credit him on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                            Thinking back, these episode has to have one of General Hammond's finest moments. I can't remember the exact phrasing but the gist is:

Hammond: Major Carter, I have been given the order to resume gate operations. The only way I can stop it is to resign my comission. But then I will have no control over who runs this base in a couple of hours. *beat* Is that enough time?
                            i agree Hammond was great in this episode. i love the fact he belived that if anyone could save him sam could. i think u got the phrasing right and that is one of my fave moments of this episode
                            sigpic

Comment

finally that b*****d tomin dies i always hated him from the start. i love that teal'c says "i have my vengeance" when sam asks him what just happened from his view. where anybody else would of been like, i just stepped through the gate like normal...

Comment

i agree
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X